RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

TAB Bookies turning punters off!!!!

45 minutes ago, SMD is rife said:

Brodie, you still haven't learnt have you. I would estimate 98% of punters have zero restrictions. Some like you are restricted to win 1k or 2k, others have even greater restrictions.  But there are plenty who can put $10k on a horse or the Drivers Challenge and it will be accepted.

I cant understand why you continually bag Richardson. He is the messenger. Learn who is making these decisions, here's a hint, read my last post. What's changed in the last two years, the time since these changes you moan about have been made?.....Geez for someone supposedly so smart you really come across incredibly thick at times.

Firstly SMD I am the most intelligent person I have ever met, bar none.

Secondly it is a blatant lie if you are saying that people are getting 10k on a harness horse.

Whre are you getting that from?

You are incredibly thick if you can't work out from the market movers that the TAB are no longer taking larger bets.

Yes you say that it is Saville that is laying down the guidelines, but if between them that they can't see what is happening is unreal, as all the punters that I know are cutting down or not bothering.

Please advise us what the horses that are getting these $10k bets placed on them.  As they are not getting labelled by the TAB over TV or Harnesslink!

If you can't advise us what they were or are, then I take it as you making up porkies!

24 minutes ago, SMD is rife said:

Brodie, you still haven't learnt have you. I would estimate 98% of punters have zero restrictions. Some like you are restricted to win 1k or 2k, others have even greater restrictions.  But there are plenty who can put $10k on a horse or the Drivers Challenge and it will be accepted.

I cant understand why you continually bag Richardson. He is the messenger. Learn who is making these decisions, here's a hint, read my last post. What's changed in the last two years, the time since these changes you moan about have been made?.....Geez for someone supposedly so smart you really come across incredibly thick at times.

98% of punters dont bet big enough for restrictions to apply to them. Very few can get big bets on these days.

Agree re Saville vs Richardson. The guidelines come from above.

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Firstly SMD I am the most intelligent person I have ever met, bar none.

Secondly it is a blatant lie if you are saying that people are getting 10k on a harness horse.

Whre are you getting that from?

You are incredibly thick if you can't work out from the market movers that the TAB are no longer taking larger bets.

Yes you say that it is Saville that is laying down the guidelines, but if between them that they can't see what is happening is unreal, as all the punters that I know are cutting down or not bothering.

Please advise us what the horses that are getting these $10k bets placed on them.  As they are not getting labelled by the TAB over TV or Harnesslink!

If you can't advise us what they were or are, then I take it as you making up porkies!

Last horse I had more than 10k on was Yankee Tara at Addington so it can be done and I got on at odds of better than 2.50 for a profit of over 20K and no you will not see it labelled by the TAB because I did not go charging in trying to get the full amount on in one hit. In fact the biggest bet I had was $225 but I still got on for more than 10K.

Not sure you can work out how I did it Brodie.

41 minutes ago, MisterEd said:

Last horse I had more than 10k on was Yankee Tara at Addington so it can be done and I got on at odds of better than 2.50 for a profit of over 20K and no you will not see it labelled by the TAB because I did not go charging in trying to get the full amount on in one hit. In fact the biggest bet I had was $225 but I still got on for more than 10K.

Not sure you can work out how I did it Brodie.

You are a blatant liar!

If that amount was going on in those amounts the TAB would know and shorten the odds to nothing!

The other thing is you would have had to have got over $3 to have made over 20k

So you had more than 50 bets and the TAB with all their equipment didn't pick it up? And didn't reduce the odds?

So there was no one else in NZ that was punting it as well as you thT wasn't shortening the odds???

Once again you are in dreamland! 

Anyone with any brains can work out now you need to change hands 

Yes MrEd I can see how you were able to do it, you were asleep!

4 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You are a blatant liar!

If that amount was going on in those amounts the TAB would know and shorten the odds to nothing!

The other thing is you would have had to have got over $3 to have made over 20k

So you had more than 40 bets and the TAB with all their equipment didn't pick it up? And didn't reduce the odds?

Once again you are in dreamland! 

Anyone with any brains can work out now you need to change hands 

Over 200 bets actually but I will not bother you with the hows and whys as way over your head for a start.

The best odds I got on at were $4.80 and the lowest $2.50 for the New Zealand TAB. Slightly better on all the other Aussie totes and bookies they still let me use for my own accounts. 

I think I could post all the tickets and you still would not believe me!  That is how disillusioned you have become and it is hard to argue with someone who just keeps on repeating and will not listen to anything others say.

Point is!!!  for me piece of piss to get on for large bets still with a bit of nous and determination.

10 minutes ago, MisterEd said:

Over 200 bets actually but I will not bother you with the hows and whys as way over your head for a start.

The best odds I got on at were $4.80 and the lowest $2.50 for the New Zealand TAB. Slightly better on all the other Aussie totes and bookies they still let me use for my own accounts. 

I think I could post all the tickets and you still would not believe me!  That is how disillusioned you have become and it is hard to argue with someone who just keeps on repeating and will not listen to anything others say.

Point is!!!  for me piece of piss to get on for large bets still with a bit of nous and determination.

You are a Flippen dreamer!!!

How could you post all the tickets?

Have you not cashed them in yet?

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You are a Flippen dreamer!!!

Don't know how many posters here have said exactly the same to you on here over your claims of restrictions and big bets so I guess that is impossible as well eh!.

27 minutes ago, MisterEd said:

So basically you have to run all over town to get bets on? Or put them on at different prices? Or take multis? If it's multis its hard to count them for your argument.

I'm more than happy to hear your explanations.

Fair to say though that none of this stuff should be necessary.

3 minutes ago, Sickopunter said:

So basically you have to run all over town to get bets on? Or put them on at different prices? Or take multis? If it's multis its hard to count them for your argument.

I'm more than happy to hear your explanations.

Fair to say though that none of this stuff should be necessary.

Look there are many different ways of getting these bets on. I actually live in Brisbane most of the time and only come over to NZ around cup time. I do have a small army of family and friends available to put bets on in variety of ways in NZ as well as access to many accounts for bookmakers over here so i guess I do have an advantage over the average Joe. I take exception to Brodie calling me a liar though when I can bet large amounts when he says it is impossible to do.  It might be impossible for him but not for me.

Yes I have to take what I can get sometimes as that is what happens betting into small pools the price comes down the more you bet. Can still get 1k on a $20 shot when I want to with a series of small bets from different accounts and agencies.

6 minutes ago, MisterEd said:

Look there are many different ways of getting these bets on. I actually live in Brisbane most of the time and only come over to NZ around cup time. I do have a small army of family and friends available to put bets on in variety of ways in NZ as well as access to many accounts for bookmakers over here so i guess I do have an advantage over the average Joe. I take exception to Brodie calling me a liar though when I can bet large amounts when he says it is impossible to do.  It might be impossible for him but not for me.

Yes I have to take what I can get sometimes as that is what happens betting into small pools the price comes down the more you bet. Can still get 1k on a $20 shot when I want to with a series of small bets from different accounts and agencies.

So you have a bunch of accounts which will be restricted or shut down soon if you win and you go to extreme lengths to get on.

11 minutes ago, MisterEd said:

MisterED, you should quit while you are behind, as you are making it worse with your lies!

So you have an army of people running around your town putting these small bets on for you??

Anyone in NZ with any experience of the current betting system know that you are full of it now!!!!

9 minutes ago, Sickopunter said:

So you have a bunch of accounts which will be restricted or shut down soon if you win and you go to extreme lengths to get on.

Has been ok for the last year or so but can imagine will get harder and harder

Just now, MisterEd said:

Has been ok for the last year or so but can imagine will get harder and harder

So you would agree then that the TAB are being unreasonable and for normal punters its hard to get a bet on to clear a profit of more than a few thousand on a single bet if you're betting just with them?

3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

MisterED, you should quit while you are behind, as you are making it worse with your lies!

So you have an army of people running around your town putting these small bets on for you??

Anyone in NZ with any experience of the current betting system know that you are full of it now!!!!

you should have quit years ago!

Yes 

1 minute ago, Sickopunter said:

So you would agree then that the TAB are being unreasonable and for normal punters its hard to get a bet on to clear a profit of more than a few thousand on a single bet if you're betting just with them?

Yes that is what happened here in aus once all the UK crowd started arriving

6 minutes ago, MisterEd said:

Yes 

Yes that is what happened here in aus once all the UK crowd started arriving

I know the "all bookies do it" is the usual excuse and that's what JA says when trying to justify the restrictions, but this argument misses a key point, which he eventually might figure out.  In Australia the corporate bookies are public companies and in that sense they can do what they want (restrict punters) if they think that's in the best interests of their shareholders as that's who they are answerable to, not the racing industry.  In Australia the regulators (firstly Racing NSW and recently Racing Victoria) saw the damage that the unreasonable restrictions were doing to wagering and the impact this would have on the overall industry so they implemented minimum bet limits.  So if the NZRB are interested in promoting wagering to grow revenue, they should be concerned with the unreasonable bet limits the TAB impose and do something about it.  They could instantly force the TAB to change their policy to accept all bets to win $3k (and maybe $5k for bet placed on-course to encourage bigger punters back to the track) and I'd be amazed if this didn't have a positive impact on wagering and revenue in the medium to long term, provided they had bookies who could actually manage a book.

Brodie

You tell us all that the TAB do not set the odds that you want here is the answer.

1 Cash up all your assets

2 Contact John Allen (I Brodie will become the TAB Bookie for Harness I will put up my money for 50% of the profits)

3 I have no doubt that after setting the odds that there will be a flood of racecafers taking the odds you will run out of money and be out of a job within 12 hours.

4 Then you will go home you will not be restricted because you will be down to $1 each way bets and still will not be able to understand why any business is there to make a profit.

5 How many years are we going to have to put up with your dumb comments

37 minutes ago, lecithin said:

I know the "all bookies do it" is the usual excuse and that's what JA says when trying to justify the restrictions, but this argument misses a key point, which he eventually might figure out.  In Australia the corporate bookies are public companies and in that sense they can do what they want (restrict punters) if they think that's in the best interests of their shareholders as that's who they are answerable to, not the racing industry.  In Australia the regulators (firstly Racing NSW and recently Racing Victoria) saw the damage that the unreasonable restrictions were doing to wagering and the impact this would have on the overall industry so they implemented minimum bet limits.  So if the NZRB are interested in promoting wagering to grow revenue, they should be concerned with the unreasonable bet limits the TAB impose and do something about it.  They could instantly force the TAB to change their policy to accept all bets to win $3k (and maybe $5k for bet placed on-course to encourage bigger punters back to the track) and I'd be amazed if this didn't have a positive impact on wagering and revenue in the medium to long term, provided they had bookies who could actually manage a book.

you hit the nail on the head, as usual mate. unfortunately Saville has hoodwinked Allen (who has very limited wagering experience) and he has given him free reign to restrict who he wants in order to try and maximise his departments yield but to the determent of the wider industry.

3 hours ago, Fiery Falcon said:

Brodie

You tell us all that the TAB do not set the odds that you want here is the answer.

1 Cash up all your assets

2 Contact John Allen (I Brodie will become the TAB Bookie for Harness I will put up my money for 50% of the profits)

3 I have no doubt that after setting the odds that there will be a flood of racecafers taking the odds you will run out of money and be out of a job within 12 hours.

4 Then you will go home you will not be restricted because you will be down to $1 each way bets and still will not be able to understand why any business is there to make a profit.

5 How many years are we going to have to put up with your dumb comments

Fiery,. Good to have you on again.

Firstly wouldn't need to cash everything up to pay out winning punters.

Secondly wouldn't be hard to set fair fixed odds on harness.

which comments do you think are dumb or is it all of them.

Im sure you are linked with the TAB somewhere.

Hi Brodie,

I have just submitted and been accepted a five leg multi including Lazarus to return $108,864.

I would spend about $50 a year, so do not think I an a VIP punter.

Cheers.

Robert.

19 minutes ago, Double R said:

Hi Brodie,

I have just submitted and been accepted a five leg multi including Lazarus to return $108,864.

I would spend about $50 a year, so do not think I an a VIP punter.

Cheers.

Robert.

Robert.

Well done and I hope it wins.

Is it all on harness?

Great but surprising that they have allowed such a large payout so just shows everyone that there are different standards being employed for different folks.

All the best!

15 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Robert.

Well done and I hope it wins.

Is it all on harness?

Great but surprising that they have allowed such a large payout so just shows everyone that there are different standards being employed for different folks.

All the best!

3 gallops and 2 harness, on races over Cup Week. $1 investment.

1 hour ago, Double R said:

3 gallops and 2 harness, on races over Cup Week. $1 investment.

Godfather, some must be really long, Robert!

All the best.