RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Where will I punt tomorrow

Not sure about  tomorrow but mainly awapuni on Saturday as I find it easier to dissect the form and generally the dividend on a 30 k NZ quaddie  pays more than the big AU pools. Aussie will be a enjoyable watch for me .( the returns are just based on what I've collected on last few months so not  gospel)

37 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

I thought I read somewhere that all Saturday races will be worth $10,000 minimum - ???

It's a day to be proud to be a Kiwi.

All across the globe punters wait for this great day on the racing calendar, it is arguably one of the two or three great days in global racing competition. 

Those same punters will be grazing the international broadcasts looking for opportunities to loosen their wallets, and of course if you read the blurb from head office NZ is, can, and will deliver on the global racing stage at the highest level.

So there's your context and background, now enjoy the $7,000 races that'll be compared with similar events from around the globe......in The Congo, Kazakhstan, or Patagonia......

8 hours ago, zelda kratchanova 2 said:

embrace globallisation idoits,bet on flrmington and  you can imagine you live here in [aus} too, n0?

Now there is a horrible thought.  The circus land of Michael Cheika :P

9 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

yes - and I am surprised that the Trainers assoc are not up in arms about it 

What Trainers Assn ? 

The one that is paid for by NZTR, the same one that gets spoon fed then rolls over to have their tummy tickled by head office ?

1 hour ago, Midget said:

What Trainers Assn ? 

The one that is paid for by NZTR, the same one that gets spoon fed then rolls over to have their tummy tickled by head office ?

nice start to the day mr m. very funny

1 hour ago, Midget said:

What Trainers Assn ? 

C'mon Midgetronic.....don't beat about the bush and keep Cubity in suspense with your fence sitting........Fan or not of the NZ Thoroughbred Trainers Assoc Inc ?

To be somewhat honest Cubes doesn't know if we have ever heard of them or knew they existed but we are more of an owner/punter to be fair .

19 hours ago, Midget said:

It's a day of choices for the discerning punter.

Tauranga ?? 8 races, soft 8 track, and total stakes $75,000

Feilding at Awapuni, 9 races, slow 7, total stakes $220,000

Flemington, 9 races, good track, $5,300,000 in stakes.

Hey big fella - what about the races at Mortlake.

All maiden races are worth 10k and the Mortlake Cup is 20k.

They get 2 race dates a year.

Where the fook is Mortlake???

Guest 2Admin2

Greg Purcell was leading bookmaker there at one stage.

Mortlake

Mortlake /ˈmɔːtleɪk/ is a town in the Western District of Victoria, Australia on the Hamilton Highway, 50 kilometres north-east of Warrnambool. It is in the Shire of Moyne local government area and the federal Division of Wannon.Wikipedia
  • Postal code:
  • Federal division:
    • Division of Wannon

Hotels

3-star averaging NZ$103 

Mortlake Racing Club, It's got it all!

Established in 1869 and with a proud history, the Mortlake Racing Club continues to thrive on the Victorian country racing circuit.

Our dedicated committee works hard to ensure that we deliver a first class event for the thousands of people visiting our club for our annual Mortlake Cup meeting held on Derby Day.  With the iconic and picturesque Mount Shadwell overlooking the racecourse you can relax and enjoy the colour, atmosphere and excitement of this much anticipated event. 

We embrace friends, families and clubs that choose Mortlake for their taste of spring racing action!

Apart from our successful race day, the club services the racing industry by conducting regular jump-outs during the winter months in particular and running up until late spring.  We have made steady improvements to the racecourse infrastructure and facilities to ensure that we provide an exciting, friendly, comfortable and professional service to our patrons, members and thoroughbred industry participants.

Perfect for the punter, the socialite and for kids, make it to Mortlake for a Great Day Out!

https://www.google.co.nz/maps/place/Mortlake+VIC+3272,+Australia/@-38.0584127,142.6499661,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x6ad2875a96fdcfc7:0x40579a430a0c950!8m2!3d-38.0755216!4d142.8100364

26 minutes ago, Peter Harrop said:

I will be punting where

1) I know the horses form (ie not Flemington)

2) I think I can get value

I'm not personally bothered by the stakemoney.

You're the perfect customer then Peter because the longevity, and in fact the survival, of NZ racing under the current regime is contingent on customers with low expectations who'll expect and tolerate third world quality product to sate their ( presumably ) addictive habit of punting.

Should I add that you're in the minority ? because I suspect you are, and since the arrival of the Internet the learned and enlightened amongst us have discovered a whole new world out there, with better value, better service, better information based data resources for punting, better betting options ....... don't you think about catching up though, you enjoy your black and white TV m, your $7,000 races from Jurassic Park, and NZ racing in its current form ...... we'll move on without you ....

Just out of interest since I mentioned Banks Pen earlier, and to show how far we have come in 30 years. Back in 1986 the maidens at Banks Pen raced for $7,000, the rating 65 equivalent $8,000, the Cup for $13,000, 3yos $15,000 (and the winner went on to be beaten fav in the 2,000 Guineas) and the open sprint $12,000. And the on course turnover was $242,718. 

Interestingly, basic stakes at Riccarton the following week were only $7,000 or $7,500, the 1,000 Guineas was $100,000, Pegasus $12,000, Churchill Stks, now the Couplands, $20,000, NZ Cup $150,000.

We seem to have lost our way somewhat over the years.