RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Manawatu Race 4 - shocker!!

Holy Heavens that looked bad!

BUT that actually reinforces his defence of the drive that he is charged with - He can't hit the horse. and Danke is flat out trying regardless of whether he does anything or not.

The only flaw is that he used the whip twice on Danke in a Cambridge race on October 21st.

Plot thickens.

I am going to fly in the face of public opinion and predict a 'Donald Trump' .......Not Guilty!

Seriously Stipes show your INTEGRITY like you should have before in regards to Geoff Martin.

How the hell you allowed this fella to continue to jump in the cart and take the piss I don't know.

You should have suspended him there and then when he didn't try a yard, but no lets adjourn it and have a long look at something that is blatantly obvious and you call yourselves professionals?

You have so much egg on your faces it isn't funny and if Geoff Martin isn't given at least a years suspension then the judicial system is an absolute ass!

Geoff Martin doesn't need to carry a whip as he is never going to use it because he doesn't want to win does he?

He stopped making any effort shortof the post and the horse gets just beaten again.

Chuck the book at him as there is no place for these types of drives in NZ.

Ah feel better now!

12 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Holy Heavens that looked bad!

BUT that actually reinforces his defence of the drive that he is charged with - He can't hit the horse. and Danke is flat out trying regardless of whether he does anything or not.

The only flaw is that he used the whip twice on Danke in a Cambridge race on October 21st.

Plot thickens.

I am going to fly in the face of public opinion and predict a 'Donald Trump' .......Not Guilty!

Happy, yes it does reinforce the fact that the fella is not up to the required standard and should be in the stand or give him age dispensation and allow him in the KIDS CARTS where you aren't allowed to use a whip!

If the horse can't be whipped then he should not be carrying one. If he did this then his defence would be solid.

Maybe he is guilty and the stipes too....of being stupid for not addressing this issue before it has got to this stage and the awful perception (at the very least) it has created.

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

If the horse can't be whipped then he should not be carrying one. If he did this then his defence would be solid.

Maybe he is guilty and the stipes too....of being stupid for not addressing this issue before it has got to this stage and the awful perception (at the very least) it has created.

He hasn't even touched the horse with the whip, he gave up doing anything short of the post and he got beaten.

There is absolutely no defence and he has to be ousted for a very long time, if there is any credibility in the industry.

What part can't the Stipes understand about Geoff Martin not giving his horse every chance to win????

How do,we know that a Danke won't respond to a gentle touch with the whip as he he doesn't use it.

Yet, they heavily fine our junior drivers for trying hard to win, driving his own horse.

Just read the Stipes report from tonight and yeah Geoff Martin has once again been charged but hearing adjourned to a future date once again.

What the heck is the point of adjourning it as any clown can see he is guilty and needs a very long suspension!!!!

No doubt he will be allowed to drive again next week!!!!

Just had a look at both races and I do feel he was trying - it is not until you look back at previous videos to see whether or not he showed more vigour. The horse looked to be doing his best and he (Martin) was definitely trying to win but putting his whip away prematurely wasn't a good look and he should be charged with that. Charged Brodie - not drawn and quartered

Just watched this race and the finish several times. I think he was definitely trying to win this race. He pulled out of 3 back  not long after the start and went to the lead. When challenged by others down the back he refused to hand up and even went clear at the 200. Martin gave him several cracks with the whip and then stopped when in my opinion he throught  he had the race won. Im sure he didnt see the winner flash out wide as he was obstructed by the other horse he had covered. If you look at him just short of the post when the winner was passing him you can see him wave the whip again but by this time it was too late. Sure it was a bad drive and he should have won but on this occasion when he wanted to win he didnt not like the other occasion when he didnt want to win. 

you are dreaming! he raised that whip in the air in defiance, name me another race at cambridge where the driver holds his whip straight up to the sky, then makes some  mock gestures with it before deliberately and visually tucking it under his arm 50m of the finish line? i wonder why he has been charged again? the stipes must have been wrong? 

The first case from manawatu should've been dealt with well before there was a chance for the second one last night to happen. Both absolute shockers and just shows how weak/slow and how little   Respect the stipes and jca have for punter confidence. The have all. The equipment and videos needed on a given race night to deal with a case which involes something that happens in a race on the night yet they waste time and punter confidence by delaying these cases. The whole riu systems is becoming a joke with recent happenings and needs a clean out for the good of the industry. 

6 hours ago, Spikecity said:

Just had a look at both races and I do feel he was trying - it is not until you look back at previous videos to see whether or not he showed more vigour. The horse looked to be doing his best and he (Martin) was definitely trying to win but putting his whip away prematurely wasn't a good look and he should be charged with that. Charged Brodie - not drawn and quartered

Spike, for Petes sake.

Alistair Lowe was hung and quartered at Ashburton for his drive at Ashburton.

Andrew Fitzgerald, a junior driver was flogged by the Stipes at Kaikoura for trying hard to win, and yet this fellah Geoff Martin keeps driving these SHOCKERS and the Stipes are still allowing to drive, without even suspending him!

Geoff Martin never once touched the horse with the whip, just some type of wave the whip in the air!

Stipes need to get real and act with INTEGRITY like their name says!

6 hours ago, harewood said:

Just watched this race and the finish several times. I think he was definitely trying to win this race. He pulled out of 3 back  not long after the start and went to the lead. When challenged by others down the back he refused to hand up and even went clear at the 200. Martin gave him several cracks with the whip and then stopped when in my opinion he throught  he had the race won. Im sure he didnt see the winner flash out wide as he was obstructed by the other horse he had covered. If you look at him just short of the post when the winner was passing him you can see him wave the whip again but by this time it was too late. Sure it was a bad drive and he should have won but on this occasion when he wanted to win he didnt not like the other occasion when he didnt want to win. 

Harewood, he put the whip away even though he wasn't using it, and I can't see him use it just before the line at all!

He deserves a huge suspension if the Stipes are doing their job, at the moment the system is a bad joke!

This new rule re  the 10 strokes that is coming in is going to be very interesting as well.

Not defending Geoff, but I really think he did not see or realise the horses wide out were finishing quite so fast and considered he had them covered.   Perhaps just prior to putting whip away he should have struck either the shaft or dust sheet .    He certainly was "yelling" at the horse all way down the straight and knew they were there - perhapas he even misjudged where the finishing line was.     However I have no doubt he will be judged in light of previous similar "misdemeanours" and I do note this horse has been up continually for 12 months so a holiday for Geoff might fit in well for the horse as well!

I've changed my opinion about this guy.

I originally thought he was a smartarse cheat, but now I'm convinced he's just hopelessly incompetent. He seemed to think he was Peter Wolfenden last night, but he drove more like Peter Rabbit!

The stipes should do him a favour, suspend him for a very long time, and the horse might start winning!

Unfortunately mr martin has made his situation worse with last nights drive.  One assumes the delay in dealing with the original matter is because mr martin has not admitted the original charge, as is his right.                                                                                Imagine being mr martin though.  If you are to defend the original case, then you don't want to be seen giving the horse a couple with the whip at his next start as this would contradict any defence you might present to the original charge.  So he ends up doing the same again.  Its hard to comprehend why he did not notify that he would not carry a whip last night, one can only assume  he felt the whip was  required.                                                                                                                                                               Ive seen this situation before. Drivers trying to replicate their drives at their next start,when questioned about a lack of vigour at the previous start,i guess to minimalise their previous actions.  A fella down south did that at times recently.  Its a bit tough to criticize the stipes, they just want to build an air tight case,and have to give mr martin the time and the opportunity to defend it.

53 minutes ago, what a post said:

Unfortunately mr martin has made his situation worse with last nights drive.  One assumes the delay in dealing with the original matter is because mr martin has not admitted the original charge, as is his right.                                                                                Imagine being mr martin though.  If you are to defend the original case, then you don't want to be seen giving the horse a couple with the whip at his next start as this would contradict any defence you might present to the original charge.  So he ends up doing the same again.  Its hard to comprehend why he did not notify that he would not carry a whip last night, one can only assume  he felt the whip was  required.                                                                                                                                                               Ive seen this situation before. Drivers trying to replicate their drives at their next start,when questioned about a lack of vigour at the previous start,i guess to minimalise their previous actions.  A fella down south did that at times recently.  Its a bit tough to criticize the stipes, they just want to build an air tight case,and have to give mr martin the time and the opportunity to defend it.

Sorry, absolute no defends for nilness

Stipes quick to hammer drivers that try hard but ones that don't try we will waste time with hearings .

do the industry a favour and if drivers are nil suspend them and clean up the image.

Guys settle down! Danke is a professional place getter with VERY limited ability. Now 6/130. Cambridge stats 0/16. Geoff has been driving for decades. Get off his case. As for punters being ripped off I don't back horses with limited ability such as Danke. If you do you are on the road to penury.

I don't have a barrow to push, never had a bet and didn't mind seeing Tim's horse win.  However the margin wasn't that great that you could rule out it could have won with an ounce of vigor  demonstrated,  limited ability and all.  To be fair, nearly all the field were probably of limited ability.  The point is you have to be seen to make  some effort,  not sit for last 50 metres doing an impression of Rodin's   " The Thinker " .  Most comments were indeed justified as he has now been charged meaning stewards saw it the same way.   

1 hour ago, gubellini said:

Guys settle down! Danke is a professional place getter with VERY limited ability. Now 6/130. Cambridge stats 0/16. Geoff has been driving for decades. Get off his case. As for punters being ripped off I don't back horses with limited ability such as Danke. If you do you are on the road to penury.

Gubellini, are you saying that Geoff Martin's drive is acceptable?

Stipes hammer drivers who are trying to win.

As for Danke, he would've won with anyone else on him last night, so you don't back horses with limited ability?

Why should punters therefore be subjected to Drivers with very limited ability that are not playing by the rules.

Geoff Martin has done a good job with the training of Danke since he has been training it, but his driving efforts leave a lot to be desired!

The thing is that his lack of effort to win is so blatant that you can't miss it, and yet he is still able to drive!    

4 hours ago, what a post said:

what a post and what a cock! have you actually read back your own post?  ... he had to drive his horse that way because of a previous bad drive because he feared he would be charged under some sort of meandering rules that depending on the who you know rule? ...like i stated previously i had no bet on cambridge at all! ...but this really worries me as a punter, if they cant see how this guy was just taking the piss!  ... ????

2 hours ago, gubellini said:

do you need to say anything to that? are you serious? that is your solution, that we ignore blatant new york mafia style flip of the coin rules,(regardless off the30/70 expectation) to expect at a 30% vig because you are a monopoly?  .. you you you dirty dirty cunts!