RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
zelda kratchanova 2

caulfeild guineas thread

William Hill have wound the price out to $7.  Our TAB standing strong at $5.  Have wound in the favourite and the result is a market over 125%.  Don't they know it's Saturday?  I thought in bookmaking that if you bring one in, you push another one out.

He was caught wide all the way and travelled a bit too keen I thought. Then he attacked really early and peaked about 300 out.

His "go" was always going to be 2000m+ so in that context it wasn't a bad run.

Their challenge now will be getting him to relax off the bridle before Derby time, he might do that with cover but you wouldn't want to sitting in the open pulling during a lap of Flemington.

7 minutes ago, N1MUE said:

Ran like a horse who was second-up after a tough first run.  Will be better for that run.

You were right about the Sydney colts John, even if the wrong one won...!

Sacred Elixir looked like he was wanting more ground already, but still disappointing given Pike's big build up this week.

10 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

You were right about the Sydney colts John, even if the wrong one won...!

Yeah Impending was a bit disappointing - had the run they expected him to and had every chance.  James Mac's post race comments suggest he might have had enough for this campaign.

Ye

1 hour ago, N1MUE said:

Yeah Impending was a bit disappointing - had the run they expected him to and had every chance.  James Mac's post race comments suggest he might have had enough for this campaign.

Yes. Reading the riders comments throughout the meeting I was surprised at how many said their horses were at the end of it, had enough, looking for a break etc.....particularly the young ones. Racing taking its toll obviously.

23 hours ago, Midget said:

I'll bet he's put his hand up :) and he did a mighty fine job in Queensland 

Staying with Lane for the AAMI Vase next up. Zac Purton can't get down from HK.

Did you see the run of the race in the Guineas...? Anyone that missed So Si Bon should head to Specsavers pronto.

Stopped half way down yet picked himself up and steamed home for 5th. Mick Dee thought he should have won and watching the video it's easy to see why. ( in black with red and white hooped sleeves ) By So You Think so further shouldn't be a problem.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/video/watch/32840418/divine-prophet-wins-the-caulfield-guineas/#page1

I was concerned with Tony Pike's comment about Sacred Elixir getting stirred up by the big crowd.  Come 29th October the crowd will be much bigger and much noisier, as they ponce about near the starting stalls  of the VRC Derby.

I do not think the 2016 VRC Derby winner raced in the Caulfield Guineas.  But there could be a post on here at about 7 p.m. on 29th October telling me how wrong I am.

41 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

I was concerned with Tony Pike's comment about Sacred Elixir getting stirred up by the big crowd.  Come 29th October the crowd will be much bigger and much noisier, as they ponce about near the starting stalls  of the VRC Derby.

I do not think the 2016 VRC Derby winner raced in the Caulfield Guineas.  But there could be a post on here at about 7 p.m. on 29th October telling me how wrong I am.

Didn't get the best of runs though TN....caught wide, didn't settle like they wanted, took off early.

They thought he was a winning chance...did the first up run flatten him..? Possibly.

Wants further now and will be trained for it. AAMI Vase next then the Derby.

MEMORANDUM

TO  The Moderator

FROM Tauhei Notts

SUBJECT   Deletion

Would you please;

1. Delete the second paragraph of my 10.10.16 3.01 p.m. post.  Subsequent events have proven it to be silly.

2.   Accept my apologies for fouling your site.  I sincerely regret my impertinence.

Tauhei Notts