RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pogo(aus)

sacred elixir

1 hour ago, Trump said:

He was given no chance Belinda. He finished full of running, easily beating the rest, even after being ridden in a panic from the 600 to the 400 - getting buffeted, knocked, put off stride, etc and leaving himself a sitting duck. A shocking ride and I'd be surprised if you ever saw him on the horse again. No patience whatsoever.

Agree Trumpy. Heard Tony Pike today saying they were disappointed that he went too soon and if he had been held up for longer the result might have been different. Purton thought he might get carried back by slow ones coming to the turn so made the decision to go when Swear moved. Hitting the front soon after straightening left him very exposed to the cosy run behind horse.

Having said that Prized Icon was impressive late and the win looked comfortable. So Si Bon is the one to follow. Hughie was very impressed with him but said he has some maturing to do. Look out next year.

4 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Agree Trumpy. Heard Tony Pike today saying they were disappointed that he went too soon and if he had been held up for longer the result might have been different. Purton thought he might get carried back by slow ones coming to the turn so made the decision to go when Swear moved. Hitting the front soon after straightening left him very exposed to the cosy run behind horse.

Having said that Prized Icon was impressive late and the win looked comfortable. So Si Bon is the one to follow. Hughie was very impressed with him but said he has some maturing to do. Look out next year.

Looking at the replay this morning there were a few that stopped quite quick and i think Zac might have been right that it may have got carried back.I suppose we will never know but still think 2nd would have been its lot anyway.

Was there on the day. 

I agree with the above. Everyone is an expert of course, and noting Tony is astute and gave connections a grand run through to the derby, and noting my comments are in hindsight .... however  I think he should have bypassed the full Guineas prep and keep his legs with the sprint needed to win the derby. One run too many is my hindsight view as it looked more like a Melb cup run...and slightly dour.

if I could train I wouldn't be working for a living 

6 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Agree. Piss poor ride by Purton!! :angry: 

Come to think of it, Sacred Elixir is the second Kiwi horse he has slaughtered in the past two weeks. The other was the shocker on Shillelagh. :o  

Moreira on Shillelagh on Tuesday. ;)

13 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Come to think of it, Sacred Elixir is the second Kiwi horse he has slaughtered in the past two weeks. The other was the shocker on Shillelagh. :o  

Moreira on Shillelagh on Tuesday. ;)

Interesting, the Te Akau newsletter refers to her being 'severely interfered with' last start. I must have missed that. To me it looked like poor riding or at least a piss-poor decision going for a gap that simply wasn't there. Either way the horse deserves some compensation I reckon.

I see on twitter this morning Tony Pike  admitted that the ride may not have been that bad,said that  after watching replays thinks the horse was overacing from the thousand and maybe coming out wasn't such a bad decision.He also said winner won to well for any excuses.