RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
lottabull

Lack of winners

Noticed a lot more small trainers winning races  How  true is this new drug testing  going to be ? Pick on the small trainers test their dogs give the bigger trainers more time? How many nzgra personal own or share ownership of race dogs with bigger trainers. TESTING    SHOULD   HAVE   STARTED    AT THE BEGINNING OF THE NEW SEASONED

Big trainer use to be 10 or more greyhounds. 12 in my kennel. Its good to see small trainers do well. Are you referring to Wanganui I see Matt got 5 and Lisa 4. Look at Auckland?

Why has NZGRA given trainers time to get any drugs out of the dogs system?

Yes I have had 1 positive caffeine [ chocolate chip biscuits] learnt my lesson don't have neighbours especially with young children that was years ago cost me more then, what fines they receive nowadays is a joke some get off

1 positive in nearly 30 years [remember grass tracks] some trainers have had more in a few years. One thing to remember whether you train 1 dog or100"s it still cost

We need to look after our industry don't want NSW dilemma . They are athletes [ caring lovable ones]

As I said yes I had a positive and paid the price caffine  didn't make the dog run faster. Got a ban, fine and lost stakes the charge was my wake up call. I read all product labels and if in doubt leave it out until I get advise from  vet. What I'm saying a ban should be included in all proven positives, at present most receive no ban what hurts more a fine or a fine and a ban.

Idk how much of what you say is true, but I agree they should have had testing in straight a way and the fact they gave people a get clear quick clause is an embarrasment. But as of yet ive seen no positives so these assumptions of yours are based solely on theory

Joe. I wonder where you are comming from, lottabul has been honest and straightforward and even a simpleton could see that banning a substance that is already illegal in the sport should need no warning period. The only reason behind that must be that it would have been embarrassing to expose people that they thought  were likely to be using it illegally. Other than that it does not make sense.

You have obviously been around the traps a while Joe seeing you clearly remember Lottabul's ancient accident. Cheap shot bringing that up now when it has absolutely no relevance to the thread. Makes me wonder about your own history.

I agree regarding testing but not everyone that wins races are cheating. In fact I would say there is one or two if any and one day they wil get caught they always do. If people are cheating then it should be clear to see . I would say the dog would not have to many starts as they would burn out ?? Would that be correct . 

Jealous of what Joe. Years ago trainers with 10 or less dogs were classed as hobby trainers as told by the Inland revenue still got the letter from inland revenue.

If drugs aren't being used  why the delay you seem to know all  are you a trainer or a arm chair critic

Memory lane regional rep banned  last season great guy voted for him still respect him. Trainer had dogs removed as he refused to administer banned substance.

Trainers  need more say as individuals,1 licensed person rep not enough , maybe 1 rep per club that's 11 in ON TRACK  [especially on important issues such as new drug tests]   Heard  1st October in full swing 1/1/2017. Trainers lose out all the time 1 vote bye  petrol vouchers from $40 down to $30 then $20 okay they did increase 4th $50 to $8o 5th and 6th$ 20 7th 8th zip always saving at trainers expense might be small amount but over a season it adds up $10 per race a nice sum

I think the correct way to have instituted the change would have been the exact opposite of what is happening. They should have gone ahead with the new testing and then made the joyous announcement after six months that they had been doing the testing and are so happy to announce that no one was using. Now that would ahve shown some integrity.