RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Melbourne Cup Field...

Oceanographer was very impressive on Saturday and if he can back up, must be hard to beat.

His splits were enormous - last 800 44.80, 600-33.51,400-22.45 and last 200 in 11.41.

Compare last 400 of other winners - Sheidel 43.90 (1100m), Flying Artie 43.81,I am a Star 45.58, Le Romain 45.17....

:o

53 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Oceanographer was very impressive on Saturday and if he can back up, must be hard to beat.

His splits were enormous - last 800 44.80, 600-33.51,400-22.45 and last 200 in 11.41.

Compare last 400 of other winners - Sheidel 43.90 (1100m), Flying Artie 43.81,I am a Star 45.58, Le Romain 45.17....

:o

Two nice runs in Group Three races, but the Geelong Cup field was a shocker and Tom Melbourne's only claim to fame is winning an Albury Gold Cup.  Only Winx has been able to beat Hartnell this time in.  Hartnell easily beat Jameka and she then easily won the Caulfield Cup.  $6 with Ubet,

I don't take much notice of what BP says but he mentioned yesterday that there will be a lot of pace on up front in the Cup. That being the case it will negate some of the bad draws and play into the hands of the swoopers in the long straight. Further confusion. Take your multi's with everything paying over 20s just for fun.

13 hours ago, Bimbo said:

Two nice runs in Group Three races, but the Geelong Cup field was a shocker and Tom Melbourne's only claim to fame is winning an Albury Gold Cup.  Only Winx has been able to beat Hartnell this time in.  Hartnell easily beat Jameka and she then easily won the Caulfield Cup.  $6 with Ubet,

You can read too much into these things agreed Bimbo. He ran almost the same time as Jameka when fast closing in the Geelong Cup and ran 2 seconds faster than Almandin's last run when winning the Lexus. Drops 8.5kg on his Ebor weight...!!

Trainer doesn't know if he will handle the back up as British horses just don't run three times in two weeks, but if he does, those times suggest he will be right there. McEvoy getting off to ride Almandin for Williams is a concern however....

And I don't think Jameka can win with that weight, and Hartnell still suspect in a truly run race.

;)