Sign in to follow this  
Gruff

Goat beaten

46 posts in this topic

Interesting to see the last time this dog was a touch slow it was 29.9 kg today first time over 30kg in his latest picket line form and jumped average, leader railed and that was key to holding on with the goat looking to get underneath..can't win em all I spose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gruff said:

Interesting to see the last time this dog was a touch slow it was 29.9 kg today first time over 30kg in his latest picket line form and jumped average, leader railed and that was key to holding on with the goat looking to get underneath..can't win em all I spose

the dogs been getting beaten out of the boxes for a while now, it had too have happened sometime and today was his day... hopefully he will bounce back next week 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Showed leading 4 of his last 5 way? Haven't been following doggies but just commented through Steve Davis's disapointment of the loss,looked on paper the 30 plus kilo the main issue? No expert but I love Greyhounds:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has won 10 races at 30kg plus including a 16.86 win at the same weight he was yesterday so how the weight was the problem is beyond me he has never really been fast out of the boxes week in week out the only problem yesterday was new thang did everything perfect and was too fast on the day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EXPLORER said:

He has won 10 races at 30kg plus including a 16.86 win at the same weight he was yesterday so how the weight was the problem is beyond me he has never really been fast out of the boxes week in week out the only problem yesterday was new thang did everything perfect and was too fast on the day

Dont agree, goat had every chance to rail underneath, time showed he could of...just my opinion. Did get a bump when attempting to get the rail early but looked not near his best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alltheway!!! said:

I thought something went amiss on the first turn the way he was swinging his tail to be honest. Was not at his best but the best dog won on the day

Thats what I was getting at! When I punt dogs (which is pretty successfully) I will always watch what the trainers (not applicable if another handler has dog) is doing prior to the start, if they appear to be putting extra attention to rubbing or massaging a certain area then I back against it....exactly what I did yesterday when the goat got beat. Fantastic dog no doubt and all the best if it lines up in the semi's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, I know said:

So now there is something wrong with the dog ? You people are unbelievable . The trainer gets on here and says the dog that beat him did everything right on the day big ups to him. let me guess slim you backed the winner. 

Nope, but I went back and did another ticket without the goat as an anchor...will get you a beer next time I see you if you put your name to your post

Many thanks

Brent Littlejohn

Whitianga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, I know said:

Can't see that happening bud . What you are saying is the goat was not 100% ? 

Not sure why I should answer if you wont grow a set and name yourself but the answer to your question is yes....time will tell I guess...satisfy your own mind and think of other super dogs that would of won given the same run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slim Shady said:

Not sure why I should answer if you wont grow a set and name yourself but the answer to your question is yes....time will tell I guess...satisfy your own mind and think of other super dogs that would of won given the same run?

Considering you are seemingly such an expert in everything greyhound, and can pick up apparent injuries on dogs from your television screen, I'm amazed how you had such limited success yourself as a trainer?

Swimming Goat has been great for the code and has been a talking point in the media which is fantastic.

To come on here and say you knew he was going to get beaten because of the way he was being rubbed is nothing short of laughable, maybe you have been rubbing yourself too much?

I hope and believe he will bounce back and win the final, he hasn't done too much wrong to date has he, and if he doesn't well so what, it's sprint racing and we all know how much luck is involved in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Slim Shady said:

Not sure why I should answer if you wont grow a set and name yourself but the answer to your question is yes....time will tell I guess...satisfy your own mind and think of other super dogs that would of won given the same run?

How many did these super dogs win in a row before getting beaten?thats right every dog will get beaten at some point be gracious in defeat I say! the dog was fine before the race and good as gold after simple as that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, EXPLORER said:

How many did these super dogs win in a row before getting beaten?thats right every dog will get beaten at some point be gracious in defeat I say! the dog was fine before the race and good as gold after simple as that 

Once again I will say it...all the very best with the semi's next week. Fantastic dog that any person would be stoked to own or be a part of.

 

26 minutes ago, mcmissile said:

Considering you are seemingly such an expert in everything greyhound, and can pick up apparent injuries on dogs from your television screen, I'm amazed how you had such limited success yourself as a trainer?

I would suggest you best hang up your colars and leads if you cant pick that one of your charges is not right from watching the replays. ..the tv replays are your best tool but given your the biggest tool it doesnt suprise me you cant pick that. And yip your right...i was a crap trainer but at least I got the nuts to admit to it. Hahaha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Joe blogs said:

so why are you telling a good trainer 

who wouldn't have started the dog  if there was something wrong with it 

but maybe you might get a paid flight to come and check the dog since your such a expert

Goodnight bj...whoops jb..stupid posts deserve equally stupid replys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slim Shady said:

name a couple ? The trainer just told you the dog was 100% before and after the race but yet you think you know other wise . Why do I have to tell you who I am , I didn't ask who you were nor do I care. I don't go around telling other that there dog was not right that's why it got beaten . Like you said you weren't the best trainer so why make such a statement ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcmissile said:

Considering you are seemingly such an expert in everything greyhound, and can pick up apparent injuries on dogs from your television screen, I'm amazed how you had such limited success yourself as a trainer?

Swimming Goat has been great for the code and has been a talking point in the media which is fantastic.

To come on here and say you knew he was going to get beaten because of the way he was being rubbed is nothing short of laughable, maybe you have been rubbing yourself too much?

I hope and believe he will bounce back and win the final, he hasn't done too much wrong to date has he, and if he doesn't well so what, it's sprint racing and we all know how much luck is involved in that.

how about you compare Fridays run and how he was striding to every other race he has been in, just pointing out what I saw... all it takes is a small sore spot and your beaten in top grade. Im not taking anything away from the dog or trainer, just my own observations. I had hoped he could continue winning aswel and he deserves the galaxy for sure an if the trainer trusts hes fit and well, than he would be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, I know said:
1 hour ago, Slim Shady said:

name a couple ? The trainer just told you the dog was 100% before and after the race but yet you think you know other wise . Why do I have to tell you who I am , I didn't ask who you were nor do I care. I don't go around telling other that there dog was not right that's why it got beaten . Like you said you weren't the best trainer so why make such a statement ? 

Jaysus you might be best to calm down....hot pot of ginger tea or a stiff whiskey perhaps. At no stage I KNOW did I say that I knew better than the trainer....I tell you to quote where I said that? I said what I look for when punting a dog...absolutely didnt say it wasnt  right to line up. Go to bed and wake up with a clear head that doesn't pick arguments based off floored statements....PS: elevated heart rates prior to sleeping can cause nightmares.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

how about you compare Fridays run and how he was striding to every other race he has been in, just pointing out what I saw... all it takes is a small sore spot and your beaten in top grade. Im not taking anything away from the dog or trainer, just my own observations. I had hoped he could continue winning aswel

Agree with what your saying but sit back and wait for the abuse to fly your way now!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this