RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Was Kawi really that good in the Makfi ?

Alan Sharrock complaining about people voicing opinions is a bit rich.  We have heard his opinion a million times about how good this horse is(and to be fair clearly he is bloody good) and how he is going to go to Aussie but the latter has not happened.  Hasselhoof is a comparable situation as is Xtravagent.  If you want to rave your horse up then you must be prepared for the public to be critical.  A bit like a Hollywood star - if you take the adulation you would want to be ready for the dissection of any false move.

Compare it say to Mongolian Khan or Turn Me Loose two other very good types(arguably better since they are both dual Aussie G1 horses and a year younger than Kawi) - they were not decried when they failed because they had not been raved up from their earliest days.  Their racetrack deeds did the talking.   

Alan Sharrock is clearly an outstanding trainer but if you stick your neck out be careful it doesn't get chopped off.

If he was mine, the Straddie is probably his right race. 1400m at Eagle Farm, G1, not as strong as Melb but still tough. Black Geart Bart has franked the Straddie form with his Memsie win. When Weir states he's the best horse in the stable, you know that BHB is going to win plenty more.

The Makfi left more questions than provided answers for mine. The only one that has been answered so far outside the winner is Valley Girl and in hindsight the run was too bad to be true. But Stolen Dance, The Hoof, No More Tears didn't step up (IMO) Mime and Capella get a pass mark albeit just and the fact that mudders and handicappers finished in front of most of these just leaves to much to be answered - so time will tell.

Still unsure how last years three year old form will stack up, older horses in Memsie dominated - still early days but i have my doubts. Unfortunately our last years "champion three year old" Blake (Quade's brother) has had his much anticipated and reported return at the Valley this Saturday postponed after a mouse was spotted in his box - apparently has been given a day off to get over it. So we will have to wait another week to see how his form measures up.

56 minutes ago, toolittletoolate said:

The Makfi left more questions than provided answers for mine. The only one that has been answered so far outside the winner is Valley Girl and in hindsight the run was too bad to be true. But Stolen Dance, The Hoof, No More Tears didn't step up (IMO) Mime and Capella get a pass mark albeit just and the fact that mudders and handicappers finished in front of most of these just leaves to much to be answered - so time will tell.

Still unsure how last years three year old form will stack up, older horses in Memsie dominated - still early days but i have my doubts. Unfortunately our last years "champion three year old" Blake (Quade's brother) has had his much anticipated and reported return at the Valley this Saturday postponed after a mouse was spotted in his box - apparently has been given a day off to get over it. So we will have to wait another week to see how his form measures up.

Don't underestimate how bad that track actually was and Hasselhoof/Capella/Stolen Dance ended up out wide where it was a lot slower and they all want further and are being trained that way

Woudnt judge at all on that track and the fact that as you have labelled them (mudders and handicappers) beat them might have had something to do with track.

easy to forget that over 1600/2000m Stolen Dance got within a head of Kawi twice in G1's and beat him in another ,  

Early G1 spring racing on slowish tracks can offer outsiders their chance 

Smart move by al sharrock why take on one of the toughest racing scenes in the world when he can win 200k features that easy in NZ. Clearly at this point in time he is a step above the rest and I don't see why you wouldn't keep him here for now of course you can go over later and try your luck in a mackinnon and go from there.