RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Where will I punt tomorrow

I find the Banks Pen situation quite sad really. It is to Riccarton Cup week what the Cox Plate is the Melb Cup Week. We just don't seem to understand the flow on value that we should be getting from Cup Week. The hype etc just doesn't seem to benefit any lead up races.

2 hours ago, Midget said:

better service, better betting options

By better service and better betting options offered in Australia, I presume you mean the way they ban you if they get an inkling that you may know what you are doing? In such a scenario, what's the point in even trying?

3 minutes ago, Peter Harrop said:

By better service and better betting options offered in Australia, I presume you mean the way they ban you if they get an inkling that you may know what you are doing? In such a scenario, what's the point in even trying?

No I bet through commingled pools into Australia.

Haven't used their tote, exchanges, or bookies yet but I'm definitely thinking about it.

Best you do your own research but start with Racing.com

Good luck.

2 hours ago, gubellini said:

WD this Sunday Banks Peninsula stage 9 races for total stakes of $74,000 -average per race $8,222. In 1986 they staged 10 races for total stakes of $96,000- average per race $9,600.

Most of those horses racing for that money in 1986 would've also been in sole ownership (no need for ripoff syndicators back then) and a winning stake in 1986 would've covered at least 18 months training fees!

Why is it that after having gone so far backwards in terms of horse quality and returns to stakeholders and punters alike, the fat men have still gotten fatter....much fatter???

12 hours ago, gubellini said:

WD this Sunday Banks Peninsula stage 9 races for total stakes of $74,000 -average per race $8,222. In 1986 they staged 10 races for total stakes of $96,000- average per race $9,600.

Fook, unbelievable, downright disgusting isn't it and yet salaries at the head offices have gone through the roof. Fook again is about all I can say!

15 hours ago, gubellini said:

We've come a long way in 30 years.

I must say I find it grossly unfair that Otago with incompetent programming gets to run a rating 85 1,200m with five noms for $25,000 and a rating 75 1,200m with seven noms for $22,500 when Banks Pen runs their rating 75 for $8,000 and their Cup race for $12,000.

Can anyone explain the rationale behind this to me?

This is the last Canterbury meeting before Cup Week. Talk about low key.

On 10/27/2016 at 7:04 PM, turny said:

Bet where NZs premier jock is riding - support you local unsung champion CW Johnson

Shame your man can't time his airplane flights like he can stayers :)

7 minutes ago, puha said:

Shame your man can't time his airplane flights like he can stayers :)

Pretty harsh Puha. Given inbound flight was delayed what was he supposed to do. Obviously something  amiss as return flight from Palmy

NZ5353
VA7589
Palmerston N Sat 11:55a.m. Sat 1:25p.m.   CANCELLED

5 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Pretty harsh Puha. Given inbound flight was delayed what was he supposed to do. Obviously something  amiss as return flight from Palmy

NZ5353
VA7589
Palmerston N Sat 11:55a.m. Sat 1:25p.m.   CANCELLED

Tongue in cheek mate