RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jasonmccook1

Why would you bother with nz TAB

I'll be interested to see what it pays on both totes.  Bigger pools doesn't necessarily mean better value.

I do think, though, that without commingling, a number of the NZ pools are just too small to warrant betting into if you want to have a decent nudge.  This isn't one of those examples though in my opinion.

I do like the NZ quaddies but I'm also about to stop investing in the early quaddies  Awapuni under 10 k and Tauranga 12 k . Its about time the NZ TAB stopped having these 10 k terminating quaddies on shit AU meetings and supported their OWN industry and NZ punters . 

18 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

Good call Puha

I'm the same with NZ quaddies now - esp the early ones or midweek. I find it confusing that they keep topping up aussie pools - guess its the commingling problem, but it sure feels like the local industry is being abandoned

By have 10 k terminating quaddieson AU bush meetings how does that help the NZ industry?  

1 hour ago, Racing84 said:

I'll be interested to see what it pays on both totes.  Bigger pools doesn't necessarily mean better value.

I do think, though, that without commingling, a number of the NZ pools are just too small to warrant betting into if you want to have a decent nudge.  This isn't one of those examples though in my opinion.

Spot on, a quick look through the Quaddie will pays for both NZ TAB and Vic TAB and the NZ TAB comes out on top.

43 minutes ago, Leggy said:

I thought the commingling was supposedly all sorted months ago? What happened to it?

I stand to be corrected, but I think we have commingling for win and place, but not the exotics, although looking at the pool sizes today in Melbourne it looks like the Quinella pools might be commingled too.

Having a go at the First 4 is a soul-destroying act on Aussie racing these days - when roughies come in it often pays less than the trifecta!

3 hours ago, barryb said:

Spot on, a quick look through the Quaddie will pays for both NZ TAB and Vic TAB and the NZ TAB comes out on top.

Come on barryb you know the mathematics dictates tab.com.au comes out on top in the long run.  Sacred Elixir wins and the New Zealand TAB quaddie pays far less than tab.com.au.

4 hours ago, Racing84 said:

I stand to be corrected, but I think we have commingling for win and place, but not the exotics, although looking at the pool sizes today in Melbourne it looks like the Quinella pools might be commingled too.

Yep quinellas now commingled so things must be getting close to being back to normal, although my mail tells me it won't be until the beginning of next year. Can't wait!!

11 minutes ago, MiDeBo Racing said:

See it happen quite often that the huge pools in Victoria and NSW pay less than they do here with a pool 10% of the size

The pools in NZ are for recreational punters

The pools in Aus are for people who want to have a bet

The pools in Hong Kong are for those who want to make a living