RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
WhoKnows

Opawa Shackley

After tonight's run is it fair to say this dog just can't back up?

August 2015 wins a NZRS Heat then beaten in final a week later.

September wins a NZRS Heat then beaten in final a week later.

New Zealand Cup Series she won her heat, then disappointing second in heat, then again disappointing in the final.

Won her Spion Rose heat last week, then disappointing again in the final.

Nothing against her as she is an amazing bitch, but up against the top liners she just can't seem to back up week to week, she got away with it earlier against lower quality, and I thought  she was a very good lay tonight.

Thrilling Boris was a huge run, had no right to get third and he will win plenty of big races, I'd love to see them take him to Australia, he would cope no problems.

40 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

After tonight's run is it fair to say this dog just can't back up?

August 2015 wins a NZRS Heat then beaten in final a week later.

September wins a NZRS Heat then beaten in final a week later.

New Zealand Cup Series she won her heat, then disappointing second in heat, then again disappointing in the final.

Won her Spion Rose heat last week, then disappointing again in the final.

Nothing against her as she is an amazing bitch, but up against the top liners she just can't seem to back up week to week, she got away with it earlier against lower quality, and I thought  she was a very good lay tonight.

Thrilling Boris was a huge run, had no right to get third and he will win plenty of big races, I'd love to see them take him to Australia, he would cope no problems.

I guess you have had plenty of dogs make 150k?

Not quite sure what the point of this is. 

A very good field with the potential for an exceptional race was, however, and predictably, turned into a Demolition Derby with Shackley, Warrior, Blu, Boris and Brick, more or less cancelling themselves out.

I believe Shackley bolted in in the NZ Oaks when backing up.

Like many a good bitch she likes to be in front, on the lure. In fact, I cannot recall her ever being passed after she has got the.lead.

Boris went well. But he did not win. Does that mean he has trouble backing up?

Congratulations to Team Turnwald. The Prosecutor drew the one and used it beautifully.

9 hours ago, Jape said:

Not quite sure what the point of this is. 

A very good field with the potential for an exceptional race was, however, and predictably, turned into a Demolition Derby with Shackley, Warrior, Blu, Boris and Brick, more or less cancelling themselves out.

I believe Shackley bolted in in the NZ Oaks when backing up.

Like many a good bitch she likes to be in front, on the lure. In fact, I cannot recall her ever being passed after she has got the.lead.

Boris went well. But he did not win. Does that mean he has trouble backing up?

Congratulations to Team Turnwald. The Prosecutor drew the one and used it beautifully.

Correct Jape the winner made the use of the best place to be on the night and won very well, a deserved win. I would opine though that Boris's run was the best I have ever seen from a dog in a group one race without actually winning it. As the originator of this thread stated Boris no right to get third but did.

16 hours ago, alltheway!!! said:

I guess you have had plenty of dogs make 150k?

I wasn't trying to be disrespectful to her, everyone would love to own her!

I was just noting she doesn't seem to be able to back up against the really good dogs from heat to finals, and seems to only win when on the bunny.

I watched the replay of this race just a few minutes ago and still can't believe the run of Thrilling Boris, imagine what he would have run in a solo trial.

3 hours ago, TheMug said:

Boris was amazing in defeat last night. If he had the 1 box he would have won by 10L+. Exciting times for him, getting stronger every start.

Yep had we had box1 I reckon we would have won lol best dog on the night won no excuses for any ping and u win in that field as its a group1 with pace everywhere, always liked the one dog very underrated fella well done Paul cheers WB

2 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

Yep had we had box1 I reckon we would have won lol best dog on the night won no excuses for any ping and u win in that field as its a group1 with pace everywhere, always liked the one dog very underrated fella well done Paul cheers WB

If you had box 1 you would have won - LOL.

Best dog on the night won - LOL.

Well done Paul - LOL.