RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
zelda kratchanova 2

melbourne cup

After Grand Marshals run on Saturday hes figuring in my multis can run the distance having won the Sydney cup 2015 was a good win and the Waller factor. 21 on fixed odds and 6 on finishing first four

Take a look at Secret Number. From the Godolphin team, trained by Bin Suroor - he won a listed event before flying to Oz last year and finishing 2nd to Dandino in the Queens Cup over 2600m on the final day.

This year, he's won another listed event on the same day, and has quietly eased into the Cup field on the minimum.

He's a Group 3 winner, and was placed in the UAE Derby

They had their 'sighter' last year, they know how he travelled and what sort of work he needs to be at peak - I reckon this is the blow-out trifecta horse.

Early days yet. Factors to consider are : Jockey (has he/she got patience?); Track (looks like it may be a wet Tuesday); 3200m (Can they run it?); Best lead up form (Caul Cup and Turnbull, Geelong Cup, Lexus and Bart Cummings are all best local leads - especially Caul Cup); Trainer (can he train stayers). Run to the turn out of the straight (who can get a position tucked in and put their horse to sleep?). Who can have their horse in clear running at the 300m peg ( just ask Michelle Payne and the rider of Max Dynamite last year how crucial that is !). There you go! Now have a pick and even after considering all that, if it's dead to slow, then Gallante may do an Efficient. Shitty lead up run (track gallop?) then come out and win. Gallante - breeding, form over 3200m (Sydney Cup win in wet), likes stiing out of the ground, owned by a Melb Cup sickie (LW), trained for one year specifically for one race (MC) and will have a very good jockey on board. If you don't like him then try whatever Keiran McEvoy rides - he's the best rider of stayers in the world !

Sound advice Trump, personally I like to have a core of selections, including those that I've followed from the previous year's carnival and then make my decision after the Saturday.

I agree the barrier draw can change things markedly, as can obviously the weather. The forecast is for a few showers and a cold breeze, but I don't think it'll be enough to significantly impact the track. Even the best jockeys can have a brain fade in this race - but the best will do it less often.

Dependant on the draw, one to watch is Curren Mirotic. Take a look at the last two Tenno Sho's - he's placed in both (should have won this year!), but he's had a charmed run behind the leader in both races, he might do it again if he draws 7 or better.

You have to love this race!

Couldn't agree more Pogo. Used to love it. Fav day of the year. Now don't give a toss. Used to be a race for all comers. ie Snowy L. Now it's just for elitest dross  . Fair 

dinkum  . Billionaire Arab twenty year olds love it. As for the Golden sock  leave me out  . Never dream of going and having room to even breath out  . Getting into a dunny you have more chance of backing a 100/1 shot