RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Kotare_Hunter

Nathan Jack Arrested

7 hours ago, GONSTA said:

No surprise to me after following some of the Nathan Jack driven / Turnbull trained horses on betfair quite regularly over the couple of years. 

Our Tab still show Amanda turnbull as having driven at menangle today.  Surely they should update these things.

This link is to the race in question,  It is at Cobram on 22 June 2015

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=CO220615&ms=vic#COC22061505

I have watched this race several times and apart from Jack almost twisting his neck watching the opposition it is hard to tell how the race was set up. He led the race and wilted late under what appeared to be a legitimate strong drive to 3rd. There was a photo finish to decide the winner which paid $5.90 while Jacks horse was paying $4.60. Apparently they took around 30K off the race. Maybe someone can enlighten me how they think this rort was played out. Amanda Turnbull, Jacks partner, neither drove in the race or had a horse in it.

45 minutes ago, harewood said:

This link is to the race in question,  It is at Cobram on 22 June 2015

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=CO220615&ms=vic#COC22061505

I have watched this race several times and apart from Jack almost twisting his neck watching the opposition it is hard to tell how the race was set up. He led the race and wilted late under what appeared to be a legitimate strong drive to 3rd. There was a photo finish to decide the winner which paid $5.90 while Jacks horse was paying $4.60. Apparently they took around 30K off the race. Maybe someone can enlighten me how they think this rort was played out. Amanda Turnbull, Jacks partner, neither drove in the race or had a horse in it.

Totally agree - the only questionable drive to my mind was on the hot fav

They are going after them for using deception for financial gain.

The horse that won was backed in from $11 to $4 with severally bookmakers and totes. (Financial gain)

the horse that won for "trainer" David Bartley was actually being trained by Nathan an Amanda at their property (deception)

i do think they will have trouble proving some of the charges, however I would be suprised if the don't get some for of suspension or disqualification.

one thing is for sure though, it will play out over a hellish long period

2 hours ago, Alittlebitofknowledge said:

They are going after them for using deception for financial gain.

The horse that won was backed in from $11 to $4 with severally bookmakers and totes. (Financial gain)

the horse that won for "trainer" David Bartley was actually being trained by Nathan an Amanda at their property (deception)

i do think they will have trouble proving some of the charges, however I would be suprised if the don't get some for of suspension or disqualification.

one thing is for sure though, it will play out over a hellish long period

Quite correct.

Though i think that the evidence is pretty solid as the police had enough evidence to make an arrest.
They'll probably make a deal to avoid jail time which would mean no more training or driving for the grub.

Suspecting a "training arrangement", and proving it are two entirely different situations. Particularly when the time in question is so long ago. Unless the stewards and police have some as yet undisclosed evidence, such as video, documentation, or someone prepared to rollover, they'd appear to be "pushing shit up hill" to make a case at the moment.

The standard of proof required for the stewards to find them guilty, and that required to make it stick under appeal in a court of law, are vastly different. I can see some serious egg on official faces coming out of this!

Interesting case. Some of the evidence gathered by hrv was inadmissible in the court case,as it was deemed it was gathered under duress (apparently threatening to withdraw licences unless they told the truth). Obviously that was a blow to the prosecution case. However remaining defendants suffered a set back when contested  parts of police evidence was deemed admissible. Case now concluded and adjourned for decision. Judge saying after hearing evidence at this stage there is a case to answer. for remaining defendants.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:28 PM, tim vince said:

Amanda Turnbull all charges dismissed.best these things are allowed to go through the process before condemning people.not taking sides but no evidence offered by prosecution .the rest of the trial continues.we wait with baited breath.

I see harnesslink is now reporting a winner trained by Amanda Turnbull has now returned a positive. Appears to be some sort of steroid. Apparently helps a lot of things including lung function.Earlier this month another trainer was fined $4000 for the same thing although his horse was only in a trial and was scratched from that trial as a result. You win some,you lose some.

9 hours ago, what a post said:

I see harnesslink is now reporting a winner trained by Amanda Turnbull has now returned a positive. Appears to be some sort of steroid. Apparently helps a lot of things including lung function.Earlier this month another trainer was fined $4000 for the same thing although his horse was only in a trial and was scratched from that trial as a result. You win some,you lose some.

yep and qld in the spotlight again with the dixons this time

1 hour ago, gary1 said:

yep and qld in the spotlight again with the dixons this time

Gary, where can we find this?

21 minutes ago, Brodie said:

RACE 8 – EGMONT PARK STUD 2017 DARRELL ALEXANDER MEMORIAL TROTTING CHAMPIONSHIPO FINAL (T5+) 2647m SS

PLACINGS: OUR OVERANOVA (NZ), RELEVEN DREAM (NZ), BLAZING UNDER FIRE (NZ), OUR DAINTY LADY (NZ)

SECTIONALS:  Mile Rate:  2.00.3     Lead Time:  81.0

First Quarter:  29.6   Second Quarter:  31.1         Third Quarter:  28.6       Fourth Quarter:  30.5

Pre race blood samples were taken from OUR OVERANOVA (NZ), SPUD, BLAZING UNDER FIRE (NZ), SENITAS SUCCESS and IONA GRINNER.

GIACOMO – broke gait leaving the 2400m and as a consequence failed to take any competitive part in the race thereafter.  A warning was placed on the gelding’s racing manners.

ASTRAL RULER (NZ) – galloped out and continued to gallop for a considerable distance despite the efforts of its driver and as a result failed to take any competitive part in the race.  ASTRAL RULER (NZ) will now be placed outside the draw in standing start events.

TAIMATE SUCCESS (NZ) – left a trailing position leaving the 2000m and raced three wide until a point near the 1600m.

BLAZING UNDER FIRE (NZ) - left a trailing position leaving the 2000m and raced three wide until a point near the 1400m.

IONA GRINNER – left a trailing position near the 1200m to commence a three wide run until a point near the 800m. Checked when tightened for room near the 100m.

RELEVEN DREAM (NZ) – left a trailing position near the 1200m to commence a three wide run with cover and raced three wide to a point near the 600m.

UNICO PEGASUS (NZ) – overraced for the majority of the event and near the 1000m contacted the sulky wheel of OUR DAINTY LADY (NZ).

OUR DAINTY LADY (NZ) – was inconvenienced near the 1000m when the sulky wheel was contacted by the wheel of UNICO PEGASUS (NZ).

Driver T Dixon (FOURSHARESMOREBEERS) was issued a charge under Rule 240 (a) (1) in that approaching the 100m she directed FOURSHARESMOREBEERS Inwards in a conscious effort to afford OUR OVERANOVA (G. Dixon) clear running between FOURSHARESMOREBEERS and RELEVEN DREAM.  As a consequence of the shift in by FOURSHARESMOREBEERS, IONA GRINNER which was racing to its inside in the sprint lane sustained interference.  Ms Dixon pleaded not guilty to the charge and made submissions that FOURSHARESMOREBEERS was inclined to hang in which resulted in it shifting in abruptly at that point despite her efforts.  Stewards elected to adjourn the inquiry to 10:00am Tuesday 19 December 2017 so that the previous racing manners of FOURSHARESMOREBEERS (NZ) could be reviewed and also to analyse wagering on the race.

29 minutes ago, Brodie said:

watch the race   

240.  A person shall not, whether alone or in an association with others, do, permit or suffer anything before, during or after a race which in the opinion of the Stewards or Controlling Body:-

(a)     may cause someone to be:-

(i)      unlawfully advantaged, or

(ii)     unlawfully disadvantaged, or

(iii)    penalised.

(b)     is corrupt.

(c)     is improper.

On 12/19/2017 at 7:52 AM, gary1 said:

watch the race   

240.  A person shall not, whether alone or in an association with others, do, permit or suffer anything before, during or after a race which in the opinion of the Stewards or Controlling Body:-

(a)     may cause someone to be:-

(i)      unlawfully advantaged, or

(ii)     unlawfully disadvantaged, or

(iii)    penalised.

(b)     is corrupt.

(c)     is improper.

dixon12 months

3 hours ago, Portfolio said:

At least Aussie actually punish those responsible. In nz, we are weak, which is why so many stables keep pushing the limits, its worth it. Get caught, transfer horses to a family member for a few weeks, then your back into it.

Or when you do get caught, just claim they were got at, drag it out and keep raking tin the money and hope people will just forget about it.