RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Grant R

Make the call on Makfi who wins

1 hour ago, hesi said:

Not good enough, I suppose she has chance with 'Sleepy' not on:)

Good to see some of the best 3 year olds from last season fronting, instead of buggering straight off to Aus.

Very questionable as to whether any of these horses could perform at G1 level in Aus

Really , I think there are number that will perform at that level in Aus.

38 minutes ago, Trump said:

Two G1 races on sat beginning with the letter M. Compare the fields and ask yourself which has the best field

Cynical Trump, Sydney metropolitan area alone has as many horses on the trainer's books as all of NZ.

Anyway I'd back Capella and Valley Girl to hold their own against everything you've got except maybe Winx and a couple of others.

As for the rugby......

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, Trump said:

Two G1 races on sat beginning with the letter M. Compare the fields and ask yourself which has the best field

Will be interesting to see how Provocative goes against Tom Melbourne and Co Saturday Trumpy.

Might be too short for her this early in the prep but she will have residual fitness from Queensland.

You left an A in there Ohakason. :) yes, Midge, it was great to see the AB's do the Wannabies with one of their best ever performances. Back to the two M's. I was asking about the quality of the two races. The Memsie has a top top field and altho Bart looks a certainty, at the price, you have to back Sofia Rosa each way at $21. On her 1st up record she's been good but then again, this is the strongest 1400m race she's had to face first up. It's a cracker field. 

5 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

So name the ones who could win a Group1 and what one could they win in your opinion..during the spring.

Win a G1 , not beat Winx.

Hasselhoof, Kawi, Capella, Stolen Dance, Valley Girl.

I wouldn't put it beyond those mares to win a Myer or a Coolmore, the other two have to be be shows in Mckinnon or Toorak etc. Why wouldn't they be?

38 minutes ago, Huey said:

Win a G1 , not beat Winx.

Hasselhoof, Kawi, Capella, Stolen Dance, Valley Girl.

I wouldn't put it beyond those mares to win a Myer or a Coolmore, the other two have to be be shows in Mckinnon or Toorak etc. Why wouldn't they be?

I think that for the three mares the 1600 of the Myer would be to short...Hasselhoof could not measure up at listed level in the Autumn in Sydney and Kawi they keep talking up Oz but still to leave NZ... so I think your argument is not on solid ground, they would all struggle at in the top Group 1 races in the spring you mentioned. Just my opinion.

9 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

I think that for the three mares the 1600 of the Myer would be to short...Hasselhoof could not measure up at listed level in the Autumn in Sydney and Kawi they keep talking up Oz but still to leave NZ... so I think your argument is not on solid ground, they would all struggle at in the top Group 1 races in the spring you mentioned. Just my opinion.

The mile of the Myer definitely not to short for Stolen Dance, the mile is her distance with 7 wins and a couple of placing from 9 attempts, her season you would imagine will be aimed around miles with the odd 2000m race when they fit best

9 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Just my opinion also, hope we get to find out.

Can't see why a mile would be too short for Capella also even if fresh up. Of course its easy to say they won't measure up the odds are stacked in your favour , so here is hoping they get a chance over there. Kawi especially anyone that thinks he wouldn't be competitive in the right G1s in Aus is mad imo , of course thats just my opinion.

2 hours ago, Trump said:

You left an A in there Ohakason. :) yes, Midge, it was great to see the AB's do the Wannabies with one of their best ever performances. Back to the two M's. I was asking about the quality of the two races. The Memsie has a top top field and altho Bart looks a certainty, at the price, you have to back Sofia Rosa each way at $21. On her 1st up record she's been good but then again, this is the strongest 1400m race she's had to face first up. It's a cracker field. 

Top racing for sure Trumpy with the good ones coming back.

Quite a few interesting gear changes this week - blinkers on Shiraz, Wazzenme, Alpine Eagle first time......;)