RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gubellini

Makfi

Dubawi horse Makfi will not return to New Zealand after serving his book of mares at Westbury Stud this season. Quatar Bloodstock have sold him to the Japan Bloodline Breeders' Association.He will relocate to Japan at the end of this year.

Makfi didn't really hit the mark in the Northern Hemisphere so commercial decision to bail out now and get some capital back.

Has done ok in NZ, I really do believe Westbury had him overpriced especially early on which caused very small books early on which definitely affected chances of growing momentum.

Big blow to Westbury, lowers the quality of their stallions, will be hoping Reliable Man kicks some goals.

4 hours ago, Berri said:

Sold for 8m euros

Thoughts on that price Berri , you have as good a grasp as anyone on the current stallion market place and his record at stud so far.

As per the norm when a stallion doesn't return to NZ the progeny fire up.

Three runners by Makfi at Te Rapa yesterday. .

Bonneval wins the G2 Fillies Classic, Savile Row an unlucky and close second in the G1 Herbie Dyke Stakes and AJC Oaks winner Sofia Rosa puts an eye catching fresh up run in the NRM Sprint.

Yet they were hard to sell at the Yearling Sales. At the Select Sale [I have the figures in front of me] four sold at an average of $47,500 and six were passed. Hopefully those that were forced to keep them will end up with a top liner or two.

On the other side, Guy Mulcaster bought one for $6000. Guy doesn't normally buy anything under $60,000 and generally more like $600,000! That shows you how tough the market was even for good sires like Makfi. 

Whilst I think about it.....his oldest crop are 4yos therefore he has two had 3yo crops to race.

Bonneval has just become the NZB Filly of The Year following on from Sofia Rosa winning the title last year.