RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Are females keeping the Junior ranks alive?

I am Bruce Ewins daughter and i remember driving Rio Comand in one of the first Eyelure Derby's which was a race for women once a year at Alexander Park - i remember Ann Cooney, Uno Anso, Diane Cole (I think that was her name) and that was all i remember - I was very blessed to have been exposed to such wonderness at a young age I was only 16 years old so that would have been in 1974 - i dont remember Sally Fenning but in the later years i grew to know Sally as one of dads friends from trotting - she is down to earth and was a wonderful friend to my dad - would anyone know where Diane Cole is now - she used to work for Alan (Dusty) Dunsmuir

We're trying to hire a stablehand / trackworker or two in Western Australia and have been for months. Stable is firing - we finished 6th or 7th in the state last season, we've got a bunch of fantastic horses coming through, we pay well but do you think we can find anyone? It's absolutely impossible to find reliable staff full stop. :( The death of the industry will be the lack of knowledge coming through. We're not prepared to risk our horses with inexperienced people, but the quantity of experienced horsepeople is so low - female or not. (Anyone have a NZ site or FP page we can put our ad on?)