RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

TAB Bookies turning punters off!!!!

1 hour ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

119 is almost like they made a mistake lol.

5 mins before the start both win and place were at 124 which is often as good as it gets.

How about race 7 place odds?

1.02, 1.19, 1.35.................

Wanna explain that one?

4 Divs perhaps? Lol

Nowadays the TAB very rarely gives any overs on the place Fixed Odds.

Have a look at Addington tomorrow night and no value anywhere from what I can see.

Most races have 4 horses paying well under $2 for a place and well under what they should be offering.

Can't really see too many having a go early at these odds and I don't see what the TAB is trying to do?

Surely they are better to have people punting at reasonable odds rather than just going through the motions by offering pathetically low odds on the first 4 favourites????

Bring back the Bookie who used to offer fair and reasonable odds as the people who are doing them nowadays haven't got a clue!

28 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Nowadays the TAB very rarely gives any overs on the place Fixed Odds.

Have a look at Addington tomorrow night and no value anywhere from what I can see.

Most races have 4 horses paying well under $2 for a place and well under what they should be offering.

Can't really see too many having a go early at these odds and I don't see what the TAB is trying to do?

Surely they are better to have people punting at reasonable odds rather than just going through the motions by offering pathetically low odds on the first 4 favourites????

Bring back the Bookie who used to offer fair and reasonable odds as the people who are doing them nowadays haven't got a clue!

Why do that? Why not just insult punters and owners intelligence until they find something better to do?

Oh that's right, they already did that.

7 hours ago, Sickopunter said:

How about race 7 place odds?

1.02, 1.19, 1.35.................

Wanna explain that one?

4 Divs perhaps? Lol

Not an easy task with incomplete information but using the closing odds for Race 7 fixed odds place was 121 which is not horrible by their standards.

3 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Not an easy task with incomplete information but using the closing odds for Race 7 fixed odds place was 121 which is not horrible by their standards.

You can't take the closing odds Kotare as they change them at the very last minute, and most of the time you would have trouble getting on.

The place Odds offered for most of the time is roughly 36 per cent and any with a chance always well unders.

When they shorten a horse they don't seem to lengthen out the others to late.

Dont understand how the TAB thinks that having the fixed odds so short is going to entice punters to offload?

The ones that want to offload are then restricted heavily, if Inhavent already mentioned it before.

To my mind if the TAB wants to increase profit they need to increase turnover and they won't be doing it with this totally flawed business plan!

3 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Your suggestion of 36% is nonsense.

Was meant to be 136 per cent or 36 percent from fair value!!   

42 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Clearly its not that bad hence you are talking nonsense/inventing your own facts..

What the hell do you mean Kotare?

What invention of facts are talking about?

The Brodster never invents anything, always tells it the way it is and is always on the money.

8 hours ago, MisterEd said:

I think the place percentages would be in the 360%  to 400% range depending on how close to closing time you are looking for fixed odds. 136% is clearly wrong for place odds

Better grasp on reality there MisterEd. I would have said 120 to 130 which falls into the 360 to 390 range before dividing it by 3 and using Brodies way of saying it 20 to 30 percent from fair value. I think he means actual value or actual chance.

But no matter what you dont have to suffer 36 aka 136 aka 408 unless for some reason you choose to.

So brodie. Tell us all how much you collected  off medusa the other  day. Opened at 31s closed at 8s. When you saw those odds you must have been  beside yourself !

Brown  or White?

Brodie's proven time after time he was dropped on his head a few too many times as a baby. For someone that claims to be such an expert / pro punter, yet didn't understand what the market % meant when he joined Racecafe. Absolute lying MYTH.

7 hours ago, TheMug said:

Brodie's proven time after time he was dropped on his head a few too many times as a baby. For someone that claims to be such an expert / pro punter, yet didn't understand what the market % meant when he joined Racecafe. Absolute lying MYTH.

Look here Mr Mug.

I originally quoted many months ago figures of approx 390 plus per cent and I was advised on here that you divide that figure by 3 for place percentages so that is what I have done that here.

Don't really give a rats what the percentages are as long as what I want to invest on is paying fair odds and not the unders they are most of the time.

Mug, no idea what you are on about lying mth? But you are living up to your name!!

25 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

What percentage do you frame your own market up to Brodie ?

Kotare, don't frame any market.

Just invest on the horses that I sort out but only if the odds are fair and worth it considering the opposition.

Dont just invest on anything just because they are overs.

This method has worked for me and is continuing to do so, but it is harder than it used to be.

58 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Without your own market how do you know they are "fair and worth it"

If I am confident of it running a place after looking at the opposition, I know what odds I am prepared to accept!

Not fair odds then don't bother.

11 hours ago, Tlw said:

So brodie. Tell us all how much you collected  off medusa the other  day. Opened at 31s closed at 8s. When you saw those odds you must have been  beside yourself !

Brown  or White?

Brodie, i think you may  have missed my question

41 minutes ago, Tlw said:

Brodie, i think you may  have missed my question

I'm not racist!

What the heck is brown or white meant to represent?

5 hours ago, Brodie said:

If I am confident of it running a place after looking at the opposition, I know what odds I am prepared to accept!

Not fair odds then don't bother.

Do you place much emphasis on barometric pressure when arriving at your acceptable odds ?

5 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Do you place much emphasis on barometric pressure when arriving at your acceptable odds ?

What the hell did you mean by brown or white?

Barometric pressure, no not really more just ability!

The Brodster is always on the money!