RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

Trump triumphant !

As the newly elected Potus, I'd just like to remind all of you why I was elected. People are sick and tired of the inactive, politically correct, disfunctional, out of touch Politicians and Office Bearers, who have no idea what's going on and therefore remain encapsulated in their insulated cocoon, doing nothing! Take note NZ Racing, the NZ Racing establishment is in a raft with no oars floating aimlessly down the horseshoe rapids (Huka Falls). The clock is ticking...your Donald will soon arise but who will it be ?

Unfortunately Trump Americans have gone from the frying pan to the fire and elected a guy who is even more out of touch with the average American than the establishment.

The question is would Donald employ a guy to run one of his largest businesses who has no prior experience or qualifications to do so?.

Lets just hope that in the very short time he is in power that he doesn't do to much damage and make things irreversible for the guy that follows.

8 minutes ago, barryb said:

The question is would Donald employ a guy to run one of his largest businesses who has no prior experience or qualifications to do so?.

Not sure about that Barry B. Leadership, negotiation, gets things done and now a demonstrated ability to disestablish the establishment. The people have spoken. 8 years I'd say.

He also recognises that you need to invest in infrastructure (tracks) not handouts (stakes), reduce costs (taxes) for those at the coal face, and get rid of the bureaucracy (Petone). Exactly what NZ racing needs.

He's a sexist, racist, arrogant, self focused person. Western democracies around the world were founded by white middle class males (exactly Trumps core support), they are all in decline from this traditional core base which like racing around the world its in a sunset phase.

Trump is the last throw of the dice to halt this decline and we will see similar to him around the world grab power in a last ditch attempt to hold on. What's fuelled this is traditional boundaries of race/religion have eroded under globalisation and western democracies are the worst affected. The notion that you will become a minority in your own country is frightening and you will have no political power to reverse it.

1 minute ago, barryb said:

The notion that you will become a minority in your own country is frightening and you will have no political power to reverse it.

I'd say tough. Why should you? Nothing democratic about that. This is people power. What NZ Racing needs.

Leggy dont delude yourself too much mate, Trumps benefitted massively financially from the institution he is supposedly going to dismantle. Whats his motivation for office?

Purely egotistical and elected under a wave of racism?

I hope you are right and I am wrong Leggy.

16 minutes ago, barryb said:

Not much evidence of that. Clinton got less of the female vote, less of the young vote and less of the black vote than Obama did in the last election.

13 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Not much evidence of that. Clinton got less of the female vote, less of the young vote and less of the black vote than Obama did in the last election.

Stacks of evidence of it. Where did the Muslim vote go? Hispanic vote? . 

I guess if the female vote was larger than expected for him, it shows that even with 40+ yrs of sexist attitudes you can be forgiven.

Guest 2Admin2
17 minutes ago, barryb said:

I guess if the female vote was larger than expected for him, it shows that even with 40+ yrs of sexist attitudes you can be forgiven.

Aren't you overstating the Presidential Election impact?  Wasn't there a reasonable swing across the USA towards the Republicans?  After all they now control the Senate, the House and the Supreme Court.  Reading into some of the detail the GOP machine mobilised two years ago into the battle ground "rust" states and that's what made the biggest difference.  It also seems that Hilary may narrowly win the popular vote which confuses the analysis even more.

BarryB, I respect your opinion but on the US Election I think you've missed the point and my connection of Trumps triumph to NZ Racing. The USA election was not about Trump, someone you label a racist, a sexist etc etc (don't believe all you read in Women's Weekly!). The Election was about the people being fed up with the established system of politics and the people running the show. Trump has never been a politician or a Officer of the US armed services. He was their only choice outside the establishment. A person who resonated with what they saw as a chance to bring change and action where they believe it's needed. Like him or hate him, he "bolted" in. This is exactly what NZ racing needs. A Trump. Someone prepared to ruffle feathers, get change and action. Cause some pain so that the Industry can survive and thrive. Someone different. Who is that person in NZ to get Racing on a path to prosperity? (By the way, I think Trump may surprise many with his leadership. He'll not put up with wafflers and non-achievers!)

Ernie is 100% correct as always, and "drain the swamp" is as relevant to NZ racing as it was to middle America.

The only point to debate is where do you stop, the big swamp as in the NZRB ? (that'd be my focus ) but there are compelling arguments to say the Members Council is not operating as intended and has been hijacked so they should be looked at, then you've got NZTR.

There's a lot of swamp out there to drain !!

Why don't you put your name forward Ernie, you and Peter Vela, you two would sort this shite out easily.

1 hour ago, barryb said:

Leggy dont delude yourself too much mate, Trumps benefitted massively financially from the institution he is supposedly going to dismantle. Whats his motivation for office?

I hope you are right and I am wrong Leggy.

You are the deluded one here Barryb. You have been sucked in by the corrupt media. They make me vomit, spin and lie's. You have swallowed hook line and sinker all their tales. You only had to look at our local news to realise they were corrupt in their biased reporting which consisted of only reporting negative things about Trump, and positive things about Clinton. Even idiots could surely see this.

I'll share what I wrote this morning...

So, we had our end of year function last night, (obviously can’t call it a Christmas function lest we offend) and it is fair to say that many who remained in my vicinity are experiencing symptoms of hypoglycaemia, dehydration, acetaldehyde intoxication, and glutamine rebound as they read this.

I’ve had the Hollywood Bakery potato topped savoury, and a small flat white with an extra shot  - so I’m ready to rock.

So Trump won… President Trump… President… Trump – say it enough times and it sounds normal (well, normal 2016-style)

The sun still rose this morning (actually, I’m assuming that, it’s a bit overcast…)

I was standing on the wharf this morning

A school-boy, was discussing the outcome with a neighbour

He was well informed-ish

‘There might be a re-count in Florida’

I interrupted, ‘no, it needs to be within 0.5% for a recount in that state’

‘Yes but if Hillary had just got 1% more in Florida, and Ohio…’

At that point, being a little on the delicate side and not favouring keeping the sun off this particular snowflake, I gave him the full force of my breath

‘Listen son, as my Father always said to me, if my Aunt had balls she’d be my uncle’

Which actually, is probably not so true these days, but the metaphor still rings - what is, is.

He stood stunned

My neighbour, who is well versed in my vernacular, suppressed a smile

I wandered down the ramp

There was quite a gap behind me as I hopped on the ferry… 

1 hour ago, barryb said:

Try sticking with the facts, not the hype.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-election-day/trump-did-better-blacks-hispanics-romney-12-exit-polls-n681386

Haven't seen the Muslim figures but:

The leader of the Republican Muslim Coalition, Saba Ahmed, told Al Jazeera that she is super-excited that Republican candidate Donald Trump had won the presidency.

"The Republican Muslim Coalition is looking forward to working with president Trump."

22 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Try sticking with the facts, not the hype.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-election-day/trump-did-better-blacks-hispanics-romney-12-exit-polls-n681386

Haven't seen the Muslim figures but:

The leader of the Republican Muslim Coalition, Saba Ahmed, told Al Jazeera that she is super-excited that Republican candidate Donald Trump had won the presidency.

"The Republican Muslim Coalition is looking forward to working with president Trump."

The Democrats obviously didn't do a very good job of motivating black voters.

They won the popular vote 47.7% ( 59,606,287 ) to 47.5% ( 59,399,248 )  yet lost the Election.

When Obama won in 2012, he got 51.06% ( 65,915,795 ) to Romneys 47.2% ( 60,933,504 )

That "lost" 7-8 mllion that didn't bother to vote made the difference.

16 minutes ago, Midget said:

There cannot be a fence because an Indian reservation spans that border, 75 miles wide and deep into Mexican territory, and it's independently governed, enshrined in law in fact.

I think the "build a wall" mantra was more metaphorical than literal don't you ?

The wall will be built, but not how many people think. It will be more about enforcing the boarder, strengthening it in strategic places physically and electronically, and enforcing the law. They will spend a lot more money on increasing and beefing up policing of the boarder, and Mexico will pay for it.

Clinton lost when she labelled Trump supporters 'a basket of deplorables. The fence sitters were a very large bloc and the arrogance caused offense and a voting decision.The result a 'deplorable' Trump beat 'disreputable' Clinton. Lesson! - Hurling shit doesn't win friends and influence folk (the way you want)

1 hour ago, Trump said:

BarryB, I respect your opinion but on the US Election I think you've missed the point and my connection of Trumps triumph to NZ Racing. The USA election was not about Trump, someone you label a racist, a sexist etc etc (don't believe all you read in Women's Weekly!). The Election was about the people being fed up with the established system of politics and the people running the show. Trump has never been a politician or a Officer of the US armed services. He was their only choice outside the establishment. A person who resonated with what they saw as a chance to bring change and action where they believe it's needed. Like him or hate him, he "bolted" in. This is exactly what NZ racing needs. A Trump. Someone prepared to ruffle feathers, get change and action. Cause some pain so that the Industry can survive and thrive. Someone different. Who is that person in NZ to get Racing on a path to prosperity? (By the way, I think Trump may surprise many with his leadership. He'll not put up with wafflers and non-achievers!)

"Bolted in" is stretching it Trumpy. The Democrats won more votes and Trump got fewer votes ( about 1.6m ) than Romney..!

We can just hope he surprises us all and gets the country back together again. Won't be easy.

3 minutes ago, Trump said:

Ohakason. You need 270 to be President. Trump is on 288 !! He bolted in by any ones calculation. He didn't stumble over the line. It's the number of Electoral College Votes. He shat in.

My point was the number that voted for him. Forget the weird ECV. He is on 290 by the way.

Fewer than Romney...and more Americans voted for Clinton. Weird huh...?

Building the wall cannot be translated literally. Companies that moved their business to Mexico for cheap labour, then sold their products back into America for bigger margins, will have import duty put on their products. America is f#%ked - just like the NZ Racing Industry - because the establishment has sat on its arse, kept the minimum wage under $10 per hour, very little social safety net, etc etc, etc. Democracy worked and now with an Independant President and majority Senate and Congress, the fireworks are about to start! Just what NZ Racing needs, a giant "DOUBLE HAPPY" and a Katherine Wheel under its arse. A clean out, a purge, call it what you like. The Donald will not cop Capitol Hill bullshit. Just watch.