RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Grant R

Make the call on Makfi who wins

The Memsie does look ready made for BHB, take him out and it is an even bunch amongst the rest. Three year old form is starting to look exposed through Mahuta and time will tell how strong last years lot were but I'm very interested in Sofia Rosa going forward - if she comes up there will be a nice FM race in her somewhere.

Makfi too early to call - weather tonight/tomorrow will play a part - then how the track plays on the day, if they swoop VG and Kawi have ideal draws to sit back with cover but if it plays to on pace I would suspect SD would take advantage of her draw and be in 1/1 so she may be the play but I don't think she will want it too wet. I'll be sitting it out like most NZ days but taking an interest as some of these are earmarked to cross the tasman.

I'm leaning to Stolen Dance and Capella because of the draws but the weather might play a part yet.

The Aussie mare Vergara has good form credentials and the right trainers to spring a surprise too. Getting within 5 or 6 of Winx puts her right in the frame at her best surely....

I will go for Capella for one reason and that been D Johnson has elected to ride. I would think she had the choice between Valley Girl  that she won on at Ruakaka last start. Not sure if she had a choice to ride the stable horse No More Tears.

I was impressed by the trail at Texas, my roughie is El Pescado.

I think the surprise package will be El Pescado, but Hasselhoof beat him easily coming through the grades last season and is better than him and Southern Icon if the going is loose/dead or better.

Valley Girl is a ball of muscle and very forward; if the draw makes the difference Stolen Dance should be right there at the finish.

A tough race to pick in one.

4 hours ago, bestbets said:

I will go for Capella for one reason and that been D Johnson has elected to ride. I would think she had the choice between Valley Girl  that she won on at Ruakaka last start. Not sure if she had a choice to ride the stable horse No More Tears.

I was impressed by the trail at Texas, my roughie is El Pescado.

The trail at Texas may well be impressive, but this race is at Hastings BB......:P

On 8/25/2016 at 9:12 PM, gubellini said:

Ohokaman agree about Vergara. How many in this field would be able to run fourth in a Doncaster? If the TAB offers a girl v boy option I would lean towards the girls!

Boy 1.90, Girl 1.80.  If they were both $2.00, I'd back Girl.  But I'm looking for Boy now because I buckled and got sucked in by the $5 for Kawi yesterday.  Looking forward to an interesting race.

2 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Are you going to get through the whole harem before start time?

I've always thought Capella had the potential to be the best horse in NZ, but I thought a wet track today suited VG more.

Track looks good though, and as long as Capella has no residual effects from that pesticide scare I'm getting on.

7 minutes ago, MiDeBo Racing said:

Knocking........

He beat a field of NZ Group horses on a wet track... and yes he was impressive. He is a top horse in NZ I am not disputing that... but I am not certain he would measure up to the best in Oz, just my opinion as I have stated before... not knocking him just being a realist.

On 25 August 2016 at 6:36 PM, Midget said:

If what's been quoted here is true about Kawi he's worth risking.

I'm thinking Valley Girl might be the one this week.

Lays the winner and picks the horse who ran stone motherless last.

Somethings never change short stuff. :D

36 minutes ago, hesi said:

People were taking issue with the point that a potentially performance affecting surgery was not made public until a couple of days before the race Obviously those in the know had a chance to back Kawi at a better price That's life

Come off it.  They opened Kawi at $5.00 in July.  $5 and more was available after the surgery was reported.  Kawi was over $5 at close on Betfair.

If 'those in the know' really were doing that, it was a waste of time.

21 minutes ago, CT said:

Lays the winner and picks the horse who ran stone motherless last.

Somethings never change short stuff. :D

Nothing changes alright, as usual you're first with your hand up, with the wrong answer.

image.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Midget said:

Nothing changes alright, as usual you're first with your hand up, with the wrong answer.

image.jpeg

That's not very brave short stuff.

Because I'm feeling extra generous on this glorious Saturday afternoon I'll give you a winner but you'll have to work it out.

She's wet and she's hot and she's in the last race at Caulfield.

Now don't go tipping the All Blacks tonight. I don't want you spoiling my little gathering for the game.

1 hour ago, CT said:

Because I'm feeling extra generous on this glorious Saturday afternoon I'll give you a winner but you'll have to work it out.

Now don't go tipping the All Blacks tonight. I don't want you spoiling my little gathering for the game.

And another one that has had a wind operation recently.....

1 hour ago, CT said:

Alotta love/Miss soft hands ?