RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Racing84

Tiger Thompson

There's no totally fair and just outcome but KS was entitled to the run and wasn't able to take it because of TT.  In my view KS shouldn't have to prove it would have beaten TT, but just that it would have finished in a better placing if TT hadn't breached the rules.

I think they got it right but surprised it took so long.

57 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I thought horses couldn't be disqualified from a race because you can wipe out horses at the start and during the running and still win the race!

Why would Tiger Thompson be relegated to 4th when More the Better was struggling and no chance to beat it? 

TT was relegated behind the horse he caused interference to. That was King Solomon.

I backed the horse..and had no idea there was an enquiry until i put my next bet on and the money wasn't in the account.Yea King Solomon may not have beaten Tiger Thompson..but i guess the fact he went down into the lane when he wasn't meant too..probably made the decison a no brainer.Yes the div from the winner was nice...but rules are rules i guess,so i won't go into a rant...as they say..that's racing.

Right decision. Even tho he has to prove he would've beaten the leader home what often doesnt get taken into account is how much momentum or ground the leader would've lost had he been restrained and  straightened which  he shouldve been rather than just been continued to be driven out. Often its only looked  at how the interfered horse was finding the line with and interupted run . Jimmy copped a suspension which  fair enough as he was the one the one in control . 

The interesting thing is though that Precious Moment ( formerly with Murray Edmonds) at Cambridge got disqualified for running inside the pylons for most of the way up the home  straight

Robert Argue was saluting about 50 metres out thinking he had won.

No stage did he even try and get back outside the pylons!

Not sure why these enquiries take so long every Time?

Surely, harness racing have rules that should be enforced, irrespective of who you are?

Feel abit sorry for the owners who celebrated when their good horse was first past the post, Tiger Thompson wasthe best horse on the night.

Their turn will come again and it is always great to see smaller owners win bigger races rather than the normal state of play which gets pretty tedious.

4 hours ago, hsvman said:

Cambridge one was a shocker Especailly as there was no attempt to move away from the markers even tho there was more than enough room to. 

Classic example of should never celebrate before the post!

Absolute disgrace. Should have got a month at least.

punters screwed

so unprofessional it was beyond belief.

hiw are we supposed to attract punters to boost the industry when we have that shit going on. 2 days what a joke............ Probably only missed one drive.

yet punters loose there hard earned

18 minutes ago, Alittlebitofknowledge said:

Absolute disgrace. Should have got a month at least.

punters screwed

so unprofessional it was beyond belief.

hiw are we supposed to attract punters to boost the industry when we have that shit going on. 2 days what a joke............ Probably only missed one drive.

yet punters loose there hard earned

Agreed it was very unprofessional.

How do we attract new punters?

Firstly, I would suggest that the TAB should want to retain its existing base, and not be pissing them off by their current methods.

Secondly, they need to encourage people to punt by making the divs. more attractive.

Last night Ultimate Machete paid $1 and $1 FFS.

Too many tote divs. nowadays are not worth collecting, and yes I firmly believe they are being manipulated so that the payouts to punters are less than they used to be.

No I don't bet tote, but I have sympathy for the tote betters nowadays.

Very hard to make a profit nowadays with TABs business methods!

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

Firstly, I would suggest that the TAB should want to retain its existing base, and not be pissing them off by their current methods.

Secondly, they need to encourage people to punt by making the divs. more attractive.

Too many tote divs. nowadays are not worth collecting, and yes I firmly believe they are being manipulated so that the payouts to punters are less than they used to be.

what do you think Ultimate Machete should have paid to make the divs more attractive Brodie?

Of course Ultimate Machete was almost a certainty.

However, if punters knew that they were only going to get their money back for both win and place, for backing a winner would they have bothered to back it?

The answer is probably definitely not, and so this situation is not terribly attractive to existing punters nor likely to attract future punters.

Think the Bookies had the fixed odds at $1.14 and $1.01 which also is no good whatsoever to attract new punters.

With Cup Day approaching and the numerous shorties that are going to win, generally will ensure that the newbies oncourse will probably not see any value with punting in the future apart from the following years Cup.

As I have  previously stated, I can't for the life of me understand why the heck the TAB Bookies put out fixed odds that have a win div. of 1.14 as surely it stifles betting?

Maybe wrong but are there any punters that are prepared to back horses at such microscopic odds?

5 minutes ago, Brodie said:

However, if punters knew that they were only going to get their money back for both win and place, for backing a winner would they have bothered to back it?

The answer is probably definitely not, and so this situation is not terribly attractive to existing punters nor likely to attract future punters.

Think the Bookies had the fixed odds at $1.14 and $1.01 which also is no good whatsoever to attract new punters.

With Cup Day approaching and the numerous shorties that are going to win, generally will ensure that the newbies oncourse will probably not see any value with punting in the future apart from the following years Cup.

As I have  previously stated, I can't for the life of me understand why the heck the TAB Bookies put out fixed odds that have a win div. of 1.14 as surely it stifles betting?

Maybe wrong but are there any punters that are prepared to back horses at such microscopic odds?

Ok but still have not answered the question what should the dividend have been on Ultimate Machete in your opinion to be attractive to new punters?

6 minutes ago, GoHarness said:

Ok but still have not answered the question what should the dividend have been on Ultimate Machete in your opinion to be attractive to new punters?

If you are talking tote divs. then you would want to get more than your money back or why would they bother?

On the Fixed Odds I think the Bookies should have taken it out of the betting!

I agree with the Precious Moment comments, it cost me a decent collect, and it was pure incompetence on the part of the driver, Robert Argue was lucky to get away so lightly with his suspension, at least Jimmy Curtins wasn't deliberate. I never had another bet after that race, I also can't believe he was waving his whip in the air as they crossed the line, surely he must have known he was in big trouble.

19 hours ago, Brodie said:

Brodie I nearly always agree with you but please, for your own sanity and self respect try to realise the tote system is not being manipulated and it's just a calculation of bets on each runner.

15 hours ago, Brodie said:

Apparently they haven't had a lot of turnover on their "favourites out" markets. But I can't see why they can't do one of each.

Obviously a lot of people still run these sorts of horses through multis

14 hours ago, Brodie said:

If you are talking tote divs. then you would want to get more than your money back or why would they bother?

On the Fixed Odds I think the Bookies should have taken it out of the betting!

If you want to talk about turnover and too many very short favourites I think this is more a handicapping issue than anything else

12 hours ago, sheldon said:

Just to deviate from the topic slightly , Ultimate Machete looks like he could be at the top of the 3 yr old tree by the seasons end , he was super impressive last night and looks to have a lot of scope. 

Agreed. think king solomom will be in the top 3 by season end as well. Think can win a big one now ,but would need to  be  driven with one run at them from a inside draw, but by time derbies come around he will be mixing it with the top 3 where ever he draws .

1 hour ago, Sickopunter said:

Brodie I nearly always agree with you but please, for your own sanity and self respect try to realise the tote system is not being manipulated and it's just a calculation of bets on each runner.

Not too worried about sanity and still respect myself.

Fair enough if tote not being manipulated if that is what people think, then that is great.

Maybe then too much of a deduction is being taken out of the pools?

What I do know is that there are far more smaller tote dividends being paid out nowadays.

Maybe it is just that there isn't enough in the pools to be able to pay larger divs.

When there are so many races where all place dividends pay under the $2 mark I question why anyone is punting on the tote.

Perhaps there are a lot of people just betting for the sheer hell of it, rather than to make money?