RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Mediocrity

It might be small but its symptomatic of the mind set....,

on Trackside this morning ....a story on David Peake....various pictures with captions below explaining who David was pictured with..,. problem was the captions contained the following content .....

"I and the kids"

"Nigel, Lester  and I"

"The Queen, Ray Verner and I"

Get your acts together and get someone who has at least a modicum of knowledge of the English language or "me" will keep "critosizing" you

I'd have thought they should bin those tired old docos they're recycling and loop some good Australian based information driven shows such as Get On to enhance churn and provide those with an appetite for punting with some relevant and potentially useful information.

Mind you I'm old fashioned and I still believe in looking after your customers.

So I'm now sitting down to watch the First Call.

Unfortunately I've been over indulging in Australian based shows of late so I've been spoilt, and the comparison is cruel, but nonetheless I have an opinion so I'll express it.

TFC is fucking boring. The set is boring, the whole thing lacks luminosity, the graphics and lighting are really tired, the director of the show is useless, as is the producer, and whilst the presenters do their best you'd have to say Stu needs to be retired ( I'm sick of hearing useless trivialities dragged up from years ago that seem to be a tool to compensate for his banal style and lack of sparkle ).

DA might be better used elsewhere too, nothing personal but he's just too dry for an entertainment and information based show.

AR is ok but he's better when he has someone to challenge him, not sure who that'd be because Steve Davis is just too OTT and his judgement is diabolical.

Someone like George Simon maybe, when he's not commentating, he's got a bit of charisma, plenty of it actually, he'd be perfect actually given that he's a natural joke maker with a coruscating personality.

We must have a Dufficy out there somewhere in NZ, or another George, that's what we need, and soon otherwise I'm going to fall asleep watching this mind numbing tripe.

On 10/22/2016 at 7:34 AM, Berri said:

It might be small but its symptomatic of the mind set....,

on Trackside this morning ....a story on David Peake....various pictures with captions below explaining who David was pictured with..,. problem was the captions contained the following content .....

"I and the kids"

"Nigel, Lester  and I"

"The Queen, Ray Verner and I"

Get your acts together and get someone who has at least a modicum of knowledge of the English language or "me" will keep "critosizing" you

Berri - I blame the education system - it is the way kids are teached ;)

On 10/22/2016 at 11:23 AM, Midget said:

So I'm now sitting down to watch the First Call.

Unfortunately I've been over indulging in Australian based shows of late so I've been spoilt, and the comparison is cruel, but nonetheless I have an opinion so I'll express it.

TFC is fucking boring. The set is boring, the whole thing lacks luminosity, the graphics and lighting are really tired, the director of the show is useless, as is the producer, and whilst the presenters do their best you'd have to say Stu needs to be retired ( I'm sick of hearing useless trivialities dragged up from years ago that seem to be a tool to compensate for his banal style and lack of sparkle ).

DA might be better used elsewhere too, nothing personal but he's just too dry for an entertainment and information based show.

AR is ok but he's better when he has someone to challenge him, not sure who that'd be because Steve Davis is just too OTT and his judgement is diabolical.

Someone like George Simon maybe, when he's not commentating, he's got a bit of charisma, plenty of it actually, he'd be perfect actually given that he's a natural joke maker with a coruscating personality.

We must have a Dufficy out there somewhere in NZ, or another George, that's what we need, and soon otherwise I'm going to fall asleep watching this mind numbing tripe.

Simple answer to that Midget, there are some pretty savvy and enthusiastic people out there, cafers, and others that could pull an internet racing show together and challenge TFC. It is all the rage over in OZ, and many of the people that started out on these shows, have been head hunted by the serious networks. Of course you would need to get together at a set time every week so living in AKL or the Waikato would probably be mandatory. Small steps, but that's how change comes about, talk the talk, walk the walk, I'd tune in, so would most cafers I'm guessing, and when word gets around, plus Youtube and social media, it wont be long before Trackside get the wind up, that's wind as in Zephyr..........your thoughts?

I doubt you'd be able to make it work, things like accessing video footage, intellectual property, getting a studio, camera crew etc....and why would you anyway ?

All the current show needs is a bit of work, a new set, better graphics, a decent director, and some fresh blood who'd hopefully bring some new ideas and a bit of wit, charisma, humour, and knowledge.

Get that Paul Shailer back, he was good and had a rapier style.

They should be doing a Thursday or Friday night show too, this is after all about growing the business and increasing churn so information based preview shows should be a priority rather than the dreadful Weigh In tripe they roll out Monday's, presumably as some sort of punishment.

I know a bird named Julie Christie, I think she's mates with John Allen, she's got quite a good record in the TV industry, they should pay her to sort it out, she'd kick the slugs and the imposters into touch in a flash and turn the channel into something watchable.

"Know a bird..?" Aren't you related ?? Brian Molloy is her brother and Michael is an Eyeworks Director ?

Isn't she the one responsible for The Block, Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars ??

Reality TV...just what we need.  Agree about TFC though, about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Compare that to Thorougbred Weekly, Formline or Get On......Night and Day.