RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

TAB Bookies turning punters off!!!!

1 hour ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Heya B Rod

Perhaps you could ask Tlw that.

I must say I was much more interested in the portion of his question that you have chosen to ignore.

Which question have I avoided Kotare?

Have you got any idea what he means by Brown or White?

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

Which question have I avoided Kotare?

Have you got any idea what he means by Brown or White?

This is his original post

So brodie. Tell us all how much you collected  off medusa the other  day. Opened at 31s closed at 8s. When you saw those odds you must have been  beside yourself !

Brown  or White?

I have highlighed the bit you have avoided to date.

Re your question, Sorry but I haven't the foggiest.

2 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

This is his original post

So brodie. Tell us all how much you collected  off medusa the other  day. Opened at 31s closed at 8s. When you saw those odds you must have been  beside yourself !

Brown  or White?

I have highlighed the bit you have avoided to date.

Re your question, Sorry but I haven't the foggiest.

No didn't back Medusa at all.

Was going to back it after its trial win but by the time I was going to get on, it had shortened appreciably with some smaller bets, I have heard!

No didn't get on yesterday either.

22 hours ago, Brodie said:

Kotare, don't frame any market.

Just invest on the horses that I sort out but only if the odds are fair and worth it considering the opposition.

Dont just invest on anything just because they are overs.

This method has worked for me and is continuing to do so, but it is harder than it used to be.

I am a bit like you Brodie, don't frame a market (don't know how but would be interested to learn) I know the CO -C3 horses well so identify a few races a week which appear to me to have possibilities of getting a winner from my knowledge. Tend not to bet on tightly assessed horses (too few runners) or races with Purdon runners (except future multis)

I frame a market in my head. While disappointed most times the TAB  FF open, they are still getting the odd one wrong, especially in the place market in bigger fields. I still get a buzz when the TAB make a mistake and I start to talking happily to the computer screen....:D 

Don't need a calculated % framed market, if I want that I will look at the TAB disaster that is in front of me!

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I am a bit like you Brodie, don't frame a market (don't know how but would be interested to learn) I know the CO -C3 horses well so identify a few races a week which appear to me to have possibilities of getting a winner from my knowledge. Tend not to bet on tightly assessed horses (too few runners) or races with Purdon runners (except future multis)

I frame a market in my head. While disappointed most times the TAB  FF open, they are still getting the odd one wrong, especially in the place market in bigger fields. I still get a buzz when the TAB make a mistake and I start to talking happily to the computer screen....:D 

Don't need a calculated % framed market, if I want that I will look at the TAB disaster that is in front of me!

I mainly bet on the loose class races mainly maidens and c1s and don't invest when there are too many with chances to run a place.

Dont touch tight class races as far better opportunity to make money on the loose class.

Wont generally invest on Premier meetings as fields are too even and luck in the running is required.

TAB odds on opening for the last couple of years has made it challenging but it is just a matter of picking and choosing more the races that you invest on.

53 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Wont generally invest on Premier meetings as fields are too even and luck in the running is required.

And in another thread you whinge about Purdon domination and short prices - a good liar needs to have a good memory - on the money again Brodie and never wrong

37 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

And in another thread you whinge about Purdon domination and short prices - a good liar needs to have a good memory - on the money again Brodie and never wrong

Spike, Firstly I don't appreciate being called a liar, as that I certainly am not.

Secondly off course I express my opinion about Purdon or AllStars domination not being great for  NZ Harness.

Not sure what you mean really?

I won't bet when there are too many chances in a race and I won't bet when Purdon dominates a race with entries.

Premier meetings there are too many chances to invest with what I see as a good chance of winning and I know many punters with the same opinion as me!

I will accept your apology Spike.

you state " Wont generally invest on Premier meetings as fields are too even and luck in the running is required" and then say Purdon dominates Premiere meetings.

Which is it? Even fields and luck needed or domination? If that is being "on the money" I do not need to take you seriously

1 minute ago, Spikecity said:

you state " Wont generally invest on Premier meetings as fields are too even and luck in the running is required" and then say Purdon dominates Premiere meetings.

Which is it? Even fields and luck needed or domination? If that is being "on the money" I do not need to take you seriously

Totally lost with your blog, Spike!

What part don't you understand?

If the field is even I don't invest!

if it is a premier meeting the fields are even I don't invest!

If Purdon has 2 horses in a field I don't invest!

Even fields, luck Needed and domination I don't invest!

Odds too short Spike I don't Invest!

The Brodster is always on the money!

Good punting Spike!

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Too True Brodie. My betting is based on finding mismatches with odds,. That is where the study comes in. Premier meetings do not really allow for this kind of betting but of course I still enjoy watching the good class horse going around.

Each to their own with betting. Big multi at short odds; Win punters; jackpot hunters are all fine - I don't care, do whatever the hell you want!

But sadly from my experience in TABs and pubs, most punters have no method to punting and have a working knowledge of 0 horses! They have a favourite driver and trainer plus some horses they will follow blindly!. Don't know how many times people say back this horse when I know full well it is not going to win. Might be a good horse but it isn't the race it is going to win because of the field it is in.

Anyone can say back a horse and make up a whole lot of crap to go with it. You only have to go a race meeting to see most know nothing (apart from those associated with horses)  which is fine. I have been intrigued lately by looking at people at races meetings  and being able to observe  2 or 3 others who are like me at the races and are doing the same thing.

I would consider myself a student of the form. I will listen to anyone who is the same. 

Spike, buddy, I am not sure what you are trying to say. What is your betting style? That may help me to understand where you are coming from.

7 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Totally lost with your blog, Spike!

What part don't you understand?

If the field is even I don't invest!

if it is a premier meeting the fields are even I don't invest!

If Purdon has 2 horses in a field I don't invest!

Even fields, luck Needed and domination I don't invest!

Odds too short Spike I don't Invest!

The Brodster is always on the money!

Good punting Spike!

Bugger off Brodie you are shortening my odds mate!!:D

2 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Bugger off Brodie you are shortening my odds mate!!:D

Do you think I have told him too much?

Don't think he will pick up on too much of it anyway and TAB can't shorten the odds much more or they will lose even more punters.

21 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

To be fair to Brodie he does say that he is a place punter, it would be possible for both statements to be correct. Purdon's dominate winning at short odds and the rest of the field to be even place chances for the other spots. I often don't take place bets for the reason that I think the Purdon horse will be in the first three and half the field could be in the other two places.   

7 hours ago, tonkatime said:

To be fair to Brodie he does say that he is a place punter, it would be possible for both statements to be correct. Purdon's dominate winning at short odds and the rest of the field to be even place chances for the other spots. I often don't take place bets for the reason that I think the Purdon horse will be in the first three and half the field could be in the other two places.   

Most people that go to the races have a bet on every race and that is fine.

Chances are that they have little chance of making money long term.

To make money long term you need to be disciplined!

On 07/10/2016 at 1:10 PM, Brodie said:

Firstly SMD I am the most intelligent person I have ever met, bar none.

Secondly it is a blatant lie if you are saying that people are getting 10k on a harness horse.

Whre are you getting that from?

You are incredibly thick if you can't work out from the market movers that the TAB are no longer taking larger bets.

Yes you say that it is Saville that is laying down the guidelines, but if between them that they can't see what is happening is unreal, as all the punters that I know are cutting down or not bothering.

Please advise us what the horses that are getting these $10k bets placed on them.  As they are not getting labelled by the TAB over TV or Harnesslink!

If you can't advise us what they were or are, then I take it as you making up porkies!

Bump. Hmm Brodie says it's a blatant lie if you are saying people get 10k on. Now he says he knew the TAB treat punters differently and has known that for years. Shown up yet again.

11 minutes ago, SMD is rife said:

Bump. Hmm Brodie says it's a blatant lie if you are saying people get 10k on. Now he says he knew the TAB treat punters differently and has known that for years. Shown up yet again.

God you are a fool.

We have heard many times of these large bets on got favourites to win bugger all percentage wise.

Winning punters can not get these bets on!!!!!   !

Yes if you have a record of losing large amounts then you will get on for win bets that are shorties.