RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Timaru Maiden

I am interested to see what they do with the Timaru maiden 1,200 when they finalise the fields today. 28 nominations and according to the meeting news no intention of splitting the field. The only race they may split is the rating 65 1,200m. This is a $7,000 industry meeting, isn't the idea of it to get horses through the grades? Surely if you were an owner and you got eliminated from a $7,000 race at Timaru you would say" f..k it, I'm off". There are few enough opportunities as it is in the South with the poor dates and programming.

Guest 2Admin2

Two $7k maiden races with 10 plus starters would return positive revenue to the industry.

Guest 2Admin2
54 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I see they actually decided to split it. Two fields of 12, despite stating only the rating 65 would be split. Shows some common sense.

The only thing worse than racing for $7,000 is being eliminated from a $7,000 race.

Well paying nomination fees and then having the race cancelled.