RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

Trump triumphant !

Being America, perhaps Beyoncé or Kim Kardashian will break the GC and become the first woman Potus ? Maybe Cher, Pariah Carey ? If Phillis Diller or Lucille Ball were alive maybe they would be a chance? My fave for President was always Don Rickles! Now he would have been great ! :)

Change and hybrid vigour normally pre-exist before growth. What ever you think of the man, he blasted the status quo out of the water....the Supreme Court, the house, the vote, the mandate and the presidency. Hasn't been achieved in years 

Caitlin Jenner for POTUS.

She has balls, crosses gender boundaries & understands dysfunctional families.

We've had many different Presidents in my lifetime, from comedians, crooks, peanut farmers, Catholics, white men, a black man, now an orange man. I say it's time we had a gender bender cock in a frock rainbow coloured decathelete golfer from a fucked up family running the country.

Can't be any worse than George Dubbya whose knee-jerk reaction to 911 went looking for WMD's which didn't exist and started a war which then led to the formation and subsequent rise of ISIS. Whichever way you see it, the people have spoken. If you've got a boil on your arse you've got to put up with it, can't give it to anyone else. I don't think any US government has ever had any effect on my life in any way and at 69 years of age I can't see this changing it either.

What I have found interesting is how it has galvanised us as a nation. Either because it is like watching a sitcom and entertaining or truly interesting from an intellectual perspective. I have found that my work colleagues are either totally appalled or excited at the prospect of Trump leading the USA.

Ones opinion will be formed by ones World View ,so obviously on here there are differing views on the outcome of all this.

Aside from all the funny banter on here about lunatics,/cartoon characters/ and sundry being President, what goes down from here on will impact on us all, and some of that might not be so humorous.

11 minutes ago, Leggy said:

My 87 year old Mum's sage comment on the matter....

"There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it hardly behooves any of us to talk about the rest of us."

Good luck America!

Unlike the Germans, Canadians and Australians Leggy....;)

IMG_1917.JPG

IMG_1918.JPG

IMG_1919.JPG

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Whats just as interesting is reading those that got it wrong before they quietly remove their diatribe from the internet. One chap is a guy William Kristol who edits a paper called Weekly Standard. In fact these people have been wrong so many times like Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, its a wonder Americans still lap up their rubbish. Trump won't stop the handouts to Israel and has already succumbed to the swarms of pro Israel supporters with their donations and funding etc.

I can't even begin to figure this out. For those of you trying, note that Clinton winning the popular vote only shows that it was a generally close race since all over the country there are 'locked up' states. This messes with voter motivations. No-one knows what a true popular vote would actually be with the EC system in place.

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

"And because of that, and the anger that so many have toward a broken political system, millions are going to vote for Trump not because they agree with him, not because they like his bigotry or ego, but just because they can." 

I think that was the essence of the matter. I was in the states for a couple of weeks in August. I'd already had a bet on Trump in May. When I came back in August I had another nudge. That was because, less so on the west coast but strongly in the mid-west, almost every conversation I had about this had the same theme. The mid west bus driver, the Mexican bartender, the black American family at the rest stop, the red-neck truck driver etc. all had the same message.

I am sort of undecided. I'm unsure about voting for Trump. But I'm darn sure I'm not voting for Hillary, a life-time career public servant, or the lying, conniving, cheating, inept political establishment of DC that she stands for.

I suspect the polls were capturing these voters as undecided but it was clear to me that at the end of the day, as strongly as it seemed they felt, they would vote for Trump. And many of them obviously did.

31 minutes ago, Sandpiper said:

I can't even begin to figure this out. For those of you trying, note that Clinton winning the popular vote only shows that it was a generally close race since all over the country there are 'locked up' states. This messes with voter motivations. No-one knows what a true popular vote would actually be with the EC system in place.

I think Clinton only won the popular vote because large states such as California, and NewYork were Democratic strongholds with large populations, and this was at odds with the electoral college system.

14 minutes ago, aquaman said:

I think Clinton only won the popular vote because large states such as California, and NewYork were Democratic strongholds with large populations, and this was at odds with the electoral college system.

Listening to Aljazzera interview a Democrat last night was an eye opener.She stated that having lived in New York for a couple of years she was in a Democratic Party bubble totally unaware what the rest of the country was thinking.

37 minutes ago, Leggy said:

"And because of that, and the anger that so many have toward a broken political system, millions are going to vote for Trump not because they agree with him, not because they like his bigotry or ego, but just because they can." 

I think that was the essence of the matter. I was in the states for a couple of weeks in August. I'd already had a bet on Trump in May. When I came back in August I had another nudge. That was because, less so on the west coast but strongly in the mid-west, almost every conversation I had about this had the same theme. The mid west bus driver, the Mexican bartender, the black American family at the rest stop, the red-neck truck driver etc. all had the same message.

I am sort of undecided. I'm unsure about voting for Trump. But I'm darn sure I'm not voting for Hillary, a life-time career public servant, or the lying, conniving, cheating, inept political establishment of DC that she stands for.

I suspect the polls were capturing these voters as undecided but it was clear to me that at the end of the day, as strongly as it seemed they felt, they would vote for Trump. And many of them obviously did.

And the turnout was lower too Leggy. Around 126m in 2012 ( the Obama factor ) and 119m this time.

Probably many reasons why those lost millions did not vote - did not like either candidate, thought it was all over, Bernie Sanders etc but whatever the reason it did Clinton no favours at all. Democrats were down 6m on 2012.

5 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

A lesson that future candidates could learn from Clintons campaign is not to have wealthy sports people,movie and tv actors,singers etc telling people with no money how to vote.

I hope they are all wallowing in their own shit.

I think Trump had Scott Baio endorse him .Any body remember him?

No.

5 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

A lesson that future candidates could learn from Clintons campaign is not to have wealthy sports people,movie and tv actors,singers etc telling people with no money how to vote.

I hope they are all wallowing in their own shit.

I think Trump had Scott Baio endorse him .Any body remember him?

Was he in that tv show welcome back Cotter????