RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pushbutton_auto

Champion of Spring results - Discussion Thread

42 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Can you let me know what I need to change please?  I'll work out later how to give you access to the thread even though it is locked

BTW the only reason I split it out to it's own thread was that it was hard for people to quickly find their scores having trawl through a whole lot of posts to find it.

If you still about, just need it opened for a few minutes .. thanks

Changes and additions to a comp for fun and variety sake are great, as long as they are fair to everyone and everyone knows about them.

Can I make a wee suggestion please that if any additions/changes to the comp over and above those in the original rule thread are made, that updates are noted in the post calling for selections for the next week?   Just noting, check new rule, in the thread heading also would be useful, so that folk read the top post and any new rules/additions before putting in their selections.

Some cafers don't have the time to come on every day and read through discussion threads for any changes and just shoot in on a Saturday and might read the last couple of posts and then put in their selections - so unless made clear they may miss updates.

Guest 2Admin2

Hi everyone - can we all just chill for a bit.  I've run a comp before on this site and I know first hand how much time it involves and how prickly some people get.  Hence my reluctance to run one again especially when so much time is needed to keep the platform ready.  

May I suggest that we re-list the rules and subsequent amendments and then freeze any further changes.

Then watch Midget's sorry arse get whipped.

Guest 2Admin2

No spurs, No step ladders, no martingales, no cinch straps, no hobbles, no tongue ties, nose or ear twists........on the horse.

You can wear whatever you wish preferably not a clown costume.

4 hours ago, hesi said:

Please note also, checking through the postings, only Memphis(Mark) and Sir Gallivant played their joker today.

Sing out if I have overlooked anyone.

You can also delete Trump from the results page as he has indicated he is taking no further part in the comp.

You will probably find also that Pete, Jason and Nimue may wish to reconsider their earlier decisions:)

Yep I'll stay in. Be good to have some updated scoring as the day rolls on. Good on you Hesi for stepping into the breach.

4 hours ago, pete said:

Yep I'll stay in. Be good to have some updated scoring as the day rolls on. Good on you Hesi for stepping into the breach.

Yip I'm happy to continue now that everything has been explained and dealt with. Not that I'm a threat as around 600 behind leader so need a miracle day  ( still got my joker up my sleeve though :lol:)

I've always said I'll unleash the beast during Cup Week, that was MC week not the NZ version., but now I find we've got gypsies included in the comp so I've had quite a setback.

Can I just say though that I'm amazed at the shit the Cafe management put up with from some of you clowns, and yes I've seen it first hand, but you're amazingly ungrateful and your behavior is precious, immature and offensive.

I can only presume you're all low achievers or just kids who "want, want, want".....and expect a big person to " give, give, give.."

You need to remember the # 1 rule in life, it's commonly referred to as the "golden rule".

He who has the gold makes the rules.

If I was in charge I'd give you the following advice. The owners of Cafe have the gold, they make the rules, don't forget it, or go find another sandpit to play in.

On 23 October 2016 at 10:52 AM, hesi said:

Round 7 Wrap

**If you think your score is wrong, let us know and we will aim at getting everything 100% by next Sat

As predicted, one of the most notorious tipsters on RC , Ian(Von Cettes) delivers 511 points, should have played your joker Ian, there is no way you can top that effort
Wrinkles, named derived from their wrinkly posting font, a reasonable effort but quite a distant second
The much vaunted Midget's run died early in the day. has he left his run too late??
Several posters thought it was only once around so pulled up their mounts early, but have decided to remount and continue
The red head from redneck country, Chesty(Maria) still has a healthy lead, but the storm clouds are gathering, with Von Cettes, Cat, PJ, Mainland ready to strike and still jokers in hand(VC, Mainland)

Gonsta, Trump, Vanturk and Taxi did not post, so I'm assuming they have exited the comp, leaving 63
Will just add them back in if they decide to post in Round 8

Round 8 on Sat 29 Oct, probably likely to be all 5 races at Flemington, 4 G1's!!
Just a reminder, you can't play your joker in the last round, so use it or lose in Rounds 8, 9, 10 or 11

If joker is double I think I should be 859. Thanks. You never know I might get rolled by  a bees dick on the red hots day. Cheers