RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Joe blogs

well done goat

Love the goat, He has a bit of a cult following over here as he seems to race a lot on the thursdays  when myself and a few of my mates catch up for a beer .All the guys say what time is the goat in.I have never backed a greyhound in my life,but a few of the guys back the goat every start,they reckon they are well in front.

53 minutes ago, the shue25 said:

Love the goat, He has a bit of a cult following over here as he seems to race a lot on the thursdays  when myself and a few of my mates catch up for a beer .All the guys say what time is the goat in.I have never backed a greyhound in my life,but a few of the guys back the goat every start,they reckon they are well in front.

He's a great dog thats for sure. He has nothing left to prove with 2 group ones in the bag and a few NZ records to boot. But he has been far less consistent since his trips to Auckland

46 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

He's a great dog thats for sure. He has nothing left to prove with 2 group ones in the bag and a few NZ records to boot. But he has been far less consistent since his trips to Auckland

Do you know what the word 'consistent' even means?

He has had 51 starts in NZ for 43 wins, 5 seconds and 2 thirds.

Thats 1 start where he hasn't stood on the podium, and you call that inconsistent?

Last nights track conditions were very testing and you could forgive any dog for a poor run last night, and given he is an out and out speed dog his run for 3rd was more than acceptable.

Talk about tall poppy syndrome, you are bagging a dog just because he isn't winning 10 in a row anymore, get a life!

20 minutes ago, mcmissile said:

Thats 1 start where he hasn't stood on the podium, and you call that inconsistent?

Last nights track conditions were very testing and you could forgive any dog for a poor run last night, and given he is an out and out speed dog his run for 3rd was more than acceptable.

Talk about tall poppy syndrome, you are bagging a dog just because he isn't winning 10 in a row anymore, get a life!

Not disagreeing with what you say Luke, but the Stipe in charge last night describes the track as providing "Excellent Footing". Watching on TV it looked like slop.

35 minutes ago, mcmissile said:

Where did I bag him? I said he hasn't been as consistant since travelling to Auckland. He hasn't shown that same potent speed which made him a superstar. I was unaware of the conditions last night and the stripes report does state how good the track was as aquaman mentioned

1 hour ago, alltheway!!! said:

Where did I bag him? I said he hasn't been as consistant since travelling to Auckland. He hasn't shown that same potent speed which made him a superstar. I was unaware of the conditions last night and the stripes report does state how good the track was as aquaman mentioned

Still a superstar that will never change. Track did look bad last night. One thing I have seen and could be wrong if headed can't run down a dog.