RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mattski

Melbourne Cup Q's

1. Will Jameka run the 2 miles out? Tough horse to run well in the VRC Oaks, AJC Oaks and Derby and then go to a new level at 4!

2. Is Vengeur Masque a smokey place chance? Hit the line well on Sat and by Monsun. But as he's not qualified I guess he'd have to win the Mooney Valley Cup or Lexus to get a run??

Food for thought.

Jameka will probably get a 2kg weight penalty for the Melbourne Cup following The Caulfield Cup win?

That would mean she will carry 54kgs in the Cup. Only one mare has won with more weight, Makybe Diva, she carried 55.5kgs and then 58kgs in her third win. The next best being Empire Rose in 1988 when she carried 53.5kgs to win.

Zelda will be hoping that history is against the mare. :)

If she goes up 2kg Ted she will be very close to Hartnell, who beat her easily previous start.

Can you see her turning that around ?

Then the weights may go up to make a 58kg topweight, so she will have around 55kg....leave me out if that happens.

Caulfield Cup winner Jameka has been given a 1.5kg penalty in the Melbourne Cup by for her victory in Saturday's Group One race over 2,400m.

The Ciaron Maher-trained four-year-old mare will have to defy history to win the $6.2 million Melbourne Cup at Flemington after she was re-handicapped following her three-length win over Godolphin's Scottish at Caulfield.

The win handed Jameka an exemption from the ballot for the 3,200m classic.

If successful, she would break the record for a four-year-old mare, held by the Bart Cummings-trained Light Fingers, who won the Melbourne Cup in 1965 carrying 52.5kg.

Ethereal, trained by Sheila Laxon, was the last horse to win the Caulfield Cup - Melbourne Cup double in 2001. She carried 52kg to victory after receiving a 2kg penalty for her win at Caulfield.

Sorry Ohokaman thank you.

Will be a record for a 4yo mare and if she did win the Cup she will have carried the third top weight of any mare with Makybe Diva having carried 55.5kgs and 58kgs respectively in 2004 & 2005.  

14 minutes ago, Catalano said:

Almandin, thrown in at 51kg? Beat Protectionist at level weights a while back in Germany, won his last two - some times you can overthink it.

Williams might have a big say this year Cat.....Bondi Beach, The US...Gallante is well in too..

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:19 AM, trakdap said:

Exospheric looks the one to me.

He was the one I placed punted last time (CC), mainly because he was the only import to have run 2400.

3200 is a bit different.

Jameka won so well she has to be a place chance, but its a good field and I see a really good trifecta coming up.