RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Jape

Explain

Who remembers Explain? 

Winner of four (winning jockeys Lance Robinson 2, Ricky Carston 1, Kim Lange 1) but a very frustrating mare by Success Express which quite often decided to stay in the stalls until everyone else had got underway then chase after them. Lots of placings but just the four victories from over 40 starts.

I am sure a number of Riccarton racegoers do remember this mare, now deceased, and I hope they had a decent wager on Aide Memoire today in the Group 1 Captain Cook.

Aide Memoire by Remind out of Explain.

Well done!

1 hour ago, Jape said:

Who remembers Explain? 

Winner of four (winning jockeys Lance Robinson 2, Ricky Carston 1, Kim Lange 1) but a very frustrating mare by Success Express which quite often decided to stay in the stalls until everyone else had got underway then chase after them. Lots of placings but just the four victories from over 40 starts.

I am sure a number of Riccarton racegoers do remember this mare, now deceased, and I hope they had a decent wager on Aide Memoire today in the Group 1 Captain Cook.

Aide Memoire by Remind out of Explain.

Well done!

Remember her well.

Kim was apprenticed to me when she was riding her,  the mare used to tie up badly which quite likely had a fair bit to do with her reluctance to jump out.

Explain spent her later years here at Hedwood thoroughbreds in West Melton with Kay & Marie Hood.  She had a Painted Black first,  then when Alan was down (one of Aide Memoires co-breeders, we were going to see him (PB)and I asked him to swing by and look at Remind on the way.  He was very much more her type but had a couple of things that I liked in the match and a couple that Alan liked so off she went to stud.  Bella was foaled and brought up here in West Melton, before going north to the co-breeders to be broken in and race.  We kept   Explain and she foaled a very nice Coats Choice Colt for Hedwood who was unweaned when she succumbed to anaphylactic shock from being stung by bees.  We lost two of our mares this way as neighbour had a beekeeper put hives on boundary unknown to us until we saw swarms of bees on horses water troughs.  Bees need water so asked them to supply their bees with it themselves, but too late for Expain & Emerge.  Bella was always a lovely type and very much The same type as her mother.  She was 20 on foaling Aide Memoire and 22 for her last foal who is in Auckland after being sold at Si sale.  Nice natured and lovely to handle she was very much a boss mare in the Broodmare paddock.  The other mares allowed her orphan to mix with them and their foals.  It was sad she didn't leave us another filly.  Who said old mares don't produce.  Explain has and made all her breeders and syndicate owners very proud.  First G1 for us all as breeders and for her sire. Remind who stands at long Acres Stud at Darfield.  Another SI stallion kept the flag flying today when Natuzzi won the G2 at Elleslie, Coats Choice is his sire.

12 hours ago, Tapu said:

Explain spent her later years here at Hedwood thoroughbreds in West Melton with Kay & Marie Hood.  She had a Painted Black first,  then when Alan was down (one of Aide Memoires co-breeders, we were going to see him (PB)and I asked him to swing by and look at Remind on the way.  He was very much more her type but had a couple of things that I liked in the match and a couple that Alan liked so off she went to stud.  Bella was foaled and brought up here in West Melton, before going north to the co-breeders to be broken in and race.  We kept   Explain and she foaled a very nice Coats Choice Colt for Hedwood who was unweaned when she succumbed to anaphylactic shock from being stung by bees.  We lost two of our mares this way as neighbour had a beekeeper put hives on boundary unknown to us until we saw swarms of bees on horses water troughs.  Bees need water so asked them to supply their bees with it themselves, but too late for Expain & Emerge.  Bella was always a lovely type and very much The same type as her mother.  She was 20 on foaling Aide Memoire and 22 for her last foal who is in Auckland after being sold at Si sale.  Nice natured and lovely to handle she was very much a boss mare in the Broodmare paddock.  The other mares allowed her orphan to mix with them and their foals.  It was sad she didn't leave us another filly.  Who said old mares don't produce.  Explain has and made all her breeders and syndicate owners very proud.  First G1 for us all as breeders and for her sire. Remind who stands at long Acres Stud at Darfield.  Another SI stallion kept the flag flying today when Natuzzi won the G2 at Elleslie, Coats Choice is his sire.

The West Melton area (Canterbury) has exceptional horsemen /women who have interest in both codes most have SB and TB working together in harmony.