RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

Industry Blood Test

The new season is just a few weeks on yet the trend we witnessed last year and that before it seems to be warming again.......... the recent Breeders Crown meeting brought it all back into focus.

In NZ we have seen several of the more prominent training operations sharing the spoils which is great yet you cant help feeling that when the big money comes up we will see it all slip away again into the same routine. This year it would appear that the leading training establishment will not only dominate most group and age races but they will have multiple runners of real ability and will clean up many of the other races as their younger ones progress.The impact of this trend continuing will have questionable effects long term IMO.

Could I suggest that there is an urgent need for an industry " blood Test " which would include discussions between industry consultants and all major participants. The object of this exercise would be to get a heads up on the short/medium term condition and the likely future of the industry before its too late.

It's all very well basking in the glory of wonderful training and driving feats and the admiration a handful of owners have but what about the rest of the participants ?

There is no need to elaborate on the differences between the many training establishments but it just doesn't help having all the money go to so few.  

The standard of racing and the quality of the stock is great but what about small fields or empty stands and this combined with the above makes an overcast future.

14 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

The new season is just a few weeks on yet the trend we witnessed last year and that before it seems to be warming again.......... the recent Breeders Crown meeting brought it all back into focus.

In NZ we have seen several of the more prominent training operations sharing the spoils which is great yet you cant help feeling that when the big money comes up we will see it all slip away again into the same routine. This year it would appear that the leading training establishment will not only dominate most group and age races but they will have multiple runners of real ability and will clean up many of the other races as their younger ones progress.The impact of this trend continuing will have questionable effects long term IMO.

Could I suggest that there is an urgent need for an industry " blood Test " which would include discussions between industry consultants and all major participants. The object of this exercise would be to get a heads up on the short/medium term condition and the likely future of the industry before its too late.

It's all very well basking in the glory of wonderful training and driving feats and the admiration a handful of owners have but what about the rest of the participants ?

There is no need to elaborate on the differences between the many training establishments but it just doesn't help having all the money go to so few.  

The standard of racing and the quality of the stock is great but what about small fields or empty stands and this combined with the above makes an overcast future.

Ivanthegreat.

Couldnt agree more, as I have previously blogged.

Be careful because there will soon be the pro Blue and Silver brigade on!

6 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

well spoken Ivan if only the heads of harness racing would listen. Up here in Auckland the horse pool is small and when the big money comes up one stable turns up and wins it all

Well, you know I for one was bloody proud of our Kiwi efforts (horses n Trainers/Drivers) in oz recently, albeit most of the results an efforts were from that Purdon & Rasmussen stable gawd love em, great to see Sir Iceman over there given it a shake as well......I love it when our horses tear over the ditch and deal it up to the ozzies :) and if that means cheerin for the Blue n Silver, or the Black with white Star, or whatever colours and or horses flying the Kiwi flag while racing over there, then so be it.....

Geez it would've been great to see someone posting Woohoo!!!! Kiwis rule in oz, Go Kiwi Go Kiwi!!! or Guys! Did yuh see our Kiwis go in Oz on the weekend but no! If you lot can't be proud of our efforts, small wonder the bloody industry is in the proverbial doo doo house!

Tiz the start of new season, how bout focusin on the great racin we have ahead of us, the awesome horseflesh about to step back on the tracks, I can't wait for Monbet, Sunny Ruby, Marcoola, Have Faith In Me, Lazarus, Dream About Me, Golden Goddess sorry if I left someone out, and the upcomin battles theyre about to wage, geezuz don't yuh reckon we should be focussed on makin sure WE (Kiwis) win our fricken NZ Cup back? if my memory recalls AINT IT SITTIN IN OZZIE! (albeit won with a Kiwibred) hehehehe had to put that in there, so come on now! bit too early in season for this sh!te......

Cheers Iraklis

And while we are at it let's ban Phil Williamson and Paul Niarn from all trotting events, Chris Waller from Australia and Joel Moreira from Hong Kong. Probably should ban the All Blacks too - tiresome seeing them winning all the time.  Be careful Greg and Nina Hope too as you are winning far too many races recently. Why can't people just enjoy wonderful horseman/womanship and stop living negatively everyday. Don't you think Brodie we are sick of you whinging everyday about your unproven restrictions and how wonderfully your life is, and your snide comments re successful trainers must be using something? It gets tiresome.

images (4) - Copy.jpg

1 hour ago, Spikecity said:

And while we are at it let's ban Phil Williamson and Paul Niarn from all trotting events, Chris Waller from Australia and Joel Moreira from Hong Kong. Probably should ban the All Blacks too - tiresome seeing them winning all the time.  Be careful Greg and Nina Hope too as you are winning far too many races recently. Why can't people just enjoy wonderful horseman/womanship and stop living negatively everyday. Don't you think Brodie we are sick of you whinging everyday about your unproven restrictions and how wonderfully your life is, and your snide comments re successful trainers must be using something? It gets tiresome.

images (4) - Copy.jpg

Spike, ridiculous.

This is supposed to be a forum I was thinking, not a loveathon column.

Everyone has a right to an opinion whether you Flippen agree with it or not!!

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it is right although it is in your mind.

I firmly believe in fairness and honesty and will always speak my mind and stick up for what I believe in.

If you don't like it too Flippen bad!!

There are many things as I make you aware of including my whinging of the TABs actions and if you were affected, unless you are a weak person then you wouldn't be happy either.

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Spike, ridiculous.

This is supposed to be a forum I was thinking, not a loveathon column.

Everyone has a right to an opinion whether you Flippen agree with it or not!!

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it is right although it is in your mind.

I firmly believe in fairness and honesty and will always speak my mind and stick up for what I believe in.

If you don't like it too Flippen bad!!

There are many things as I make you aware of including my whinging of the TABs actions and if you were affected, unless you are a weak person then you wouldn't be happy either.

We understand your point (you have rammed it down our throats daily) and you need to face facts - they (TAB) are not going to change just because you are upset - get over it 

7 hours ago, Spikecity said:

We understand your point (you have rammed it down our throats daily) and you need to face facts - they (TAB) are not going to change just because you are upset - get over it 

Thanks Spike sympathy accepted!

Not daily at all more like when the opportunity arises !

As you say monotonous and is for the many that are getting restricted!

Good punting!

On 8/31/2016 at 5:15 PM, Iraklis said:

Well, you know I for one was bloody proud of our Kiwi efforts (horses n Trainers/Drivers) in oz recently, albeit most of the results an efforts were from that Purdon & Rasmussen stable gawd love em, great to see Sir Iceman over there given it a shake as well......I love it when our horses tear over the ditch and deal it up to the ozzies :) and if that means cheerin for the Blue n Silver, or the Black with white Star, or whatever colours and or horses flying the Kiwi flag while racing over there, then so be it.....

Geez it would've been great to see someone posting Woohoo!!!! Kiwis rule in oz, Go Kiwi Go Kiwi!!! or Guys! Did yuh see our Kiwis go in Oz on the weekend but no! If you lot can't be proud of our efforts, small wonder the bloody industry is in the proverbial doo doo house!

Tiz the start of new season, how bout focusin on the great racin we have ahead of us, the awesome horseflesh about to step back on the tracks, I can't wait for Monbet, Sunny Ruby, Marcoola, Have Faith In Me, Lazarus, Dream About Me, Golden Goddess sorry if I left someone out, and the upcomin battles theyre about to wage, geezuz don't yuh reckon we should be focussed on makin sure WE (Kiwis) win our fricken NZ Cup back? if my memory recalls AINT IT SITTIN IN OZZIE! (albeit won with a Kiwibred) hehehehe had to put that in there, so come on now! bit too early in season for this sh!te......

Cheers Iraklis

B)

You are missing the point......... if the current situation continues there wont be an industry we will run out of participants starting with trainers.

Ivan, I aint missing the point at all pal, Harness Racing the industry will always survive, in one form or another, perhaps what we are seeing is the emergence of the 'new form' just the sticklers for the old form maybe finding it all too hard to take, progress my friend.......in the world of user pays and good old opposition competition etc etc and video phone calls, phones that are mini computers, cars that drive themselves, cars that are rechargeable (bloody swearin to the good ol petrolhead) harness racing the industry will still be there! it'll morph and change just like everything else, and those who will be dragged into the future kicking and screamin will one day be sitting back havin a beer and sayin to the mates 'you know in the ol days we used to do this or that, moan about whatever' and 'back in the day we used to bemoan the fact that super trainers/stables were a bloody killer to the industry' and one of those mates will probably look up and say with a grin 'go on yeh, and what part did you play in that progression......'

Cheers Iraklis

It's the same owners all the time as well perhaps we should ban them from buying any horses for a year i'm sure the breeders won't miss the millions they reinvest at the sales each year!!?? Or make them send them to Peter Brown or Stu Bob instead?

22 hours ago, Goat said:

It's the same owners all the time as well perhaps we should ban them from buying any horses for a year i'm sure the breeders won't miss the millions they reinvest at the sales each year!!?? Or make them send them to Peter Brown or Stu Bob instead?