RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

A challenge to the breeding theorists

Was Tavistock a bit of  a one season wonder?

Doesn't seem to be a helluva a lot of new promising horses by this sire and may be living off the deeds of last seasons good stock? Didn't appear to be heavily in demand at the sales either.

Guest 2Admin2
38 minutes ago, Huey said:

Doesn't seem to be a helluva a lot of new promising horses by this sire and may be living off the deeds of last seasons good stock? Didn't appear to be heavily in demand at the sales either.

Current season stats don't look too bad - currently 3rd on the list - 

Sire Horses Starts Wnrs Won Plc List Wnrs List Won Stake
Savabeel (AUS) 104 480 50 72 113 9 15 $2,480,835
Darci Brahma 110 497 46 58 115 0 0 $1,115,525
Tavistock 71 292 28 43 60 2 3 $1,044,317
Pins (AUS) 92 376 30 41 81 4 5 $922,998
Iffraaj (GB) 106 406 30 39 73 5 5 $813,972
Alamosa 80 379 32 42 77 1 1 $751,212

43 minutes ago, Huey said:

In all fairness I don't think it will be easy to replicate 3 derby winners in one year!

He has had a quieter year in terms of "new" younger horses this season but still has had Volkstock'n'Barrell winning a G1, Werther winning a G1, Hasselhoof being G1 placed, Harlow Gold placing in a VRC Oaks and could be a G1 winner in waiting, Nymph Monte a Listed winner and several other stakes performers and is currently sitting 3rd in the NZ sires table with over 1million in prize money.

All this has been done from lower numbers and quality of mares served compared to what he has served in last few seasons.

Look up the quality of the 191 mares he served last spring, simply outstanding so plenty to come in the future and he gets every chance to cement himself as a really top class stallion.

The one thing he is missing is a top quality Group winning filly/mare, this is the box he needs to tick for me.

28 minutes ago, Catalano said:

What other speedy sons of Montjeu are there standing in NZ? Guillotine, probably next best, but obviously gone to Mongolia...

Pour Moi is not particularly speedy but is a son of Montjeu , Gallant Guru and Mettre En Jeu are in the same boat 

On 10/24/2016 at 5:02 PM, Swynford said:

I don't think you have seen many pedigrees at all Berri 

You said Berri that you have seen many pedigrees similar to the pedigree of Winx.  I'm just wondering what system you use to look at these extended pedigrees, you never did state what system you use.

Given that Success Express mares only make up .001% of the mare population I'm not sure how you would have seen many pedigrees like hers. Street Cry only served ONE Al Akbar mare.

When I see (extended pedigrees)  like the one below I think 'my theory'  IS RIGHT ON THE BUTTON

Winner of 4 from 6 and according to trainer "a very smart horse"

eshtiraak.jpg.932f4baea67e39f30f5828e5bdb2c575.jpg 

I think the out come of any mating probably has far more to do with the mare being served.