RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Champion Tipster of the Spring Comp

Well here we go, I will get abused as no NZ races this week, I think we can wait a week for NZ races.

Rosehill Race 6

Flemington Races 3,6,7,8 

Cheers and good punting.

Once I confirm who is running the comp we will put up the final rules for everyone to see, there will be no acceptions for late entries..zero.

Scooby.

What's involved ?

If it's just checking they have selections in on time and reconciling results and posting updates I could probably do that.

Would I be allowed to change my selection after the race though, not too blatantly, just sort of like the NZRB and NZTR do by mixing a few numbers up to get a better result that's only slightly misleading and a bit of a lie, not quite the truth but near enough.

If that's ok I'll do the job, and I note I've shortened from $1.08 to $1.03 to win this romp now.

I won't be doing it after each race !!

I've got a life, a very active one and it doesn't involve updating a punting comp by the hour on a busy Saturday when I'm flat out punting, drinking, eating, and working on my next project, which is surprisingly named " blond solo mother with flotation devices "

I'll update by the following Monday and if that doesn't work please get someone else.

There should be a mercy clause too to get rid of the village idiots and reduce the work load.

If anyone falls more than $100 behind the leader ( me ) they should be eliminated shouldn't they ? They need to get back to their day job, raking dust or chasing skinny sheep if they're from Rangiora, or back to their asylum, if they can't keep up with the industry / Cafe leaders.

23 minutes ago, Brown Fox said:

Do you have a preference for the layout of our picks ?.I'm sure that would make your job easier

You asking me ?

If you are make it simple, picks to align with race sequence but each meeting separate and meetings in alphabetical order.

To make that clear ( or if you're from Rangiora ) let me use an example.

We're covering three meetings at Hastings, Randwick and Flemington.

Hastings races are 5, 7 and 9.

Randwick races 5 & 8

Flemington races 6, 7 & 8

Now listen closely North Cantabrians, A,B,C........remember standard one, you should, most of you spent the majority of your school life there...anyway we've got an H, an F, and an R, so let's see if we can get it right first time ( phone a friend Rangiorians ) 

Yes !! the order is F, H, then R....makes my job easier, mind you if your mother had swallowed the whole world would be a lot easier.

Now to the numbers, we've got a 5, a 6, a 7, an 8 and a 9, now who's first with their hand up with the wrong answer....there we go....wee Kakama, ok Kakama, you can ring Colin as your support person before you give me the wrong answer you little moron.....well done Kakama, you get a point for participation but minus a point for the wrong answer....again...

To summarise ( take your socks off if you need fingers and toes to count Kakama, the meetings will be alphabetical by track, not region, province or state ) and the races will be in numerical order.

To make it even more simple you'll list your choice of track, race and runner, say number 7 in race 5 at Hastings as;

H5#7

Is that too hard for all you lobotomised cell dwelling village idiots from North Canterbury ?, because I know the rest of NZ will get it no problem.

Thanks in anticipation.

I don't think we're having best bets each week?  I thought it was one round where you played your joker and your points were doubled on that round (all races).  

In terms of race order, here's a thought.  Why not put up an entry thread and list the order of the races from 1 to 5?  

You could go with alphabetical/numerical, eg.

1. Flemington Race 3

2. Flemington Race 6

3. Flemington Race 7

4. Flemington Race 8

5. Rosehill Race 6

or you could go with chronological, eg.

1. Flemington Race 3  (3.35pm)

2. Rosehill Race 6  (5.10pm) 

3. Flemington Race 6  (5.30pm)

4. Flemington Race 7 (6.10pm)

5. Flemington Race 8 (6.50pm)

Either way works, and then people don't have to name the races they could just list their picks from 1 to 5.

OK I got someone to help out. Just to be clear yes there is a best bet each week and that will get double points for that 1 selection for that week.

Then there will be 2 jokers which can be used one time only each. These will double the points/$$$ for the whole day you decide to use them,and the best bet of that day will not be applicable of course.

Cheers.

RACECAFE SPRING TIPPING COMPETITION

Rules - this is a relatively simple competition.  In short, pick one horse in each of 5 designated races and nominate one of them as your best bet.  The rules that follow may look a bit long but that's only because we're being as transparent as we can.

Duration:  Competition will run on each Saturday beginning this week until the NZ Trotting Cup, this will be the final Day.  Competition will also include Melbourne Cup Tuesday (3 November) and VRC Oaks Thursday (5 November).   So you will be required to post selections on all days included within the comp.

How To Play:  Very simple: (1) pick one horse in each of the 5 designated races for that round; and (2) nominate one of those five selections as your Best Bet for the round.

Scoring:  You will have an imaginary $10 each way on each of your selections, with your best bet doubled ($20 each way).   NZ TAB dividends will be used.

Joker  During the comp each player will have a Joker each to be used one time only. If you play your Joker you will get double points for the whole day you play it, but there will be no best bet for that day. It is totally up to the individual when they choose to play it. They must nominate with their entries that this is their day to use the Joker or it will not count.

Winners/Prizes:  The highest accumulated total over the rounds will be crowned the Racecafe Spring Tipping champion and will earn themselves $300.  The second highest tally will earn $150 and third highest tally will earn $50.   In the unlikely event of a tie for any placing, usual dead-heat rules will apply.

Posting Deadline:  Entries must be posted on the Entry thread before the posted start time of the first race in that round.  If you fail to post before the deadline in any round you will score NIL for that round.  Harsh but if you want to win the comp, its not hard to meet the deadline.  This deadline will be made very clear in the Entry thread.

Substitutions:  You may post as many substitutions as you like - to allow for the possibility that your selection is scratched.

Regular scratchings:  If your selection is a regular scratching (and you haven't nominated a sub that is running) you may post replacements up until the posting deadline. If you've posted a sub that is running that sub will be used as your selection.  If you don't have a sub running or don't post a replacement before the posting deadline you will score NIL in that race.  If it's your Best Bet that is even more unfortunate.

Late scratchings:   If your horse is late scratched before the posting deadline, and you haven't nominated a sub that is running, you may post a replacement before the posting deadline.  If you don't have a sub running or don't post a replacement before the posting deadline, your pick will transfer onto the TAB sub (tote favourite) for that race.  

Scratching and Best Bets:  If your best bet is scratched you may change the race in which your best bet runs provided you do it before the posting deadline.  If your best bet is scratched after the posting deadline it will be a late scratching and your best bet will transfer onto the TAB sub in that same race.

To avoid any ansgt around scratchings, either post your picks after the regular scratchings are notified, or if you have to post before scratchings are notified, then post some subs with your picks.

One entry per username:  Everyone on Racecafe is welcome to enter but each username can only post one entry - can't post for yourself and Mum and the kids ........

Brian                
M11-6    ~~    13    ::    1-12
M12-3    ~~    2    ::    7-5
M12-6    ~~    1    ::    8-2
M12-7    ~~    3    ::    10-12
M12-8    ~~    5**    ::    2-4

Thanks to the Scooby and whoever runs this comp

Its my decision, and to manage over 60 is too much for anyone, I note although you like to poke the bone at the scorer you decided not to do it... so stop trolling at least he offered to help out, and it is not an easy task.

Then the bottom dwellers will need to be strategic too, and know when to use their jokers.

Scooby.

Just now, hesi said:

Short memory Leigh, I have more than made my contribution to competitions on this site.

The scorer is an offensive tosser and also in case you had forgotten, has been kicked for touch 3 times on this site, as Rambling Kidd, Red and White and Yorkie Lad, just keeps coming back

My problem not yours OK.... you seem to worry about other peoples business too much...

I appreciate you have helped out here, but give the guy a chance if he becomes as you say then you know what happens...but he offered to help and I am also not quite sure you are on the right track with who he is... relax and enjoy the day... cheers.

1 minute ago, hesi said:

Oh yes they are definitely the same person, no one could replicate that style if they tried, plus magically back in the LGL 3 comp back on April 9, after Yorkie Lad had been yellow carded and therefore could not post, Pushbutton Auto appears and posts his selection

I am not so certain... but anyway let me worry about that..ok.

23 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Just a suggestion.

If each participant copies and paste each weeks template of races then just adds the relevant horse number alongside then it would be quite easy to automatically process the comp with a few lines of code. Don't know how PBA is doing it keen to find out.

Thats exactly what I did. Copy and pasted someones format that looked ok and then deleted their horses and put in my numbers. Maybe I should have just left their numbers. A template would be a good idea then everybody would have the same order and would be easier to read for the scorers.