RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
barryb

Talk about boring racing from NZ

Try sitting through watching an AB test or a super rugby game.

Maybe its just me, I used to love watching Rugby but in the last 12 months I just couldn't give a f--- what happens in either super rugby or the test arena.

It now features from Feb - Nov and its over kill in the extreme, I read with interest that clubs around NZ are on their knees, yet you would perceive that the game is doing well outwardly.

The rugby of the last 12 months has become over-hyped, over-ruled and over supplied, give me Group 1 racing from Hastings anyday.

Kawi's win today was far bloody superior to watch than a trudge of a test match from Wellington where all the sheeple are tuned to their TV sets.

The reality is NO ONE in Aus give a tupny that the game is even on.

10 minutes ago, barryb said:

Maybe its just me, I used to love watching Rugby but in the last 12 months I just couldn't give a f--- what happens in either super rugby or the test arena.

It now features from Feb - Nov and its over kill in the extreme, I read with interest that clubs around NZ are on their knees, yet you would perceive that the game is doing well outwardly.

The rugby of the last 12 months has become over-hyped, over-ruled and over supplied, give me Group 1 racing from Hastings anyday.

Kawi's win today was far bloody superior to watch than a trudge of a test match from Wellington where all the sheeple are tuned to their TV sets.

Barryb, agree with you.

Rugby league leaves it for dead!

No one knows the rules of rugby nowadays.

Would be better to have fewer rules at ruck and maul time and let it be a free for all at getting the ball.

Bit of forcing back quite often.

I backed him at Te Rapa after his trial, thought he looked a bit fat still there but was dissuaded from following up today with Colgan off for the first time and thought WFA may have worked against him. One of the runs of the day along with that CWJ ride in the last.

29 minutes ago, barryb said:

The Aussies will soon change their tune with a decent performance or miracle Barry.....;)

Don't think so Ohokaman, last time Aussie rugby was even interesting was in the early 80's when on a Saturday afternoon from 5-6pm on TV1 they used to screen NSW v Qld.

Since then its been in decline and AB's fans have been kidding themselves that the rest of the world gives a f--- about the game.

I read with interest David Moffatt's comments that super rugby will be toast in 5 yrs, I think he was being bloody generous with the 5 years.

52 minutes ago, barryb said:

& how bloody good was Farm Boys run, watch out him next start.

Been an unlucky horse, i had a poultice on at Avondale and Spratt got it wrong,colgan got it wrong on more than one occasion,interesting today as his weakness has been being outsprinted but showed something in a fresher state,hasslehoof looked the 'interesting' run out of the race as farmy took inside runs. Jurys out

12 hours ago, barryb said:

I agree,10 years ago i probably watched just as much rugby as league,but now i probably watch live 80% of NRL games on tv and about 10% of Super rugby and Rugby championship.I watch replays of rugby so i can fast forward,actually finished one of the super games in 55 mins,all stoppages.

With all the rugby rule changes now the average fella just cant understand the rulings at the ruck and mauls. 

12 hours ago, barryb said:

Since then its been in decline and AB's fans have been kidding themselves that the rest of the world gives a f--- about the game.

Well, there were about 70,000 people at the game in Sydney last week. So there's about 70,000 Aussies who give a f---. And the salaries you can get playing rugby in Europe are massive, so there are quite a few there who give a f--- as well. The World Cup there gets sell out crowds. And there's no rule that you have to care about 1 game above another. I enjoy many different sports codes. But the Chiefs are my team in the rugby code and I'll keep watching and supporting them, regardless of what anyone else thinks. Plus, I find the actual rugby as a sport very entertaining. :)

Peter take a look at viewer no's out of Aus, The game doesnt rate there.

They are veru fickle following sports team in Aus and they will drop this team bigtime. Name the countries Peter where it is the leading sport?  I will help you Wales, NZ and some pacific nations. Its on the decline here bigtime. NPC Rugby is near extinct as is the Ranfurly shield.

And now we have Cheika blaming the referee. ??! He apparently thought bringing thuggery into the game might upset the All Blacks......they are going to need a hell of a lot more than that.

Coach of the Year this bloke too apparently....:rolleyes:

He might want to consider the 71-17 scoreline over two games....anyway, here's a present Cheik....

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, barryb said:

Peter take a look at viewer no's out of Aus, The game doesnt rate there.

They are veru fickle following sports team in Aus and they will drop this team bigtime. Name the countries Peter where it is the leading sport?  I will help you Wales, NZ and some pacific nations. Its on the decline here bigtime. NPC Rugby is near extinct as is the Ranfurly shield.

Barry, you're underselling the interest. Rugby won 2 (All Blacks, Dan Carter) of the 5 awards at the Laureus World Sports Awards in Europe, voted on by journalists and sportsmen worldwide. When was the last time anybody from Aussie Rules or Rugby League did the same? Rugby is actually on the rise worldwide with participation numbers skyrocketing in recent years. Australia isn't the be all and end all. I'm sure none of the Aussie Rules fans over there care how their game rates in NZ.

No one from what I can read Kakama is disputing that they are the best in the world or anything like that.

Just that the game itself has lost its way, you can dispute that anyway you wish, but the facts are that its declining rapidly in interest in this country. I have like more than a few others on here have joined the list of people who Rugby no longer has a god like hold over us.

I can remember getting up mid week and weekends to watch every game from the UK tours but now I cant even sit through a test game like last night.

Funnily enough was just looking at a post from a bloke in Australia who seems to have contacts in Australian Rugby Union. He reckons they are over the moon  with interest in their  domestic game ,  apparently   booming and all time high  playing numbers.  I know a few Australian  blokes who travelled from Brisbane to Sydney for last week's game and they are league followers primarily.   They say the interest in there, it's just Australians love winners and with their team showing as much spark  as a 1955 Masport, they need to turn things around real quick.

1 hour ago, Mr Spyro said:

. He reckons they are over the moon  with interest in their  domestic game ,  apparently   booming and all time high  playing numbers.  

Must be future NZTR employees spruiking the game the way they talk up the golden future for racing in NZ!

18 hours ago, Mr Spyro said:

Funnily enough was just looking at a post from a bloke in Australia who seems to have contacts in Australian Rugby Union. He reckons they are over the moon  with interest in their  domestic game ,  apparently   booming and all time high  playing numbers.  I know a few Australian  blokes who travelled from Brisbane to Sydney for last week's game and they are league followers primarily.   They say the interest in there, it's just Australians love winners and with their team showing as much spark  as a 1955 Masport, they need to turn things around real quick.

I agree with Chevy - sounds like a press release from the NZRB and the minister of racing(and silly looks) about the fortunes of NZ Racing