RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Oamaru barrier staff

11 hours ago, Snake said:

At the end of the day its not there job to educate them on raceday i know i didnt look pretty but put the shoe on the other foot if you get the same horse come to the start and do the same thing every time it becomes very frustrating for the staff when they always are being critisized for being overtime when the have to deal with horses like this

I agree it is not your job to educate these horses. Unfortunately a lot of them are  not properly educated at weaning when they are easier to handle. They are NOT taught to tie

up, have their feet picked up nor taught to lead properly at weaning. There lies your problem.

But this is what barrier staff have to deal with in a professional manner.

I actually don't agree with you. Everything in horses is an education because they are animals doing something we are making them do. I have seen many a good group one winner who needs special needs care to get them into the barriers. It's your job to work out how to get them in. That fact that you reacted the way you did (and by your own admission you did handle things inappropriately) shows you may not be suited for the job.

Most barrier attendants know what to do. You sir, do not, so give up.