RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
josh77

Breaking news

PREMIER Mike Baird will announce a reversal of his greyhound racing ban based on industry guarantees of an end to the slaughter of dogs and tough new penalties for animal cruelty.

Mr Baird is expected to make the announcement as early as tomorrow after a scheduled cabinet meeting, with the policy to require legislation including the overturning of the Greyhound Racing Prohibition Act, which parliament passed in August.

When the dust settles on this, Greyhound racing in nsw will be much better for it.   The proposed conditions that the greyhound alliance have agreed to meet are conditions that surely should have been in place anyway.  Lets hope nz follow suit.  Like it or not,those involved in greyhound racing should be congratulating the nsw government for cleaning up the industry and having the courage to make a change to there original decision based on the new assurances. In my opinion anyway.

1 hour ago, what a post said:

When the dust settles on this, Greyhound racing in nsw will be much better for it.   The proposed conditions that the greyhound alliance have agreed to meet are conditions that surely should have been in place anyway.  Lets hope nz follow suit.  Like it or not,those involved in greyhound racing should be congratulating the nsw government for cleaning up the industry and having the courage to make a change to there original decision based on the new assurances. In my opinion anyway.

Except all of these reforms were already anounced and had been planned to be put in place a month or two prior to the ban... that is just a cop out in the hopea that it makes baird and grant look like they have achieved something when really, they hadnt

19 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

Except all of these reforms were already anounced and had been planned to be put in place a month or two prior to the ban... that is just a cop out in the hopea that it makes baird and grant look like they have achieved something when really, they hadnt

seems you have completely forgotten none of these proposals were in place before the government initiated special commission of inquiry.  Whether you want to admit it or not,change was required and it took government intervention to achieve it.

6 minutes ago, what a post said:

seems you have completely forgotten none of these proposals were in place before the government initiated special commission of inquiry.  Whether you want to admit it or not,change was required and it took government intervention to achieve it.

Yes they were... they were being implemented when the ban was anounced which is why people were so surprised

2 hours ago, what a post said:

Anyone who has greyhound racing at heart anywhewre in the world would be loathe to congratualte any person or government that employed outright lies, stupid baises, and subterfuge to try and gain some ill gotten goal. If youthgink there is something noble about their actions you are in cookooland. If you want to feel something feel for the inncent people that have had to endure the labelling, the prospect of losing their income and assetts, their life's work and the mirth of the unworthy as we have seen already in NZ including from ourpartners in racing.

6 hours ago, GOM said:

Anyone who has greyhound racing at heart anywhewre in the world would be loathe to congratualte any person or government that employed outright lies, stupid baises, and subterfuge to try and gain some ill gotten goal. If youthgink there is something noble about their actions you are in cookooland. If you want to feel something feel for the inncent people that have had to endure the labelling, the prospect of losing their income and assetts, their life's work and the mirth of the unworthy as we have seen already in NZ including from ourpartners in racing.

No,not in cloud cuckoo land,although I did buy my mother a cuckoo clock one time. Ive followed the timeline relating to the issues.  You have completely missed the point. You seem to think with your heart and not your head, in my opinion. 

10 hours ago, what a post said:

No,not in cloud cuckoo land,although I did buy my mother a cuckoo clock one time. Ive followed the timeline relating to the issues.  You have completely missed the point. You seem to think with your heart and not your head, in my opinion. 

Can you tell me what baird has achieved out of all this? If anything... he slowed down the reform process and i know of several people whom were put on suicide watch due to this. And the pressure applied on baird thus far was miniscule to the shitstorm to come re the false accusations in the report. They are trying to save their own backsides with this decision and id say baird will not be around much longer. Hes already made himself look like a clumsy leader and we all know what happens in AUS when there is an incompetent leader in charge

2 hours ago, alltheway!!! said:

Can you tell me what baird has achieved out of all this? If anything... he slowed down the reform process and i know of several people whom were put on suicide watch due to this. And the pressure applied on baird thus far was miniscule to the shitstorm to come re the false accusations in the report. They are trying to save their own backsides with this decision and id say baird will not be around much longer. Hes already made himself look like a clumsy leader and we all know what happens in AUS when there is an incompetent leader in charge

Your blaming baird for people being put on suicide watch.     Come on get real and blame the real culprits. Those within the nsw industry who operated in ways which lead to the spotlight being shone on the industry.    Have you completely forgotten the live baiting, the mass graves, leadership telling participants to suppress evidence.etc  . They were not figments of imagination.              Relating this back to nz.  Are there currently rules in place relating to preventing the over breeding of greyhounds and making better use of those that are about. Is there rules in place which would lead to life bans for animal cruelty? Are there processes in place  whereby records are kept where they can follow the life cycle of each greyhound.?           When I look at nz greyhound fields I see no pathway races,no races which limit the field to number of wins, There is lots of 0 to 1 win or 1 win races in aussie Surely nsw are already using their dogs numbers better than in nz. 

Good to hear. Personally I do the majority of my betting on Australian dogs,on fields with limited number of wins and poorer form.  The reason is the form is so much easier to read because there is a greater difference in the ability of the dogs.  I actually have not seen any races in nz where the field is say open to only 1 win dogs, or non win dogs with no form,or dogs born after certain dates or whatever.   Take a dog like shes mustard.  this dog has been performing consistently ok ,but keeps ending up in fields where it is only a place chance.  In aussie it would have been able to race against similar class dogs,for lesser stakes,and be competitive after it had won a couple.  I also don't bother as much with nz as if a dog has raced in the last 7 days here,normally the video has not been updated on the website. 

10 hours ago, what a post said:

I also don't bother as much with nz as if a dog has raced in the last 7 days here,normally the video has not been updated on the website. 

It's very poor that they can't get this videos up quicker.  I has stopped me from betting on the New Zealand product, as well.  The lack of form updates days for Australian races is absolutely disgraceful.  Dogs have raced days ago and their runs aren't included in their form records.  The New Zealand TAB is providing false information to punters and taking money from them.  Show some integrity New Zealand TAB!

48 minutes ago, lad27 said:

WB

Just watched Paul Murray, Grant and Baird getting pats on the back for making right decision. Couldnt believe what i was watching.

It was bad bullshit ban in the first place.

Yep but give him credit he reversed it and apologised that's a brave person to do that in his persition I am not a fan of his at all but give credit when credit is due, he is still the top dog in NSW cheers WB:)

Sorry Eagle Eye but Mike Baird And Troy Grant Are piss weak ! Yes he did stand up and apologize, But he never mentioned using tax's to run a propaganda campaign against all the good people in the industry ? Never mentioned that a trainer took his own life due to the slander Mike Baird's spin doctors were printing. Never once openly admitted the report was flawed. The fact he's reversed this isn't motivated by anything other then to save Troy Grant and the coalition. which was treading water with two attempts to topple Grant. The upcoming By-Election in Orange NSW would have seen National lose this seat which would have spelt disaster,although there is still every chance Orange will still fall to either the Shooters Fishers Farmers Party or Labor. which will seal Grants Leadership.      

5 hours ago, josh77 said:

Sorry Eagle Eye but Mike Baird And Troy Grant Are piss weak ! Yes he did stand up and apologize, But he never mentioned using tax's to run a propaganda campaign against all the good people in the industry ? Never mentioned that a trainer took his own life due to the slander Mike Baird's spin doctors were printing. Never once openly admitted the report was flawed. The fact he's reversed this isn't motivated by anything other then to save Troy Grant and the coalition. which was treading water with two attempts to topple Grant. The upcoming By-Election in Orange NSW would have seen National lose this seat which would have spelt disaster,although there is still every chance Orange will still fall to either the Shooters Fishers Farmers Party or Labor. which will seal Grants Leadership.      

:)the nationals are gone in Orange I would say anyway, Grant is hated by to many people, Baird is treading on thin ice but he may just have saved himself cheers WB