RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Bimbo

Swimming Goat

Congratulations. A well-earned record. Was super-sizzling on a very cold night.

It is hard to believe that greyhounds of the calibre of Little Mother, Dangle The Carat, Cecilia Bale, Matanuska, and Bright Star had made it to 14 and not one had been able to go on. (Not always their fault, mind you).

Yes but some of Rummo's wins were sweepstake races which were not worthy of inclusion.  Little mother was the unluckiest, all tracks at the very best level one unlucky run finished that then won two group ones at next two starts.

Forget about the hard luck stories though The Goat is a worthy record holder.

and another thing that this has done is get greyhounds in mainstream media for a good reason as the TV3 news ran a story.

Also I must say how well Calum Weir has progressed dealing with the media as started off very quiet and nervous throughout the years but has really developed it well based on last night's interview and Thursday radio interview with Jason Teaz.

Don't be ridiculous Shakey,

A few of those non tote races were 5 dog fields from memory and there were no photo finishes. Rummo won going through the grades as well and his first start in a straight c5 resulted in his first loss. It would be a joke to compare Rummo's record alongside the likes of Little Mother and The Goat

The Goat is a worthy winner and why try and lessen the achievement.  

A win is a win old fella.

Don't matter where, when, how many or what grade.

15 in a row from day 1 is better than doing it after its already been racing for a while.

15 from 15 won't be seen again for sometime and its been 20 years so far.

Remember C0 and C1 tote races were few and far apart then, 

Not in my opinion Craig, first time at class 5 and beaten tells the story for me. A better effort would have been Metal Band for Dr Bob, maiden to final of Auckland cup win unbeaten. No 5 dog fields and took on allcommers, the connections of Rummo were that busy trying to double up on low grade events he never even had enough credentials to make the heats of the Derby in his year.  Everything is relative and the Goats efforts are worthy, a very good greyhound.

Each time in the past when a greyhound such as Cecilia Bale, Matanuska, Little Mother, Dangle The Carat, Bright Star has reached the 14 successive wins the matter of Rummo's performances is raised.

Somewhere along the line it appears that the non-tote wins of Rummo have been officially discarded which is why he does not appear in that list.

Swimming Goat now holds the official NZ greyhound record of 15 totalisator wins in succession.

33 minutes ago, jasonmccook1 said:

It would be a points thing I would think so that all top seed dogs not in same race

Ok thanks for that.  I would of thought putting the best dogs together is more likely to satisfy the punters......and apparently thats what this game is all about.?

No one is worried about the punter . See Auckland today no times for some races but times for others and false times at that . Swimming goat is a very good dog and deserves the awards no use crying about it everyone has the chance to get one better and try and beat it . There may already be one here. 

11 hours ago, GOM said:

Not in my opinion Craig, first time at class 5 and beaten tells the story for me. A better effort would have been Metal Band for Dr Bob, maiden to final of Auckland cup win unbeaten. No 5 dog fields and took on allcommers, the connections of Rummo were that busy trying to double up on low grade events he never even had enough credentials to make the heats of the Derby in his year.  Everything is relative and the Goats efforts are worthy, a very good greyhound.

Very harsh statement any dog that wins 15 straight is amazing what ever the grade, would love one myself cheers WB

Swimming Goat vs Subic Bay match race series! 

Make it happen NZGRA! Two dogs that have broken 7+ year old track records at our two biggest tracks. Both dogs on top of their game, would love to see it happen! 

I see neither record has been acknowledged on the dogs website tho. 

1 hour ago, GONSTA said:

Swimming Goat vs Subic Bay match race series! 

Make it happen NZGRA! Two dogs that have broken 7+ year old track records at our two biggest tracks. Both dogs on top of their game, would love to see it happen! 

I see neither record has been acknowledged on the dogs website tho. 

Love to see the goat have ago at Hatrick g1 heats 520 be interesting tight easy 520 cheers