RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Happy Sunrise

NZ Cup Winner Prediction: Your Say

Time to front up and state who you think will win the cup and why.

I think Locharburn can stop the All Stars procession if he can step and get handy. My worry is the Purdon - Rasmussen quartet get to the front and turn it into a tame affair. The draw will be really important.

I want this race to be a gruelling 2 miles with a gut-busting last 200 metres so my money is on the toughest guy out there - Locharburn!

27 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Time to front up and state who you think will win the cup and why.

I think Locharburn can stop the All Stars procession if he can step and get handy. My worry is the Purdon - Rasmussen quartet get to the front and turn it into a tame affair. The draw will be really important.

I want this race to be a gruelling 2 miles with a gut-busting last 200 metres so my money is on the toughest guy out there - Locharburn!

Lazarus. Still.

1 minute ago, Sickopunter said:

Lazarus. Still.

Sickopunter, Did the brave TAB take your $50 000 on Lazarus at $2.70 or did they chicken out!

1 minute ago, Alittlebitofknowledge said:

il go as far to say lochaburn won't run in the first 3. 

What! They say a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing! I hope they are right!

17 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Sickopunter, Did the brave TAB take your $50 000 on Lazarus at $2.70 or did they chicken out!

What! They say a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing! I hope they are right!

I wouldn't take 2.7 in my nightmares (today). But nothing I would rather have if I had to choose one.

25 minutes ago, turny said:

Franco Nelson - tougher than most 

I'm sorry but that is a terrible comment

Northern derby, messenger, NZ cup 2 years ago. Has looked like the winner but couldn't tough it out

the only race he has ever done it tough in is the jewels at Cambridge but that was only a mile and they were a terrible bunch.

not bagging your selection but the comment after..... Please

has only ever won decent races over short distances or from soft trips

3 minutes ago, turny said:

Franco Nelson - tougher than most

More than happy to punt Franco - I see it differently than you ,- time will tell

Like I said I never bagged your selection. With his standing start  manners could possy up close to the speed get a soft trip and use his speed.

if he's so tough how come John is always looking for a trail/cover then.

tougher than most........ Give me a spell 

even ring John an ask him. Bet you he tells you the same thing

I'm a Have Faith In Me fan thru and thru.Yea he bounded away for a few strides a few weeks back from the tape,and he then ran on as best as he could for 4th.I'm hoping that he can begin a little better on Friday and show everyone how good he is.I'm still hoping he gets to the Cup but if he doesn't then it'll be due to his barrier manners.If he doesn't get there...then at this stage i don't really have a back up plan.I've followed Christen Me for the last 2 years,but i personally can't see him doing the business this year...especially against the All Stars runners.Tiger Tara i've followed for a while as well..he's so tough that he'll be thereabouts.In Summary HFIM gets my coin at this stage....but we'll know more in the next few weeks.

HFIM , if he starts. The horse has such an effortless action and glides over the ground.  Have watched harness for nearly 50 yrs, and nothing tells me this fella will not overcome tardiness at the start and still win. The rest are just pretenders. I leave Lazarus out because of  4 yr olds poor record in the Cup, but he could provide the quinella

My track record at picking the cup winner is hardly something to boast about, so I'm probably just putting the mockers on my choices.  But here goes anyway:

Have Faith In Me (best horse) to beat Franco Nelson (sentimental favourite---plus the bugger owes me a fortune after getting nosed out 2 years ago!)

As an aside, I'll just say what a pleasant change it is to see a thread that isn't a moan about the TAB...

12 hours ago, Toblerone said:

Terror To Love, Mainland Banner, Christian Cullen, Il Vicolo...

Yes, but spread out over a lot of years. They have traditionally found it tough, and as good as Lazarus is ,this is a tough field with some good stayers in it.

Either way HFIM, with a cracker of a contest coming up.

1 hour ago, what a post said:

Cant see why smolda cant win. He will need to draw handy, it will simply come down to if he settles in front of his stablemates. Think he is best kept on the fresh side,but he should win this week if he begins ok .

I have a lot of admiration for that horse but surely a horse looks as sore as he is and paces like he has some major issues couldn't beat a Laz or HFIM could he?

11 hours ago, Sickopunter said:

I have a lot of admiration for that horse but surely a horse looks as sore as he is and paces like he has some major issues couldn't beat a Laz or HFIM could he?

Only seemed to pace a little bit uneven on the bend at speed in his last race,fine in straights. Just think it a matter of driving him so pressure not on him on final bend. His run in last years cup was best of the field and it looked like he only had to pull out to win at his last start, What you refer to may be part of the reason he goes so well fresh. Time will tell.