RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Do you have confidence with the leadership from NZTR and NZRB

Do you have confidence with the leadership from NZTR and NZRB  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the way things are headed under the present management

Might I suggest you actually run two polls ( whilst applauding the fact you're trying to do something ).

My reasoning is that it's not really adequate to just blame the " administration " because clearly we have numerous administrative bodies and arguably the NZRB is where the wastage is, in terms of opex anyway.

I'd have included a third category, that being the Racing Act, because it's that piece of legislation that determines the shape of the model we have thrust upon us.

Just saying, and trying to be both fair and specific.

I concur with Midgets thoughts. The poll does need to be split, it seems to me NZRB has been a bit of a basket case in terms of leadership for so long it's difficult to formulate a fair and reasonable assessment of the leadership of NZRB given the time the current leader has had in the role not to mention the inherited mess. 

NZTR however is a completely different matter, the current regime have had well and truly long enough to make a positive impact, that just doesn't appear to have happened not to mention does it appear a possibility in the future!

The trouble is that not everyone understands the way the industry works (and understandably so) with the intricacy of the Racing Act, NZTR, NZRB etc. So it is probably best to keep things reasonably simple.

I think almost everyone agrees that industry leadership is incompetent, has very little industry knowledge and therefore has lost all support from industry participants, except some breeders. In most other disfunctional industries this would lead to a groundswell of revolt from those disaffected parties and inevitably some action from the Govt. 

2 minutes ago, Midget said:

I see Nerula has voted !!

Once the Petone office inhabitants vote things will even up ( clearly they're currently blocked from the site.)

they are still at lunch - then it will be afternoon tea time

are you sure it wasn't vite cheval that voted? :P

We have over 1200 members registered on the site and we have 38 contributors... seems most seem to be fine with the way things are going.... the only way there will ever be change is if large numbers stand up together and make the powers that be take notice... 38 won't do that....sadly.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

We have over 1200 members registered on the site and we have 38 contributors... seems most seem to be fine with the way things are going.... the only way there will ever be change is if large numbers stand up together and make the powers that be take notice... 38 won't do that....sadly.

And that's a sad indictment of NZ I'm afraid, what an apathetic bunch, that's why mediocrity prospers and why so many of you have fled to Oz.

" that being the Racing Act, because it's that piece of legislation that determines the shape of the model we have thrust upon us"..( Midget)

This in my opinion, should be the first call to arms. It is the only way the Govt. could/should be involved.

Who ever it is that voted yes can you please tell us who you are

Personally I feel NZTR are trying to help as much as they can, ultimately they can only do with what funds they receive from NZRB. As for NZRB completely out of control with money being paid to so many employees its become ridiculous. I wonder if the minister of racing actually knows how much is being creamed from the top, i'm sure he does but it seems no one is responsible. sacking ChCh telephone betting staff and no bonuses have they come up with anything else?

Michael Pitman

3 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Scooby why don't you mail the 1200, surely they have e-mails

2 hours ago, biff said:

And that's a sad indictment of NZ I'm afraid, what an apathetic bunch, that's why mediocrity prospers and why so many of you have fled to Oz.

Guys if they don.t read the site on a regular basis they would not even know, be pro - active if things are to happen

27 minutes ago, uneasy said:

Personally I feel NZTR are trying to help as much as they can, ultimately they can only do with what funds they receive from NZRB. As for NZRB completely out of control with money being paid to so many employees its become ridiculous. I wonder if the minister of racing actually knows how much is being creamed from the top, i'm sure he does but it seems no one is responsible. sacking ChCh telephone betting staff and no bonuses have they come up with anything else?

Michael Pitman

Put out a petition.  That way we can put our names to the petition without having to use our nom de plume.

Suggestion....

Once a well worded well thought out petition is completed it should be sent to ALL trainers to send them on to ALL their Owners and relative  Industry participants ( jockeys ,blacksmiths,vets,staff,float drivers,chiros,pysios,punters,racegoers etc) who in turn sends them to their clients,friends , feed merchants etc. This will get the numbers required. It is called networking and all the above rely on the Industry.

Hesi,

I think people think they will be persecuted if they participate in this partition. They can/will not be unless it becomes personal which it won't if it is asking for the Racing Act to be revised.

But greater minds than mine will be needed to word the document.

Come in Leo, the ball is rolling your way.

One of the New Zealand's top trainers says its all good.  Racing is enjoying a resurgence in New Zealand and the only threat is the $20 million being sucked out of it by offshore bookmakers, but don't worry the minister is onto that:

The racing industry in New Zealand is enjoying a resurgence but there remains a threat on the scene that is sucking an estimated $20 million annually from our sporting sector. We are concerned about the use of offshore betting websites and their impact on the integrity and finances of our industry and other sporting codes.

A Government Working Group reported in November last year, recommending the idea of legislation that would require all offshore gambling operators to pay a fee, an 'Offshore Bookmaker Fee' to the New Zealand Racing Board on all bets originating from New Zealand.

The issues involved here are quite complex and multi-faceted. To quote the minister: "To successfully implement the recommendations of the Working Group will not be easy. The reality is we are trying to create a legislative tool with an extra-territorial reach, which is by no means simple."

Our industry is getting behind the minister on this as recovery of the $20 million will likely be used to increase stakes and lead a 'domino' effect of more horses racing locally and importantly, more jobs in places like Wairoa, Gore and Kumara.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11578337

An observation.

Someone posted an article wherein Rogie claims all is well and Racefields legislation will solve all our problems.

Yesterday Pitty posts ( Uneasy ) and declares that NZTR is doing all it can and is neither responsible or accountable.

David Ellis makes his annual,' state of the racing nation ' pre Karaka waffle, telling us all is just perfect, not quite rosy, more tangerine, but perfect nonetheless.

Meantime the Trainers Asociation says nothing and has entered into a financial arrangement whereby they're now funded directly by NZTR, and the President, Tony Pike, is for all intents and purposes AWOL.

So if that's an indication of the appetite for change, or new useful initiatives, then why should passionate people who care about the game even bother?. The industry and the trainers are getting what they deserve, and what they apparently sit comfortably with.

Good luck to them I say......but they should never bleat again.....

9 hours ago, uneasy said:

Michael Pitman

What about programming Michael? what about the poor buggers south of Ashburton, say Wingatui and the deep south? You have some serious clout in your neck of the woods I'm led to believe, so, surely the disenchanted down there need a voice?........from where I sit it appears there will be no racing, or sweet bugger all down that way in a year or two, You've made some good valid points though, and the very real task is to reach all racing participants to get their feedback as to what happens next? Of course as you well know Michael, there are many up north who have never had life so good, we all know who they are, and with a few exceptions they are in a plus position because of export dollars, not domestic dollars......and that's a real worry for the majority.

The blurb I got from NZTR in an email yesterday( I'm sure everyone else got it too) says funded prize money has gone from $40.8 mil in 2011 to $53.1 mil in the past season a 25.76 % increase. Ave prize money per race has gone up 37.39 %. Actual prize money paid has risen 13% over the past 6 years to $19,313.

How come I'm still running around for $7,000 in maidens?.Get real NZTR.

1 hour ago, mr dickson cider said:

The blurb I got from NZTR in an email yesterday( I'm sure everyone else got it too) says funded prize money has gone from $40.8 mil in 2011 to $53.1 mil in the past season a 25.76 % increase. Ave prize money per race has gone up 37.39 %. Actual prize money paid has risen 13% over the past 6 years to $19,313.

How come I'm still running around for $7,000 in maidens?.Get real NZTR.

Yes, it's true. Prizemoney has now returned to the level of 9 years ago. That has been achieved last season by the addition of $1m from NZTR reserves and about a $10m share of pokie revenues. Everything is looking pretty rosy. Of course the deceitful use of 2011 as a baseline in their spiel could be called into question. That was the year that prizemoney running on reserves ran out of juice and was drastically cut mid season and the figure used doesn't account for the free racing in the first half of the season. Never mind.

I agree with Midget here. If folk are convinced that NZTR are doing everything they can and that the problem rests solely with the NZRB and leakage, good luck to them.