RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Do you have confidence with the leadership from NZTR and NZRB

Do you have confidence with the leadership from NZTR and NZRB  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the way things are headed under the present management

2 hours ago, mr dickson cider said:

The blurb I got from NZTR in an email yesterday( I'm sure everyone else got it too) says funded prize money has gone from $40.8 mil in 2011 to $53.1 mil in the past season a 25.76 % increase. Ave prize money per race has gone up 37.39 %. Actual prize money paid has risen 13% over the past 6 years to $19,313.

How come I'm still running around for $7,000 in maidens?.Get real NZTR.

Mr DC - running in R75 for $8,000 hurts even more :angry:

If the trainers do not have the nouse/guts to help the poor owner they should be forced to send to owners the opportunity to have their say by way of a partition  .

Some of the trainers seem to have limited intellectual ability, but if they cannot see that owners (who are their lifeblood) are leaving the game in droves, how do they expect to make a living, some would never even get other employment.  Dole queue I suppose.

Plenty good definitions definitions of business leadership in google. 

I doubt leadership is suddenly producing minimum $20k racing like many seem to think here.

Anyway worth pondering

http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/3647-leadership-definition.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinkruse/2013/04/09/what-is-leadership/#6bb5e483713e

perhaps empowering others is best definition. Like empowering Chris Wood train 2 winners every raceday.

20 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Plenty good definitions definitions of business leadership in google. 

I doubt leadership is suddenly producing minimum $20k racing like many seem to think here.

Anyway worth pondering

http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/3647-leadership-definition.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinkruse/2013/04/09/what-is-leadership/#6bb5e483713e

perhaps empowering others is best definition. Like empowering Chris Wood train 2 winners every raceday.

??? not relevant, just gibble de gook

2 hours ago, trakdap said:

If the trainers do not have the nouse/guts to help the poor owner they should be forced to send to owners the opportunity to have their say by way of a partition  .

Some of the trainers seem to have limited intellectual ability, but if they cannot see that owners (who are their lifeblood) are leaving the game in droves, how do they expect to make a living, some would never even get other employment.  Dole queue I suppose.

Its a petition... a partition is whats needed to keep the powers  that be in a separate area...:D

LOL. It was pure frustration.

I am doing OK as an owner of a nice horse at present. Like Midget said why should we try to help when people will not help themselves (trainers apathy).

But Owners deserve better.

7 hours ago, Midget said:

An observation.

Someone posted an article wherein Rogie claims all is well and Racefields legislation will solve all our problems.

Yesterday Pitty posts ( Uneasy ) and declares that NZTR is doing all it can and is neither responsible or accountable.

David Ellis makes his annual,' state of the racing nation ' pre Karaka waffle, telling us all is just perfect, not quite rosy, more tangerine, but perfect nonetheless.

Meantime the Trainers Asociation says nothing and has entered into a financial arrangement whereby they're now funded directly by NZTR, and the President, Tony Pike, is for all intents and purposes AWOL.

So if that's an indication of the appetite for change, or new useful initiatives, then why should passionate people who care about the game even bother?. The industry and the trainers are getting what they deserve, and what they apparently sit comfortably with.

Good luck to them I say......but they should never bleat again.....

Is he not bothered now he is moving on??

Open barryb's link above and read it.

It is John Allen's "report back" from his country wide get out, talk, and listen you you all. 

I haven't voted in this pole and let me tell that this would be the very first one I haven't, because I am prepared to give the guy a chance. 

For the first time in 10 -15years I have some faith in someone who is leading the NZRB.

I hope that it's not misguided. I guess only time will tell. 

Insider, your vote will be missed, and thats sad, so very sad. Before you take that action think Paul Belsham and others, if that doesn't bring a tear to your eye and make you think twice, well, it explains why we have reached this situation. Thank You

Maybe Hesi and Leo had some good idea's about how to word your survey better, and how you need the big names in the industry to be involved. But as Leo pointed out - the big players seem to be content with the current situation. Need another 50 Chris Wood's. Thanks for trying Scooby. Cheers 

I'd just be happy to see a strategy paper produced by the authorities, with a three stage 5 year, 10 year and 15 year plan that's gives us a defined target that we can either subscribe to, or, if we don't like the plan, turn our backs on.

I might be simplifying things but I'd only need the following issues addressed.

1.  How to address welfare and wellbeing of all NON salaried industry participants.

2. How to best utilize our assets to grow the industry

3. How to sell more gambling product globally

4. How to invest in R & D and infrastructure to mould the industry into a relevant and attractive option for the next generation.

5. And finally, how to make the entire management team and their operations transparent and accountable.

Is that reasonable and fair ??

To John Allen

immediately, you must insist the T.A.B. fixes the server problem on the betting interface.

..the 'meltdown' happens every weekend, especially on the 'big days' when customer interest is at it's highest.

For the punting customer, there is No Tomorrow..it's all about the 'here and now'.

(not to mention all the lost revenue that's accrued)

1. stop leakage...(offer competitive) odds available early saturday morn./ deposit incentives like oz competition.

2. free phone betting/cellphone for older customers and when computers go down ...(like today)

3.reasonable min. stakes so racing a horse affordable / attractive for entertainment

4.free subsidised entry to race-courses to encourage the next generation.  

On 9/14/2016 at 9:56 PM, uneasy said:

Who ever it is that voted yes can you please tell us who you are

Personally I feel NZTR are trying to help as much as they can, ultimately they can only do with what funds they receive from NZRB. As for NZRB completely out of control with money being paid to so many employees its become ridiculous. I wonder if the minister of racing actually knows how much is being creamed from the top, i'm sure he does but it seems no one is responsible. sacking ChCh telephone betting staff and no bonuses have they come up with anything else?

Michael Pitman

I agree.

Nothing of merit mentioned which could account for a DRASTIC cut in expenses by NZRB. This to me is the most alarming element of our grossly underperforming industry.  

On 9/14/2016 at 9:56 PM, uneasy said:

Who ever it is that voted yes can you please tell us who you are

Personally I feel NZTR are trying to help as much as they can, ultimately they can only do with what funds they receive from NZRB. As for NZRB completely out of control with money being paid to so many employees its become ridiculous. I wonder if the minister of racing actually knows how much is being creamed from the top, i'm sure he does but it seems no one is responsible. sacking ChCh telephone betting staff and no bonuses have they come up with anything else?

Michael Pitman

7 hours ago, Pegs Pride said:

I agree.

Nothing of merit mentioned which could account for a DRASTIC cut in expenses by NZRB. This to me is the most alarming element of our grossly underperforming industry.  

That's exactly the way I see it also. The NZRB must be run far more efficiently with a significant decrease in operating expenses. A holding pattern ie no pay increases and no bonuses is like putting a sticking plaster on a broken back.    

If there are no increases in the pie distribution to the code then how do stakes increase significantly and additional funding be allocated to be put into research and development infrastructure.  

The reason Pitty is pro NZTR is because he enjoys 'intimacies' with the handicapper and others ( he had the audacity to publicly skite about this on Trackside yesterday ) and because he's now got what he wanted from the programmers, that being the various South Island provincial dates being cancelled and now fortnightly meetings scheduled at Riccarton.

Pitty is easily pleased, as long as it's all about him :) The pity ( pun intended ) is that he's on the Trainers's Exec and if only he could spend less time at the donut and cream bun bench ( fighting for his share in the face of stern opposition ) and more time doing what's right for racing....showing a bit of courage and vision, but that's asking a bit much isn't it Pitty ??

2admin2, can you find out the names of the three people who've voted yes in the poll and send the men in white coats around.

21 hours ago, porky said:

1. stop leakage...(offer competitive) odds available early saturday morn./ deposit incentives like oz competition.

2. free phone betting/cellphone for older customers and when computers go down ...(like today)

3.reasonable min. stakes so racing a horse affordable / attractive for entertainment

4.free subsidised entry to race-courses to encourage the next generation.  

You actually want the product to be so attractive that people are willing to pay to see it. I don't believe we should pay to get into rubbish meetings such as the xmas at the races thing, but highly atteactive meetings should have entry fees, People don't expect to get in rigby or cricket for nothing.

21 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

You actually want the product to be so attractive that people are willing to pay to see it. I don't believe we should pay to get into rubbish meetings such as the xmas at the races thing, but highly atteactive meetings should have entry fees, People don't expect to get in rigby or cricket for nothing.

,Ive had shares in horses and arranged syndicates , have worked with them, but due to racing a horse being un-econmic now.

However still loving a punt...free entry gets me and many others off the couch and on track.

I agree with you...better marketing,punters clubs on-course,any trick in the marketing book to attract youngsters on-course

Both Premier days and midweek maidens...But don,t charge for non Premier days or people will just go to sat. afternoon rugby,

Fishing,Aunt Mabels BBQ or any other pursuit that takes their fancy...points 1 to 3 are just as important...but Nathan Guy doesn,t care.