RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
bazach

Star Band and I Am A Star

I see the winner of the Myer today sold for 12k as a weanling at Karaka in 2014, and her dam Star Band was sold at the same sale for a measly 2k, and in foal to Shocking! Another great buy, similar to the 1.5k paid for Tarzinos dam a couple of years back. Good luck to them. Like lotto you need to be in to win!!

Interesting that I Am Invincible was a straight out sprinter. Dixieland Band is a great source of stamina, so clearly the 'nick' worked well for I Am A Star to win at 1600 metres, plus the 49kg weight played a big part too! Makes you think that the mare mated to Shocking might have too much stamina in the pedigree.

I've been trying to understand Swynford's theories about breeding....still at a loss. So the theory seemingly has some relevance  to Flying Artie's dam but not Flying Artie himself. I've been arguing that there are many many pedigrees that have Flying Artie's dam's inbreeding on the dam where they are no good. The catalogue is full of them....so I don't know why this theory is promoted as the golden bullet.