RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
WhoKnows

Spring Sam

What a shame this dog got a 5 day stand down tonight not enabling it to race on Monday, that's okay though as it qualified for the Cup Semi so I'm sure it will be fine for the Wednesday........must be great to be able to tell the vets how many days you want stood down for, rather than the other way around like it is supposed to be.

5 minutes ago, dogrug said:

Pug,Not a good 1st post.I think you are wrong.5 day stand down works like this.

Stand down starts thursday 1st day,fri 2nd.sat 3rd,sun 4th,monday 5th day,so can not race till tuesday.

gee hope im right,lol

Dead right dog rug it does expire on Monday at 7.30am which means it can race Monday 

As an example go back to the 22nd of September at addington  when another message was stood down from the 21st to the 27th of September. The dog raced on the 27th of September as its stand down finished at 7.30 am that day. Same thing will occur here with Spring Sam

It is stood down until 7.30am Monday morning which is the cut off time for all scratchings on a race day. Stand downs have worked like this for as long as I can remember.

• i think pug is wrong.
    1 hour ago, Pug said:

It is stood down until 7.30am Monday morning which is the cut off time for all scratchings on a race day. Stand downs have worked like this for as long as I can remember.

1 hour ago, Pug said:

Are you sure, my interpretation is, the last day of the standown which in this case is 31st October makes it inel

34 minutes ago, aquaman said:
  • i think pug is wrong. Quote

Are you sure, my interpretation is, the last day of the standown which in this case is 31st October makes it inel

I've given you an example earlier on in the thread Aquaman as to how it works and I could find more if you really wanted me to

2 hours ago, Pug said:

Dead right dog rug it does expire on Monday at 7.30am which means it can race Monday 

That's not how I understand it works.

It got 5 days, it doesn't matter what time it is.

5 days are, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. So will not be eligible to race until Tuesday.

19 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

That's not how I understand it works.

It got 5 days, it doesn't matter what time it is.

5 days are, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. So will not be eligible to race until Tuesday.

It's in the wording, the dog is stood down UNTIL the 31st not to the 1st hence the reason it can race on the 31st. A stand down doesn't say up to and including it just says when to.

Which is exactly how it happened in the example I gave you earlier

This might be a stupid question but has anyone bothered to look it up in the rule book or contacted a stipe & asked about it instead of just guessing?

My understanding of the rule & have asked a few stipes I know about it from when my girl was racing & got a stand-down due to injury is that it is "up to & including" the final date which would mean that Sam can't race until after Monday but he can be nominated for race that is held on Tuesday. Not all stipes put that in the reports

I.E if a dog is stood down at a meeting on Thursday at 3:45pm then the stand-down ends at 3:45pm on the Monday.

If I am wrong about this then I will admit it.