RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Eagle Eye

Box draws

B) Went to the site to see the latest box draw for my boy lol before I opened it I guessed the box and yes it was 5 lol previous I checked my c5 dog draw and guessed another outside draw yes 8 it's as though that magic machine that is honest lol will may be give my boy a break but no that would be asking the gods for to much lol that right box draws don't matter lol

This one crops up at least once a year.

What are the odds it will rise up once more in 2017?

It has a lot to do with the fact that there are only 8 numbers involved each time.

And what happens after you draw box 5 one day? The chances are that you are quite possibly going to get 5 the next time. And the next time.

The old "trick" question comes to mind. If you toss a coin 49 times and it comes up heads 49 times what are the odds for the 50th toss?

Answer is: the same odds as the very first toss.

The randomness of the box draw system has been outlined on a number of occasions, the last being in On Track a wee while ago.

I understand it is just as random to put the numbers in one hat, the names in another and start drawing. After all, either it is random or it isn't. Time-consuming though.

Good "luck" to you all.

17 minutes ago, Jape said:

This one crops up at least once a year.

What are the odds it will rise up once more in 2017?

It has a lot to do with the fact that there are only 8 numbers involved each time.

And what happens after you draw box 5 one day? The chances are that you are quite possibly going to get 5 the next time. And the next time.

The old "trick" question comes to mind. If you toss a coin 49 times and it comes up heads 49 times what are the odds for the 50th toss?

Answer is: the same odds as the very first toss.

The randomness of the box draw system has been outlined on a number of occasions, the last being in On Track a wee while ago.

I understand it is just as random to put the numbers in one hat, the names in another and start drawing. After all, either it is random or it isn't. Time-consuming though.

Good "luck" to you all.

Box1 for me every time would be nice lol I'd love to be jinxed with that box as most of my dogs are front runners lol all can see and need the rail but yes 5 or outer is poor old cooks, Ritza Roman lol I'm always checking my boot of my car after each box draw lol 

17 minutes ago, GOM said:

The hat one is transparent though Peter.

Ha ha.

Perhaps you know the one about the bloke that was so fed up with not winning a raffle at the local bowls club he jacked it up so that every ticket that went into the hat was his - number 6.

Unfortunately the chap who got the job to draw out the winning number came up with number 7. It was the hat size.

13 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

Box1 for me every time would be nice lol I'd love to be jinxed with that box as most of my dogs are front runners lol all can see and need the rail but yes 5 or outer is poor old cooks, Ritza Roman lol I'm always checking my boot of my car after each box draw lol 

:)Got box1 with lonesome Nitro just checked, hey it does work lol

4 minutes ago, modest mouse said:

And after an electrifying win last Sunday we're back to the crap box again. He's only ever drawn 2 out of 2, and now 8 out of 7. Random, my foot. By the way, dog 1 is now into box 1 for the 14th time. It's not what you know, but who you know.

:Dyep love the honesty, a shame it's a sham, they hate me and stick it to me with my dogs that cry out for an inside draw cheers WB

1 hour ago, Joe blogs said:

Are we talking about subic Bay

if so it will be box 1 13 times 

it has had box 8 14 times 

and I don't think it matters what box that dog has full stop

your always going to have people whingeing

7 hours ago, Joe blogs said:

Are we talking about subic Bay

if so it will be box 1 13 times 

it has had box 8 14 times 

and I don't think it matters what box that dog has full stop

If cawbourne cooks had that luck mate he would have won the nz futurity box1 and much more fact cheers WB