RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
racetrackringo

Tony Lee to return?

41 minutes ago, Insider said:

That's stupid! No wonder this site has no credibility, other than myself and Hedley.

For Fooks sake LJ Molloy was riding when Lochie was calling and that's before man walked on the moon, Mandela took control of South Africa, the Berlin Wall came down and the All Blacks lost a Test Series.

I have said stupider things. I'm surprised actually that no one has suggested Leo as a racecaller. I imagine he could turn his hand to that.

10 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I have said stupider things. I'm surprised actually that no one has suggested Leo as a racecaller. I imagine he could turn his hand to that.

I am sure that he would be a success at racecalling too. However on the Champagne Turf he would not be welcome. Certainly not after all of the derogatory remarks he has made this week and over the years about the best track in NZ. Of course all of that could change on Saturday night when he publicly announces to one and all that he was so wrong about the racing surface at Trentham and promises never ever to again to pass desperations on that glorious arena of the thoroughbred. Instead he will concentrate on 'how the hell' he will advise those in charge of Ellerslie on how to solve their problem of their track flying to bits after a 5 mm shower taking place between 7.00 and 8.00am on a Sat morning prior to the races starting. Get my drift?

2 hours ago, Insider said:

Of course all of that could change on Saturday night when he publicly announces to one and all that he was so wrong about the racing surface at Trentham and promises never ever to again to pass desperations on that glorious arena of the thoroughbred. 

Insider, I think you mean "pass aspersions".  

Guest 2Admin2

I'm confused!

Isn't the phrase "cast aspersions"?  

However the original meaning of aspersion is to sprinkle water as in baptism.....are you suggesting Insider that Wellington are getting the local Silverstream priests to sprinkle holy water on the track in order to get to a Dead 4?

So Liz and Ted, ambassadors for a couple of D grade paddocks masquerading as racetracks, when they're not mud pools, or concrete roads, home to alligators and mallards, throw a few malapropisms around, like a pair of mental midgets, and inadvertently introduce the concept of men of the one true apostolic faith sprinkling a little holy water around their heathen holes in the faint hope they might be blessed with a safe track.

Oh the delicious irony of that faux pas, or was it a fox pass you pair of well rooted vegetables :)

aspersion
əˈspəːʃ(ə)n/
noun
plural noun: aspersions
  1. an attack on the reputation or integrity of someone or something.
    "I don't think anyone is casting aspersions on you"
    vilification, disparagement, denigration, defamation, defamation of character, abuse,vituperation, condemnation, criticism, censure, castigation, denunciation, flak,deprecation, opprobrium, obloquy, derogation, slander, revilement, reviling, calumny,calumniation, slurs, smears, execration, excoriation, lambasting, upbraiding, bad press,character assassination, attack, invective, libel, insults, slights, curses; More
    synonyms:

Guest 2Admin2

Being selective Ted?

Definition of aspersion

1. 1:  a sprinkling with water especially in religious ceremonies

2. 2a :  a false or misleading charge meant to harm someone's reputation <cast aspersions on her integrity>b :  the act of making such a charge 

Did You Know?

No sweet aspersion shall the heavens let fall / To make this contract grow. In this line from Shakespeare's The Tempest, "aspersion" literally refers to a sprinkling of rain, but figuratively means "blessing." Shakespeare's use is true to the heritage of the term. "Aspersion" comes from the Latin word aspersus, itself a derivative of the verb "aspergere," which means "to sprinkle" or "to scatter." When "aspersion" first appeared in English in the 16th century, it referred to the type of sprinklings (for instance, of holy water) that occur in religious ceremonies. But English speakers noted that splatterings can soil and stain, and by the end of the century "aspersion" was also being used for reports that stain or tarnish a reputation.

The English language is a work in progress Ted so aspersions means what we want it to mean today, and it'll be of Latin extraction anyway so the Vatican has the final word. In other words it's all about sprinkling holy water, and you two are heathen swine :) 

Now get off to confession, both of you, ask for forgiveness for your many sins, and a decent track Saturday.

23 hours ago, Insider said:

That's stupid! No wonder this site has no credibility, other than myself and Hedley.

For Fooks sake LJ Molloy was riding when Lochie was calling and that's before man walked on the moon, Mandela took control of South Africa, the Berlin Wall came down and the All Blacks lost a Test Series.

Lochie still calls Trotting trials and workouts in the South Canterbury area.

On 12/4/2016 at 8:28 AM, von Smallhaussen said:

and John Allen will say - " what has martial arts got to do with racing?"

Related image

Is that bruce lee, or his brother brock, think you got more chance of getting one of them, brock is a vegetarian they say.