RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Transfer

Meeting News

Racing Te Aroha Transferred to Whangarei RC Wednesday 12 October

Due to extremely high recent rainfall and likelihood that this will be ongoing over the next week NZTR have taken the decision, in consultation with the New Zealand Trainers Association, to transfer the Te Aroha meeting on Wednesday 12 October to Whangarei.

The Te Aroha track is very heavy and there is considerable rain forecast. Given it would be very difficult to transfer the meeting closer to the date the decision has been taken early. The track at Ruakaka is likely to provide a considerably better surface than other Northern region tracks due to the ongoing wet conditions throughout the region.

NZTR would like to thank Racing Te Aroha, Whangarei RC and the NZTA for their cooperation and assistance.

Please note the races that were programmed for the Te Aroha meeting will remain unchanged for the Whangarei meeting with the 2YO race to be run over 900m as previously advised.

Completely mad. But that's what happens when there are virtually no decent tracks left in the country and you have a long term agenda to keep wasting money on stakes instead of fixing them alongside closing down the halfway decent alternatives.

Guest 2Admin2
3 minutes ago, Midget said:

Close down the mud and clay based tracks and invest in and develop the sand based alternatives.

Oh that's right, the decision makers can't tell the difference :) 

Transfer it to Foxton Leggy.

1 minute ago, Scotch Thistle said:

Second failed Te Aroha meeting in 2 months.  Abandoned (12 August) now relocated (12 October).  What odds a treble being completed on Breeders Stakes day? 

Nothing wrong at all with the track Scotch Thistle, other than being very heavy. The rain is still coming down as I write this.

With all the rain in the Waikato/Auckland area for at least the past month the tracks are very wet and very heavy. There is no let up in the near future either with further rain forecast for all of next week for the area. I am sure that there will be many trainers and owners happy for the opportunity to go north next Wednesday looking for reasonable footing for their spring horses. 

Good on Ruakaka for being able to accommodate.

Look forward to seeing you on course on November 23rd then ST. :) 

Meeting News

Cambridge Trials Cancelled Tuesday 11 October

The Cambridge trials scheduled for Tuesday 11 October have been cancelled due to continual rainfall in the Waikato region. If required, NZTR will look at opportunities to add an extra set of trials in the northern region over the coming weeks.

I am beside myself with amazement!

A few years back we (Reefton) wanted to shift our meeting to Greymouth 80 km (away with a weeks notice I might add).

No no no no no said the TAB - that would exceed our drivers permitted hours - we cannot possibly do that!(as an aside they were driving straight past to get to Kumara anyway but I guess I was missing the big picture)

Now they agree to allow Te Aroha to shift to Ruakaka 396km away.

Tis the eight wonder of the world!

10 minutes ago, puha said:

Do the Logan's really need another benifit day? What about Taupo as an option this then gives CD stables an option as well.

Fair comment given that Taupo is such a great surface.

I remember once they cancelled the trials at Avondale and NZTR went to the Trainers Assn, and the secretary and the Matamata representative on the TA decided to relocate to Te Teko without consulting the exec members.

At the time NZTR reported the relocation was done in conjunction with the TA, they didn't mention it was four hours further to Te Teko but hey, this is NZ racing, and they wonder why people are leaving in droves !!

17 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Cancel, and spoil my chance to host the Consensus cheer squad.

I hope not, but, golly gosh, we have had some rain here.  They might change the name of Hinuera to Haast.

What are you saying about Haast Mr Notts?

The sun is reported to be shining and the whitebait running in those parts of recent times(the track would be a good 3 at worst)

33 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

It's dark and absolutely pi##ing down here Tom. I'm thinking, perhaps I should build an Ark. 

Yes you have had your share rain this spring you Northern fellas

I know the feeling of continuous rain for weeks on end I can assure you but it is not doing a lot for NZ Racing

No wonder Te Akau have headed south! 

7 hours ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

I am beside myself with amazement!

A few years back we (Reefton) wanted to shift our meeting to Greymouth 80 km (away with a weeks notice I might add).

No no no no no said the TAB - that would exceed our drivers permitted hours - we cannot possibly do that!(as an aside they were driving straight past to get to Kumara anyway but I guess I was missing the big picture)

Now they agree to allow Te Aroha to shift to Ruakaka 396km away.

Tis the eight wonder of the world!

The difference being Te Aroha did not request the shift

11 hours ago, Scotch Thistle said:

Second failed Te Aroha meeting in 2 months.  Abandoned (12 August) now relocated (12 October).  What odds a treble being completed on Breeders Stakes day? 

If you read it NZTR and the Trainers Association decided to move the meeting. Bring on the Breeders stakes day where we have a huge crowd and a great meeting. Watch Matamata on Saturday that track has been raced on more this winter than Te Aroha not only will it be water logged because a inch last night and an inch tonight already and the track was a mess at the beginning of September.