RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Yet Another Astonishing TAB Action

Tonight the meeting code number at Alexandra Park was 8 (eight) - a number almost sacred to Canterbury meetings.    Why the change TAB?   The North's (almost) exclusive meeting number is 5 (Five) and this number was not allocated to any meetings of any code in any Country and has not been (to now) given through to Monday.      And, on top of this, they obviously didn't tell the ATC who showed tonight's meeting as 5 in their racebook.     A friend of mine said he rang the TAB on Thursday night to place an early bet and was bluntly told "this meeting number doesn't exist" and when he asked what the number for Auckland the next day was he was (correctly) told "Meeting 8" and as this number was being used that night at Addington so no bets on Auckland were possible.         Surely, the TAB cannot be so dumb as to deter investments, well perhaps they are.      I know no one from the TAB will tell us why this situation arose - certainly through this forum, which although they detest they do keep a sly eye on.    I sincerely hope the ATC take this up with Mr Allen - the club and the punters certainly deserve better from the monopoly organisation.