RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Gentleman Joe Parker

Now the WBO champion, and the TAB is well and truly hitched to his wagon.

I'm with the TAB here, great exposure to new clients and an opportunity to penetrate deep into a massive global market.

Hard to find a negative here other than that our dear old TAB might struggle to provide a decent product or service to any new customers they capture. 

My only other comment, why no TAB commentators ? ( other than Staffy's little cameo ). They seem happy to subject us to dozens of presenters who know nothing much about racing shoving "noise" down our throats all day every day, so why don't the "Bert and Ernies" of Trackside sit ringside, shove Mike Angove and The Colonel aside, and fill the air with noise about another sport they know nothing about ?. Makes sense to me.

1 hour ago, Midget said:

... so why don't the "Bert and Ernies" of Trackside sit ringside, shove Mike Angove and The Colonel aside, and fill the air with noise about another sport they know nothing about ?. Makes sense to me.

Don't worry Midget, it'll come. It's what they do. Even money and shortening?

17 hours ago, turny said:

Great move by the TAB - their future is in Sports betting as Racing is over - give them credit as they are on the money

Have been punting horses since early 70's, but am taking to sports betting like a duck to water. Had several K on parker head to head, but must admit i was very lucky on this occasion. Will lay Parker next time he fights quality opposition. He has no show against Joshua. Wilder maybe, but even he may be a bridge to far.

TAB had live betting round by round.

I tracked it.

This is all from memory ( there was liquor involved ) and someone will correct me if I'm outrageously wrong, but as I recall JP started at $1.30, drifted to about $1.75 after five rounds, then shortened from there and was a low $1.09 with two rounds to go.

The good judges who bet with their heads always had JP winning from R5 onwards.

One thing concerns me though, JP has Kevin Barry, Ruiz had Freddy Roach and now has Abel Sanchez. KB might need someone to assist him if he's going to take JP to the next level because for all his passion and commitment he's no Freddy or Abel.

No disrespect to JP, but i have my doubts he will make it to the next level. I remember watching David Tua winning bronze at the Barcelona Olympics, and seeing in him that he could go all the way. I do not see the same in Joseph. Tua was natural, from the outset, Joseph doe's not appear in the same mould. I do hope i'm wrong though. I don't have any problem with Kevin Barry, he's done a great job getting him to where he's at.

The heavyweight fight of the weekend was the fight before Joshua.Dylan Whyte V Dereck Chisora 12 rounds of two big  men it was brutual either one would beat Parker but I have no doubts their names will not appear on Duccos list  of dud fighters to line up against Parker.If you have the chance watch it if Sky repeat on Fight Night.

Also the lead up card on Saturday was a joke Ducco probably put  a tender  out any fighters over 35 wanting a free trip to NZ and some money please apply.

Parkers brother should give up  and Junior Fai too slow.

10 hours ago, Midget said:

One thing concerns me though, JP has Kevin Barry,

Agree Midget. He isn't a world class trainer, a good journeyman maybe and for JP to take another step up he needs to find some more power and shore up his  defense which looked fragile at times. Good luck to him and nice to see a Kiwi do well in boxing.

Can't do more than he's done and they can't take it off him but suffice it to say he's only world champion in New Zealand. Sure he marked Ruiz's face but never looked like putting him down despite 3ins in height and reach.Wait till he has to travel then fight some REAL heavyweights. BIG step up.