RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

Thank god for Hartnell!...........

2 minutes ago, The Crucible said:

That's not what I read:

"Winx is gone.....didn't you see her last run ? She's either trained off, having a bad day ( females do that in spring ) or she's had a gutsful of running through pain."

"Watch what Waller says pre race this week, listen very carefully and if or when he starts to talk in riddles and prepares all you blind mastubators for the inevitable let down....then best you run a mile.....and don't stop running because based on her last run the show is over."

"Because we know, and maybe we see things you don't ( and can't )"

But hey don't let what was said get in the way of your recollection of what was said.

Top stuff, was certain i had read it somewhere....

On 10/23/2016 at 5:14 AM, The Crucible said:

That's not what I read:

"Winx is gone.....didn't you see her last run ? She's either trained off, having a bad day ( females do that in spring ) or she's had a gutsful of running through pain."

"Watch what Waller says pre race this week, listen very carefully and if or when he starts to talk in riddles and prepares all you blind mastubators for the inevitable let down....then best you run a mile.....and don't stop running because based on her last run the show is over."

"Because we know, and maybe we see things you don't ( and can't )"

But hey don't let what was said get in the way of your recollection of what was said.

Don't worry boys, I'm sure short stuff has a perfectly logical explanation. ;)

Happy Sunday everyone. :)

Be alot less fun if there was a minimum height requirement for this forum. Could there have been spunk on his screen?? Could that be the reason for the incredible lapse of judgement?? After seeing what the wonderful mare did yesterday im inclined to show mercy. Just be glad he spends most of his time on here lads..... its a break for someone else :-)

1 hour ago, CT said:

Don't worry boys, I'm sure short stuff has a perfectly logical explanation. ;)

Just imagine if I had said what he had said??? He would be having an absolute field day. :lol:

Fortunately for us, he no longer has the admin rights for this site, so he can't manipulate the truth. :ph34r:

Don't ya just love seeing a midget squirm??? :lol:

Happy Sunday everyone. :)

Have you got it in your hand again Tommo or has Gerald popped around ?

Ok my little team of train spotters.

Here's my recollection of what was said and why.

The race in question was 17 September, it was the George Main ?

She'd missed a race earlier that month because Waller said it was too wet.

He'd earlier said she run five times leading into the Cox so this raised a few eyebrows.

In the George Main she received 2kg from Hauraki, she was driven out, she changed legs twice in the straight, and she won by 1.3 lengths.

Yesterday she beat Hauraki on identical terms by 15 lengths.

So the question is this, did she run to her best in the George Main ?

I say no, and Hughie was guarded in his post race summary too.

Did the fact she hadn't raced for a month affect her ? probably.

Was she under done ?, probably.

Had they had a problem with her ? well she'd had surgery but who really knows.

Is she inferior right handed ? a lot of good judges think she's better left handed so maybe.

Is she a champion, absolutely, but she wasn't on George Main day.

Now pick over that you train spotting fuckers, then go and search Cafe for the last ten years and find every mistake I've made or everything I've said that was incorrect.

20 minutes ago, Midget said:

Who won that race? 

Oh yes WINX! 

Of all people Midget, of "Because We Know" fame, who went to school twice and should know more than us, you would know horses are not machines and have off days as we all do. Only champions win on off days. WINX was a champion on George Main day and will always be a champion. She has now exceed Black Caviars stakes and according to renowned trainer Leon Corsteins who has seen a few horses in his time WINX is the best he has seen and can only be compared to Tulloch in the manner of her wins. 

Please embrace her Midget and stop letting this destroy you. You will then be a happier person just like your school days. 

35 minutes ago, Midget said:

He'd earlier said she run five times leading into the Cox so this raised a few eyebrows.

In the George Main she received 2kg from Hauraki, she was driven out, she changed legs twice in the straight, and she won by 1.3 lengths.

Is she inferior right handed ? a lot of good judges think she's better left handed so maybe.

Now pick over that you train spotting fuckers, then go and search Cafe for the last ten years and find every mistake I've made or everything I've said that was incorrect.

Settle down tinie tempah, A simple I was wrong was all that was required. Lets all just be happy that Chris Wallers name is in the book as trainer as if it was midgets based on his summary of her george main run the whole prep would have been called off.

21 minutes ago, MiDeBo Racing said:

Settle down tinie tempah, A simple I was wrong was all that was required. Lets all just be happy that Chris Wallers name is in the book as trainer as if it was midgets based on his summary of her george main run the whole prep would have been called off.

Exactly. At least Leigh was a big enough person to admit he got it wrong regarding her. ;)

Short stuff would never do that even when presented with black and white evidence of what he wrote! :lol:

"based on the last run the show is over" :lol: :lol:

You can see why short stuff is a Donald Trump supporter. :lol: :lol:

A bad bad loser indeed. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Midget said:

funniest paste ever, n0? :blink:

Everyone gets things wrong from time to time, admittedly you were probably the only gnome in all of Australasia to say the Winx show was over but then again some bloke once said Kingston Town couldn't win but look what happened. I do appreciate though that things most blokes would take on the chin may go straight over your head. Do try at least  every now and again to admit when you may have been wrong

Here's the facts without the "short stuff spin"

Short stuff comes out and boldly declares Winx has "trained off, having a bad day or she's had a gutsful running through pain".

He then went on to say "best you run a mile and don't stop running because based on her last run the show is over."

I then called him out on his bold declaration and offered him an even money bet for a couple of grand and the flea ran a mile and started talking up the chances of the import in the race.

Winx comes out and bolts in hard held by 8 lengths (lucky I found a bookie game enough to offer $1.90) and short stuff tries to make up some nonsense story that he never doubted the great mare.

Take of that what you will but those are the facts. :lol:

He's a sore loser. Just ask him about Weekend Hussler. :D

10 minutes ago, Trump said:

Nice 1900/1000 CT ! Congrats. I prefer to go for wider bigger pickings, using certainties as a multiplier. See the attached. :)image.jpg

Boy, Sacred Elixir has certainly been good to you Trumpy...aren't you glad you read Racecafe....?? ;)

Following up next week in the Derby, or can So Si Bon beat him....??

I don't think SSB can beat SE in the Derby, but both were very strong over the 2040 at the Valley. If SE was mine, I wouldn't start him in the Derby. This Nov race stuffs them. I'd rather he went to Sydney in April as a fully matured 3yo, then returned to the Valley for the 2017 Cox Plate. I'm really pleased with my Nurse Kitchen. I backed her at Caulfield when Nolan nearly destroyed her with a near fall at the 250 when full of running. I tipped her as a certainty to a few mates and backed her at $41 on Ladbrokes boosted odds earlier on. I have her at $26 into SE in the Derby at $8 into 5 good ones in the MC at "JUICY " multis ! Don't you just love the Spring carnival? :)

Stirring story behind stunning Moonee Valley winner

If Saturday’s ultra impressive Moonee Valley winner Nurse Kitchen is even half as tough as her mum Flying Monty then the Savabeel filly is in for one hell of a career.

A remarkable back story has emerged after the Peter Moody bred filly, who races in his wife Sarah’s name, surged to victory in Saturday’s Gr. 2 PW Glass Fillies Classic. Although owned and raced in Australia the filly is a New Zealand product having started life here courtesy of the care and dedication of the staff at Waikato Stud who saved her dam Flying Monty when she experienced difficulty during a foaling back in 2012.

Flying%20Monty%20with%20Nurse%20Kitchen%
Flying Monty and Nurse Kitchen 
Photo: Angelique Bridson

Waikato Stud’s Mark Chittick takes up the story from there.

“Peter had sent us Flying Monty in foal to Reward For Effort back in 2012 with the thought of her going to one of our stallions after she had foaled down,” he explained.

“She was an early mare and started foaling late one Friday night in August. I think it was around midnight and things went okay to start with but it started to drag on and we found she had a real problem. It was basically a foaling known as a “dogsitter” where the foal’s back legs are facing forward and not backwards.

“We managed to finally get the foal out after about 90 minutes but it wasn’t in good shape and our vet found that the mare couldn’t get herself up as she had a form of paralysis associated with her sciatic nerve.”

By this stage it was closer to 5am on Saturday and Chittick and vet Fauna Smith knew if they couldn’t get the mare up there would be no chance she could be saved.

“I rang one of my mates at J Swap Contracting and within 30 minutes he was around with a Hiab Loader which we could get a makeshift sling attached to.

“We got it in position and managed to get her up.”

At that stage Chittick rang Moody and told him to hope for the best but expect the worst for the stricken mare.

“I think I rang Peter at around 7am and when he rang me back at 10am things had started to get a little better,” he said.

“By noon the mare was improving and by around 2:30pm she had started to show enough movement that we started to breathe a little easier.

“Actually seeing her being able to move under her own steam was a very emotional moment for us all and one I won’t forget.”

Over the next 24 hours the mare was constantly monitored by Stud staff, most who had been there throughout the entire episode including those who had the day off and by Sunday Flying Monty was well on the way to recovery.

“She still had problems getting up so she and I worked an arrangement where when I saw her go down we would let her rest then I would take a large bale of hay on the front end loader and rest it up against her when she was ready to get up,” said Chittick.

“She would start to rise and I would wedge the bale against her to give her leverage. After about two days she could do it on her own and just went from strength to strength.”

After a further eight weeks of recuperation the mare was fit and healthy enough to be served by Savabeel with the resulting filly foal becoming Nurse Kitchen.

“Some people asked us why we would even contemplate serving the mare after that trauma,” noted Chittick.

“We had her fully checked and all the signs were very positive so we went ahead and look at how that has turned out.

“Moods has always said I should have a bronze statue of him at our place given his success with horses that we have bred but I think I will be telling him now he’d better get one of us for his place after that result!”– NZ Racing Desk

7 minutes ago, Trump said:

I don't think SSB can beat SE in the Derby, but both were very strong over the 2040 at the Valley. If SE was mine, I wouldn't start him in the Derby. This Nov race stuffs them. I'd rather he went to Sydney in April as a fully matured 3yo, then returned to the Valley for the 2017 Cox Plate. I'm really pleased with my Nurse Kitchen. I backed her at Caulfield when Nolan nearly destroyed her with a near fall at the 250 when full of running. I tipped her as a certainty to a few mates and backed her at $41 on Ladbrokes boosted odds earlier on. I have her at $26 into SE in the Derby at $8 into 5 good ones in the MC at "JUICY " multis ! Don't you just love the Spring carnival? :)

Thanks for the tip.....:rolleyes:

49 minutes ago, Trump said:

Nice 1900/1000 CT ! Congrats. I prefer to go for wider bigger pickings, using certainties as a multiplier. See the attached. :)image.jpg

Very nice Ernie! You're pretty savvy with these multis. B)

I'm assuming judging by these UBet tickets you weren't on course yesterday?

Not ideal golfing weather this weekend :D