RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
TheMug

Voided bets / tab mistake

Just a quick question from a mug here, today the TAB had a points start around the wrong way on a college football game and accepted the bets, about 5 hours later the option was suspended and a new option number created. Apparently all bets have been refunded. I know they have a clause where they can reject bets with any mistakes, is there absolutely no way around this / making them honour the bet? The bet was ACCEPTED, yet if it comes in they are going to get off Scott free because the odd's setter made a mistake? I've heard of them honouring there mistakes in the past but obviously doesn't look like they are going to this time. Thanks for any help.   

Personally I think they should honour the bets.   They're not going to lose a huge amount of money - I'm assuming they're alerted to the anomaly if a whole heap of money goes on. I say good luck to the punter who took advantage of their error.  They should give the person who keyed it wrong and the person who checked it a bollocking and they might take a bit more care the next time round.

A while back I put a bet on David Butcher to win a race at a night harness meeting, after he'd won one of the first two races - they kept the market open with him still in the market. Fully expected them to simply refund my bet in the morning, but they honoured the bet - go figure.

1 hour ago, N1MUE said:

Personally I think they should honour the bets.   They're not going to lose a huge amount of money - I'm assuming they're alerted to the anomaly if a whole heap of money goes on. I say good luck to the punter who took advantage of their error.  They should give the person who keyed it wrong and the person who checked it a bollocking and they might take a bit more care the next time round.

A while back I put a bet on David Butcher to win a race at a night harness meeting, after he'd won one of the first two races - they kept the market open with him still in the market. Fully expected them to simply refund my bet in the morning, but they honoured the bet - go figure.

Probably would have gotten most of mine back, put $400 on it but to no avail. The fact they accept the bet and then have the right to refund it is embarrassing IMO. It's pissed me off enough that will be all she wrote for me with them now.