RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Who Is The TABs Harness Bookie?

Does anyone know who is the current harness bookmaker who is setting the odds???

If anyone knows him/her it would be appreciated if you could have a word to them to see if they were prepared

to come on this forum and explain how they are currently setting the harness fixed odds?

There has been a definite plan over the past year or two to increase the TABs yield to the detriment of turnover and medium term viability 

of the harness racing industry.

If they don't think this is true then can they please explain why this isn't happening in their opinion!

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

Does anyone know who is the current harness bookmaker who is setting the odds???

If anyone knows him/her it would be appreciated if you could have a word to them to see if they were prepared

to come on this forum and explain how they are currently setting the harness fixed odds?

There has been a definite plan over the past year or two to increase the TABs yield to the detriment of turnover and medium term viability 

of the harness racing industry.

If they don't think this is true then can they please explain why this isn't happening in their opinion!

Mate whoever it is will be getting a big pat on the back for the killing they are making. No-one there gives a damn about anything other than short term profit.

53 minutes ago, MisterEd said:

I think Stephen Richardson is the harness bookie.  From the roadshow speeches and the increase on yield reported "Sickopunter" is right he will be getting a pat on the back.

Ed, it is not all about yield.

The TABs business plan as I have stated previously is seriously flawed.

Larger turnover is required for profitable business not just screwing down costs.

Any clown can set the odds that is happening at the moment.

They may think they are being clever by trying to stop punters from winning from them but it will backfire on them.

There are many disgruntled punters in NZ and growing by the day.

If they lose the long term punters whether they are winning punters or not they need to be replaced.

We all know that there is not a new generation of punter coming through as they have got more brains than to accept the crap

that the NZ TAB is dishing up nowadays.

Would love the person that sets the odds to respond as to why their business plan is going to be successful in their opinion.

58 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Larger turnover is required for profitable business not just screwing down costs.

They may think they are being clever by trying to stop punters from winning from them but it will backfire on them.

If they lose the long term punters whether they are winning punters or not they need to be replaced.

We all know that there is not a new generation of punter coming through as they have got more brains than to accept the crap

Would love the person that sets the odds to respond as to why their business plan is going to be successful in their opinion.

Pipe down Allan :P

10 hours ago, Brodie said:

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act"

21 hours ago, OzPunter said:

Pipe down Allan :P

Allan? I am the Brodster!!

I tell it the way it is, no beating around the bush with the Brodster!

How would you like to be restricted to next next to nothing when others have no restrictions.

Why are the TAB allowed to pick and choose who and how much they accept?

Do  they restrict Punters who continue to loose money???

Brodie all you ever do is carry on,carry on carry on and tell everyone on this site that you are restricted with your betting give up telling us this why have you not done the following.

Did you attend the John Allen roadshow and bring it up with him and if not why not

Have you phoned the harness racing bookie(Probably a Freephone) and spoken to him and if not.why not

Considering you are making lots and lots of money from harness? make a appointment to see the harness bookie and fly to wellington and have it out with him and report back to this site airfares are not going to break your bank.You seem incapable of making logical decisions but carry on and carry on

Do you think this will ever change no? use your systems to bet on Sydney and Melbourne gallops where the pools are so big your betting amounts would not even be a pinprick or else run a tipping line you could call it Whale 2 considering the amount of time you spend on your backside writing on this site I can only think you must be many times larger than the Whale was before he lost is weight.

7 hours ago, Brodie said:

Allan? I am the Brodster!!

I tell it the way it is, no beating around the bush with the Brodster!

How would you like to be restricted to next next to nothing when others have no restrictions.

Do  they restrict Punters who continue to loose money???

How would you like to be restricted to next next to nothing when others have no restrictions.?
You are not the only one on here with restrictions. I have been banned from several Aussie bookies and restricted on all the rest. I can still make good money even with restrictions in place. NZ TAB is still one of the best to bet with the most relaxed restrictions. If you are down to 2000 here, in Aus you will be $50 or less or cut off.

Unfortunately every bookmaker in the world has written their terms and conditions the bottom two clauses giving them complete control of anybodys bets.
6.5. The Board may close your Account at any time without giving you any reason. 

7.3. The Board may refuse to accept any bet placed by you without giving any reason. The Board will do its best to communicate to you that it has not accepted the bet. The Board will not be liable to you for any loss you may suffer as a consequence of refusing to accept a bet made by you. 

It may not be morally correct in every ones eyes especially to punters making good money, but at the end of the day everyone agrees to this when opening an account and have no comeback.

Do  they restrict Punters who continue to loose money?
No of course not, that is how they make money. It is after all a business

I do think the NZ TAB should be offering a wider range of bets such as exactas,  and also the opportunity to bet down to 1% in the exotics to attract more punters with limited funds. Hopefully this will be included in their grand scheme to overhaul the software and hardware in the next few years.

Let's be clear on one thing. It is not fair to compare the TAB to Australian bookies. First of all the TAB has a 95% Monopoly. What I mean by that is that 95% of people do not or will not try to bet anywhere else. Some don't know how to, most cant be bothered. It is a different culture and always will be unless relaxed, logical and well overdue new legislation comes in here.

To compare the NZ TAB to Australian bookies on NZ trots is silly. The majority of betting Aussie bookies take is on Metro Gallops. They don't have hundreds if not thousands of losing trot punters to offset their losses IF a few smarties win now and then. The NZTAB does. End of comparison.

8 hours ago, Fiery Falcon said:

Brodie all you ever do is carry on,carry on carry on and tell everyone on this site that you are restricted with your betting give up telling us this why have you not done the following.

Did you attend the John Allen roadshow and bring it up with him and if not why not

Have you phoned the harness racing bookie(Probably a Freephone) and spoken to him and if not.why not

Considering you are making lots and lots of money from harness? make a appointment to see the harness bookie and fly to wellington and have it out with him and report back to this site airfares are not going to break your bank.You seem incapable of making logical decisions but carry on and carry on

Do you think this will ever change no? use your systems to bet on Sydney and Melbourne gallops where the pools are so big your betting amounts would not even be a pinprick or else run a tipping line you could call it Whale 2 considering the amount of time you spend on your backside writing on this site I can only think you must be many times larger than the Whale was before he lost is weight.

Thanks for your response Fiery, clearly you are linked with the TAB.

Firstly, of course I carry on about a subject that affects me greatly and it would you as well if it affected you.

Secondly, I have had many phone calls to Wellington about it and all they do is restrict, their policy is they dont want winning punters.

I am restricted down to $1000 now not $2k.

I don't bet on gallops or dogs as you can't follow form.

No I am not the size of the whale quite the opposite. Fit and healthy!

I am able to spend time on this site as I have many well performing investments that allow me the time!

Thanks for your concern!

10 hours ago, Brodie said:

Thanks for your response Fiery, clearly you are linked with the TAB.

Firstly, of course I carry on about a subject that affects me greatly and it would you as well if it affected you.

Secondly, I have had many phone calls to Wellington about it and all they do is restrict, their policy is they dont want winning punters.

I am restricted down to $1000 now not $2k.

I don't bet on gallops or dogs as you can't follow form.

No I am not the size of the whale quite the opposite. Fit and healthy!

I am able to spend time on this site as I have many well performing investments that allow me the time!

Thanks for your concern!

So Allan. What is your plan going forward betting wise on NZ trots? Has the restrictions made you try and use Aussie bookmakers to get bets on or are you using betfair now instead? Or have you just massively reduced your bet sizes and still using the NZ Tab quite regularly?

I hope its not that latter as then you are doing exactly what the NZ Tab wants you too do

3 hours ago, OzPunter said:

So Allan. What is your plan going forward betting wise on NZ trots? Has the restrictions made you try and use Aussie bookmakers to get bets on or are you using betfair now instead? Or have you just massively reduced your bet sizes and still using the NZ Tab quite regularly?

I hope its not that latter as then you are doing exactly what the NZ Tab wants you too do

Brodie here.

Yes tried Oz accounts, no Flippen better.

Bets substantially reduced as once I have a bet they reduce the div by about 50 per cent.

To be honest, yes I am finding it to be a losing battle, starting to not care much anymore.

The reality is that the TAB and the harness industry are the real losers as by restricting the winning punters they are losing turnover and profit from the losing punters.

Financially won't affect my lifestyle whatsoever, problem is finding something else to fill in my time if I did stop!

Currently overseas at the moment and having a great time so maybe I travel more with my wife and then charity work!

Not too sure who you are Mr OzPunter?

Charity Work I'm sure I can fit you into one of my charity syndicates Brodie or Allan,  how about putting some of that hard earned back into the industry that has been so good to you. I will look forward to receiving your donation. Regards Westview

31 minutes ago, westview said:

Charity Work I'm sure I can fit you into one of my charity syndicates Brodie or Allan,  how about putting some of that hard earned back into the industry that has been so good to you. I will look forward to receiving your donation. Regards Westview

For someone doing so well you would think they wouldn't be afraid in a little h2h competition like I've offered him numerous times or even posting ONE tip for all us battlers.  :D:lol::rolleyes: 

Apparently punting harness is far easier than the other 2 codes, he's just yet to prove it. Great racing coming up in all 3 codes Brodie let me know if you change your mind ( lol ).

5 hours ago, westview said:

Allan? I am the Brodster!

Always will be I think!

I could always help out the TAB for free seem they are so charitable nowadays, and maybe assist with Xmas dinner at the mission Mr Westview.

By the way, you do a great job with your syndications, one of the true good guys in the industry.

4 hours ago, GONSTA said:

For someone doing so well you would think they wouldn't be afraid in a little h2h competition like I've offered him numerous times or even posting ONE tip for all us battlers.  :D:lol::rolleyes: 

Apparently punting harness is far easier than the other 2 codes, he's just yet to prove it. Great racing coming up in all 3 codes Brodie let me know if you change your mind ( lol ).

Gonsta, have been waiting for you.

Puntng is only as easy as the TAB will allow it to be.

How many gallops or greyhound punters are being screwed by the TAB???

Have you read the Garrick Knight article regarding the harness punters in the 26th August 2016 publication of the Harness Express??

When you have read it, come back on and comment!

2 hours ago, tonkatime said:

Could you share a link if possible please?

Have to buy a subscription. Well worth it though.

20 hours ago, Brodie said:

Not too sure who you are Mr OzPunter?

I am an enigma wrapped in a mystery Allan.

Toblerone dont get me wrong, there are some good stories on there and I am sure there are some people who would pay for information I can get for free (ie stable changes from HRNZ). Anyone can look at the archives and make their own mind up whether they can benefit from paying, but for me I would rather put my $184 to good use somewhere else.