RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
meomy

Danyule Johnson

Who the heck is Danyule Johnson who is riding at Ellerslie Racecourse today?

Would the person who keeps calling "Danielle" Johnson on Radio Trackside at the moment please learn to pronounce her name correctly?

It's bad enough when we hear Danielle called Danyule on the early morning Sunday Radio Racing review program but during the races when we are supposed to be promoting our beloved races to the wider community is embarrassing n unacceptable.

Danielle must cringe everytime she gets called Danyule as no doubt her family n friends n followers do.

I bloody agree, I cant believe it. Oh and while we are on it, how come John Key and one of the leading presenters have the same speech impediment? Try listening to both of them say straight and any other number of words!

The above is rant for today because everything is so hopelessly wrong with racing in this country at the moment, that I have turned into a negative gin swigging bitch such is the desperation of poor tracks, running rails that fall over, 7k races everywhere, bullshit from the top, poorly educated presenters, others like Moncur who have kept jobs against all odds etc, etc, etc, etc.

God I could go on but I might need further counseling if I do.

I am not a Christian or a Muslim for that matter, but lets all pray for fine weather, a great track, and that some quality horses come out to play next weekend at Trentham.

On another issue with name pronunciation Brendan Popperwell calling the horse trained by Graham Richardson TRIPTRONIC on several occasions the horses name is TIPTRONIC and its correctly written in the raceday book 

4 hours ago, Grant R said:

On another issue with name pronunciation Brendan Popperwell calling the horse trained by Graham Richardson TRIPTRONIC on several occasions the horses name is TIPTRONIC and its correctly written in the raceday book 

Grant, I believe that you will find that it is Brendan Popplewell not Popperwell. :D 

BP (note I'm using the hip Trackside slang now) has problems with the odd stray "r" here and there.  Have a listen to him trying to pronounce "perform" or "performance".

Mind you at least he can read, unlike my mate on Trackside Radio.

The interesting thing is regardless of all these 'errors' you still know what these people are talking about, with the advent of cell phones and texting spelling as we know it is becoming less relevant, it seems most are capable of deciphering so it's becoming less important anyway. Sad but true.  Does it really matter at the end of the day? :wacko:

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:09 AM, rdytdy said:

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

Is "slelinpg" slleping? Or spelling?!!